4.0 out of 5 stars very effective and anyone can do it
I have to and want to learn Spanish for my work. The faster I can learn the better. So far, I'm about half way through the program (30 minutes a day) and it is working out nicely.

The program is very helpful and gets you familiar with reading, speaking, hearing and writing the language. It is impressive how easy the retention has been.
Published 24 months ago by Chuck

Published 8 months ago by JONATHAN

4.0 out of 5 stars very effective and anyone can do it, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Level 1 [Download] (Software Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, July 10, 2012
I was hesitant to spend so much on a product that had no reviews, but after only three days of using Rosetta Stone, I highly recommend it. I find myself retaining information in a way I've never been taught before. I can't properly explain the teaching technique but the important thing is, Rosetta Stone is not boring. I find that I have to force myself to stop and take breaks. I've become a little obsessed with learning a second language. The only problem I had with the software was that it took 20 minutes to download.

3.0 out of 5 stars Refused to Speak English in Live Tutoring Session: Just Makes it Harder, More Embarassing, November 14, 2013
JONATHAN (Somerville, Morocco) - See all my reviews
Solid, but during the live session the instructor drilled me on words that I did not know, and I guess it's some earth shattering big deal that they refuse to speak English. I don't really get that. Why spend 60 seconds wrestling over comprehension when the tutor could just say in English, "Give me the word for green, not grass." or explain a bit of grammar clearly. It just seems unreasonably purist to me to refuse to help in this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent training program, March 5, 2014
J. Nowlen (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This really makes learning a language more enjoyable and more effective. I was impressed at how easy downloading to install was over a box of DVDs.

1.0 out of 5 stars ROSETTA STONE ON-LINE, August 18, 2013
IT DOES NOT WORK. IT GETS HUNG UP AND DOES NOT ADVANCE AT ANY LEVEL I TRIED. WHEN I CALLED UP THE SUPPORT STAFF, THEY BECAME IMPATIENT, SEEMED A BIT CONDESCENDING, PASSED ME ONTO VARIOUS 'SUPERVISORS,' THEN, AFTER BEING PUT ON HOLD I EVENTUALLY HEARD A DIAL TONE. END OF A LONG NON-CONVERSATION. I HAVE ASKED TO BE CREDITED BACK MY MONEY BUT WAS TOLD THAT IT IS UP TO ROSETTA STONE.

I SUGGEST THAT YOU BUY IT THROUGH A STORE AND DOWNLOAD IT YOURSELF. MY ITALIAN PACKAGE WORKS JUST FINE. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. $150.00 IS A LOT TO THROW AWAY TO A PROFITABLE COMPANY. I WOULD STILL LIKE AN OPPORTUNITY TO CREDIT MY MONEY TO OTHER GOOD PRODUCTS THEY SELL.......LIKE MY KINDLE, PERHAPS??

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service and access codes entry, November 4, 2012
I purchased two Rosetta Stone language programs and spent quite a bit of money on them. They were purchased via a kiosk and I cannot find the receipt from the CC but have a receipt from the person who sold it to me with their codes. Rosetta stone will not give me access codes unless I have the CC receipts yet I faxed them the UPC codes form each box, the vendor receipt with their codes and location, and the CD info.
They refuse to give me the access codes so they will work on my new computer. I no longer have the old computer that I used them on and so now I am stuck with $400 dollars worth of software I cannot use cause the company will not help me obtain the access codes to get them to work on my new computer. I am really pissed and have spend hours communicating and faxing this company to get the verification I can provide. I have the original boxes, manuals and CD cases and CDs. But this has not been good enough.

Rate and Discover Movies