5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use program
Published on March 11, 2012 by Andrew & Blake's mommy

I purchased this in 2007 and have had to install it on multiple laptops since then. It has been a good product for teaching Spanish but you need to know: support is lacking. I have had technical problems with each re-install. You will spend hours on the phone or chat if you need tech support.
Published 11 months ago by HappySunnyTrails

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use program, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Rosetta Stone Homeschool Spanish (Latin America) Level 1-5 Set including Audio Companion (CD-ROM)
We purchased this for our five year old. He has been getting private Spanish tutoring since he was 2 and it was time for a more intense program. He was never made to speak with his tutors since they all spoke English. The Rosetta Stone program requires you to speak and actually pronounce the words correctly. He enjoys the program so far but his attention span for it is about 20-30 minutes. It is note super entertaining for someone his age but he is getting the material he needs. So far (disc 1)the program goes through grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, and spelling. This program costs us much less than his three years of private lessons and it covers writing, speaking, and reading. I would recommend this program for other parents as a tool to use at home. The only issue we have had so far is that it was not compatible with all of the settings with our antivirus program. We had to make some adjustments and then it worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied with this product., September 5, 2012
We are a homeschooling family. I really want my children to learn Spanish, so I ordered this. I am very happy with it. I took 4 years of high school and 1 year of college level Spanish but that was 25 years ago! So, I'm doing Rosetta Stone along with my boys as a review. The program goes at a nice pace. Sometimes the repetition can drive me nuts, but then I realize how quick my recall is with the vocabulary and how quickly my pronunciation is improving and I see the benefit of the circular review. My children are in elementary and middle school. They enjoy Spanish with Rosetta Stone. They work at their own pace but the more they do, the more they want to do. One of my children is on the autism spectrum and at first he was very frustrated when the computer wouldn't give him credit for his pronunciation, but now he realizes that he can learn the correct emphasis and pronunciation and is really flying along with it. He even wants me to order the German language program! One of my other sons has a fairly significant articulation issue and I was worried that he would not be able to utilize the speech recognition parts of the program. I was wrong. He works very hard to enunciate the words and is rewarded by high scores. Rosetta Stone won't be their last Spanish class, but it is a great beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, March 11, 2012
Randy (Deltaville, VA) - See all my reviews
I saw all the commercials for Rosetta Stone on TV but I hesitated because I took four years of French in school and still couldn't converse with a Parisian. But I gave it a try and they are right - it is fun, easy and I can already speak and understand Spanish after the first level. Can't wait to finish the whole course.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry homeschool moms -- time-consuming if and when you need tech support, September 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars intuitive, October 1, 2012
The set up is easy. It took about 45 minutes of dedicated time to set up the program, the language level, and the microphone/headset. You can input multiple users and change the curriculum for them -- for very young people, you can skip the writing or reading portions and strictly go with listening and speaking. The level can be different for each user in your family/homeschool.

It's pretty exciting -- the audio prompts are easy to use (even for reluctant participants), the material is good, and the price was right -- shipping was free with amazon prime and we waited for a discount through amazon.

I like that a report card shows up for each child -- how well they are doing, how many questions missed, how far through the lessons.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slick marketing - poor product, February 1, 2013
Designed for the most novice beginner to build the most basic vocabulary. You spend your time matching pictures to sentences. Example: Which picture is a dog. Which picture is a white dog. Which picture is a running dog. Which picture is a sleeping dog. Which picture is a cat. Which picture is a cat and a dog. Which picture shows a cat chasing a dog. After spending a couple of hours like that, I skipped to the very last lesson on the hardest lesson. The teaching style did not change, they just added newer words and pictures.

They advertise that you get live online chats with native speakers? Two 30 minute group sessions a month. If you want more than that, they charge you $40 a half hour.

The voice recognition is terrible. When I tried to properly pronounce dog, I tried all of the following: perro, perraye, perruh, perreye, perree. The program accepted all of them as good.

So, I don't think matching pictures to sentences is really immersion, I think the voice recognition is terrible, and the online support is a sham. I finally settled on TellMeMore Spanish. It is everything that I thought RS was and more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Trouble with Installation and Customer Service, August 27, 2012
I purchased this in hopes of using it to homeschool my children. I have had nothing but trouble with the installation process and can not seem to get anyone from Rosetta Stone either through e-mail or phone. The program was downloaded and working one night and just like that, that next day it would not load the application. For such an expensive product I am very frustrated and unhappy. I hope that others who are considering purchasing this product do not experience the same problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars DONT GET THE HOMESCHOOL VERSION!, September 27, 2013
HI

We recently bought two versions of Rosetta stone both on sale for a little under $300 for our daughters. For one, we got the regular version, the other version was the homeschool version. The regular version on sale is version 5, a much updated version with extra features and a WORKING mike. For the homeschool version they give you the outdated ancient version 3! I would not mind too much except the mike does not work with a Mac. OOPS! Get the real version!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, December 5, 2013
This product has hardly worked since we got. We have been in contact with Rosetta since the beginning with little to show for it. Finally they upgraded us to version 4 which is not available in a homeschool edition in hopes that will solve our problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars actually works, April 21, 2013
I am a self teaching 36 yr old person. I needed to learn Spanish for work (receptionist) and this have been easy to use and retain. My only complaint is that once I had to rename the file that keeps track of your progress (think start totally over) but luckily I was not that far along, and it was good review.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rosetta Stone Homeschool Spanish (Latin America) Level 1-5 Set including Audio Companion by Rosetta Stone (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard / Intel, Windows Vista / XP)
$479.00 $239.00
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies