Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Rose's Heavenly Cakes” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 51% off the $39.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Rose's Heavenly Cakes Hardcover – September 22, 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
At last an all-new, full-color cake lover's companion from Rose Levy Beranbaum, The Diva of Desserts!
Rose Levy Beranbaum is a much beloved and widely respected baking legend-"a worshiped woman . . . revered by serious cooks and part-timers" alike, in the words of USA Today. Eagerly-awaited by her legions of devoted fans, Rose's Heavenly Cakes is a must-have guide to perfect cake-baking from this award-winning master baker and author of The Cake Bible, one of the bestselling cookbooks of all time.
This comprehensive guide will help home bakers to create delicious, decadent, and spectacularly beautiful cakes of all kinds with confidence and ease. With her precise, foolproof recipes, Rose shows you how to create everything from Heavenly Coconut Seduction Cake, Golden Lemon Almond Cake, and Devil's Food Cake with Midnight Ganache to Orange-Glow Chiffon Layer Cake, Mud Turtle Cupcakes, and Deep Chocolate Passion Wedding Cake.
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
- Features Rose's trademark easy-to-follow, expertly tested (and retested) recipes for perfectly delicious results every time
- Offers over 100 simply wonderful recipes for cakes for every occasion-from exceptionally delicious butter and oil cakes, sponge cakes, and mostly flourless cakes and cheesecakes, to charming baby cakes and elegant wedding cakes
- Features special tips and tricks from a beloved baking expert for creating amazing special effects and beautiful cake decor
- Contains 100 tempting full-color photos
Visit Rose Levy Beranbaum at realbakingwithrose.com and learn basic baking techniques with her, including measuring, preparing, and mixing ingredients to make cakes and creating decorations to dress them up.
Everything you need to create heavenly cakes-every time-can be found in this new collection of tried-and true recipes by one of the most celebrated bakers of our time.
Recipe Excerpts from Rose's Heavenly Cakes
Baby Lemon Cheesecakes
Whipped Cream Cake
Rose Red Velvet Cake
From Publishers Weekly
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The first time I met Rose was at a tiny little bookstore in Chicago many, many years ago. She was there for the signing of "Cake Bible" and she was the very first professional baker/chef that I had met on the beginning journey of my road to serious baking/cooking. She was most kind and gracious and I remember thinking of what a wonderful life would lie ahead for this sweet lady. Needless to say, her "Cake Bible" became a standard for many people but this latest offering from her talented mind is exquiste and is by far, one of the very best learning and reference books ever! Also, within the last couple of years, I have enjoyed her website/blog which makes her even more accessible for general or specific questions on baking. The journey she took us on while making this wonderful new book was a joy to follow.
It is a large, heavy, detailed book of cakes, cupcakes, bars, baby-size cakes with excellent photography, all printed on heavy, high-end paper to for which you would expect of books of this quality. Immediately at the introduction of each recipe, you have the serving size and baking time, followed by a brief synopsis of what she feels is the essence of that particular recipe. Then the "Batter" ingredients are laid out in a graphic form in which you are given the ingredients, with the Volume listed next to it, then the Weights of each ingredient, in both American and Metric form.Read more ›
I cannot believe how good this book is. I wish there were more than 5 stars.
Once again Rose has produced an authoritative yet fun book that is beautiful in every sense and that is just as suited to the novice as to the expert.
Last night I made two batches of two different cupcakes and they are the finest I have ever tasted. I am planning on making every recipe.
Almost every cake is photographed, which I know many people find important in choosing a cook book.
Check out Rose's videos on youtube, which show her preparing these and earlier recipes. The fact that she posts her work for others to learn from for free is all you need to know about Rose. She is passionate about baking and sharing her knowledge and love of cakes, not about becoming a rich "celebrity" cook.
If Rose is reading this, I'd like her to know how inspirational she has been to me, both in my baking, which has improved dramatically since I nervously picked up her cake bible, and in a general sense of striving for excellence in what I do. And that her Mahogany Buttercrunch Toffee has earned me several marriage proposals.
To compare this book to the author's authoritative tome, The Cake Bible, I would say it is more approachable, more user-friendly, and much more beautiful. All the components for each cake are listed under one entry, so there is no need to flip around to different sections for a frosting or filling. Instructions are broken down step-by-step, making it easy to find your place midway through a recipe. And in addition to her elegant creations, casual recipes are also included this time around, from cupcakes to whoopie pies. Most of this book is new and does not overlap with The Cake Bible, although there are a few new incarnations of some of her more famous cakes, like the Orange Chiffon, which has been transformed into a layer cake, and the Baby Chocolate Oblivions, which are a cupcake-sized version of her three-ingredient flourless chocolate cake.
So far, I have made two recipes from Heavenly Cakes, the Whoopie Pies and the Swedish Pear and Almond Cream Cake. Both turned out incredibly well- I can't wait to try more from this book.
* HC has color throughout, color pictures for most of the cakes, and good quality paper.
* HC keeps the ingredient measurements in three columns (volume, ounces, and grams), but the formatting makes it easier to read than CB.
* Most HC recipes are for 9" x 2" round cake pans instead of 9" x 1 1/2" pans (Huzzah! No more sticky notes all over the book with conversions for 2/3 or 1 1/3 of the batter!). Other recipes are for equally easy to find pans (such as 10-cup tube pans).
* She has omitted the pictures of the pans that go with the recipe (which for some reason I liked), and the picture of cake equipment (CB 446-447).
* The organization is different. Cakes and adornments are listed together. It's nice because you don't have to have three different bookmarks when making a simple cake as in the CB. The organization can make it a little bit harder to find recipes, especially for adornments, though. The index is good, but instead of going to the frostings or fillings section of the CB, you would need to look up Buttercream, Cream cheese-frosting, Curd, Fillings, Frostings, Ganache, Glaze, Whipped Cream, etc... It's not hard, but not as easy to flip through and compare recipes.
* From reading the intros, many of the cakes have been updated, and there are new ones such as gingerbread, German chocolate, and molten chocolate cakes.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great book for any one who likes cakes. Very well explained and easy to followPublished 2 months ago by Laura Rojas Núñez
I love this book. I made wedding cake for 300 using two of the recipes and it was a huge hit. Delicious! The instructions are excellent for a perfect cake.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
wished there were more beautiful and exotic confectionaries like thesePublished 6 months ago by joel russia