5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, sweet-scented, and safe.
Published on August 20, 2010 by Karen Bramblet

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect it to smell like berries or roses!
Published 8 months ago by Picotee

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, sweet-scented, and safe., August 20, 2010
Karen Bramblet (Watertown, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
This is a wonderful lip balm that doesn't feel waxy, like the Chapstick brand tends to, and doesn't have salicylic acid in it, like the Carmex brand does. The latter point is also good because you're not supposed to use products with salicylic acid when you're pregnant and I've been using one jar every day through most of my pregnancy...about 5-6 months so far, and the jar still has some in it. It smells lovely and feels very smooth on the lips. The case is also delightfully retro-looking and is easy to find in your purse. It does get quite soft when it's hot out, like one reviewer noted, but as long as you're not just keeping it in your hot car it does get firmer again. A great product, and well-worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect it to smell like berries or roses!, October 23, 2013
Picotee (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
The name "Brambleberry Rose" and the kitschy packaging certainly lured me in but in reality it's not what I'd imagine brambleberries to smell like, and certainly not roses. I was disappointed with how artificial and unberry-like this ended up tasting and smelling. Unfortunately, the real ingredient list isn't shown on Amazon. This is the ingredient list from the back of the tin I received:

Petrolatum, tutti fruitti aroma OS w/sweetener, N&A #6528483, beeswax, shea butter, vitamin E, carmine (dye from crushed beetles), red 7 lake, tutti fruitti flavor (benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, cinnaminic aid, citronellol, d-limonene, eugenol, isoeugenol).

It does however, smell like tutti fruitti jelly beans (the white ones, I think) and if I'd known that beforehand I most likely wouldn't have given into the impulse to buy it. The original Rosebud balm doesn't share this type of fake and sickly-sweet scent. As for moisturizing, it's about the same as Vaseline or the original Rosebud formula would do although the shea butter in here is a nice touch. When applied, not much of a tint shows up on my lips at all, just a slight trace of pink. I had high expectations and can't believe I actually prefer Maybelline Baby Lips to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lip balm, December 23, 2009
Linda "linda" (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
It doesn't get much better than this. Balm is long lasting, fragrance is mild and luxurious. I love the little tin. I read somewhere many of the stars use this, so I had to try it. I had never heard of it. But it is an ample tin, and a good product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money. Bad Smell, and Bad taste, and feels greasy., March 29, 2014
Colors of Mexico (Albuquerque, NM, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
I really don't like this. It feels icky and smells bad. Waste of money. Get Wholly Hemp lip balm for only $3...it is terrific!

5.0 out of 5 stars Candy, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
This is a thick formula. I am not ashamed to admit that I decided to purchase it due to its name "Brambleberry Rose". It smells yummy and has a nice maroony-rosish color (I hope that made sense). It provided my lips with much needed moisture and because it is a thick formula, it stayed on. This came in handy when I went to New York during November and the wind and cold practically sucked the moisture out of my lips and face. I needed something to hold up to that and this came through. I spent my time outside and at the end of the trip I had no cracked dry lips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
Just a dab makes my lips feel very soft and smells great with just a hint of color. Worth every penny...this can will probably last me for years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful lip balm, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
There is an advertisement for some Colorado-based service on the TV that makes a point of distinguishing Colorado as 'the place where lip balm is an object of worship.' And it is true. Sun, wind, very low humidity, and in the winter, a good deal of cold weather = you need good lip balm.

I have tried many lip balms, but few are as delightful as this. It smells like wine, berries and roses. It is moisturizing and gentle, unlike the Carmex that I find very harsh and irritating. It goes on soft and silky, not like a waxy Chapstick. It imparts a bit of soft pink color and shine to the lips as well.

I do wish they made this in a squeeze tube for more sanitary application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lip Balm!, August 8, 2010
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
This is my favorite lip balm! It makes my lips really soft, even when they are very chapped. I wear it to bed each night and I also use it over a lip stain for a non-sticky shine. Great bargain as it lasts for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars works great and smells nice!, July 19, 2010
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
I grew up using the regular Rosebud lip balm, so when I saw this version of it, I decided to give it a try. It smells a little different than the original, but not bad. I love this stuff, but beware toting it around with you in your purse/makeup bag, or in the car, as if it warms up it becomes VERY "liquidy" in a relatively short amount of time ~ which gives it oportunity to more than likely end up all over the inside of your purse or makeup bag. Other than that, it's a lot of product for the money, and it works quickly at bringing very dry, chapped lips back to soft, supple beauty.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy again, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce (Misc.)
Moisturizing and comes in a cute tin, but has an extremely oily texture and horrendous HEAVY floral smell. I wouldn't buy it again.

Rosebud Lip Balm, Brambleberry Rose, .8 Ounce