Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Platform: PC/Mac DiscChange

on May 9, 2014
Ok I put this at one star to get you to look at it. You should really take into consideration my argument because it may affect you in the future. The program actually works pretty well except for a few mistakes I have seen in their picture labeling.

The problem with this box set is that Rosetta Stone has changed over to a leasing company who makes you pay for subscriptions for their new services. The Apps for mobile devices make you pay a high rate to access them. I bought my Rosetta Stone from a book store and paid a high premium. At the time I did not have a mobile device or even think I ever would. Now I have two and practice with free mobile device apps more than I do with this desktop software.

You have to allocate special time to sit down at your desk and practice, which I do. But I find myself using the apps in bed or on the couch or in a public place while I am waiting for something. Having the software easy to access makes you use it a lot more.

I have used many of their competitions programs and many of the free app programs and to be honest they are set up the same way. All the beginner levels have the same words. They all use picture identification. Rosetta Stone really does not have a unique corner on the market anymore except for the yellow box and a name.

Dear Rosetta Stone,
Let all of your customers who spent hundreds of dollars on your product use the apps! I know you see us commenting on the app store and you get out emails!!!
0Comment78 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2011
I have been learning with the Rosetta Stone Level 1 (I purchased the 5 level set) for three weeks. I am already able to speak words and some sentences. I have been spending approximately one-half hour to one hour each day going through the lessons. I am very impressed with this product. The picture support and presentation style of the lessons are excellent. The games are engaging and allow for productive repeated practice. The most excellent feature is the opportunity to practice on-line with a native speaker, which forces you to use your newly acquired skills. I felt the attention received in the on-line portion of the lessons was more than a student would get in a typical high school or college level course, making the practice more effective for the time spent. I put off buying this product because of the expense, but now I feel it is worth every penny and more. I feel the level of support and amount of practice received learning a language in this program makes it more effective and a better value than taking a typical language course.
0Comment77 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2011
The lessons are clearly presented, easy to follow, and fun. I'm amazed at the speed I'm learning (doing one lesson per day). Definitely recommended.
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
When I just got this product, I was excited and over the moon.I understood that the online portion would be only 3 months. What I did not appreciate is that when the online portion goes, you are not left with the fun games or studio time or explore which is a native speaker reading different stories. That was really disappointing for me. If I know what I know now, I would have purchased the online version. I purchased the CDs because I thought I would always have them instead of just one year online access but I realised you can't use all the unit on an alternative computer some units seem to be locked. It's better to just have a year where you have acccess to everything than just to have the lessons. The interface is great. The customer support is awesome.
22 comments55 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
I'm only on level one but I love it. I took Spanish in high school, so level one is a great refresher. I particularly like the stories you can listen to in order to practice listening comprehension. Then you can read and listen. Great program!
0Comment30 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2011
I got this for my daughter who was having trouble keeping up in her college Spanish class and she also felt that it would help her in her career choice of counseling, to know Spanish well. She has been well satisfied and her grades went from failing to B's and A's. Thank you Rosetta Stone and Amazon.com!
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
Getting into the lessons, going from one to another, completing them; it was like a game. I really have begun to think in Spanish. I would recommend this program highly to anyone wanting to learn a new language.
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
Gradual skill building does not involve dissecting sentences, memorizing lists or conjugating verbs. It is visual and auditory. While a little pricey, if you really want to learn a language, it is worth it.
on April 20, 2014
The program is generally well made but the lack of consistent voice recognition makes it very difficult to do the course unless you have endless patience. The same pronunciation is inconsistently graded. How does one mess up Hola inconsistently? Customer service was no help. They blamed me. My wife is from Germany and the German version said she was not pronouncing words properly. Again inconsistently.
on January 20, 2014
The more I use this program the more I love it. I must admit I have been studying Spanish for a few years ago this program is truly helping me become fluent. I highly recommend this program if you have a small background in Spanish or if you are utilizing other methods of study along side of this program. This program on it's own is not enough to help you become fluent, but in conjunction with books and school classes will take your language to the next level.