Hey Rosetta Stone, can you convince me to buy? I'm starting this thread in hopes that Rosetta Stone responds to this question.

I really want to purchase Spanish Levels 1-5, but I'm really concerned about the bad feedback your customer support has received, not only on Amazon, but everywhere I've looked.

It seems that your customer services falls well below the norm with regard to satisfying the customer. I'm real concerned about not being able to get my software up and running if I get a new computer (which I do at least every other year).

So this is your chance, RS, tell us why we should buy your product, specifically with the questionable service.

Your response will determine whether or not I purchase (and I'm sure many others as well).
asked by George W. on November 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
Well, their lack of a response to you is pretty obvious as to whether or not purchase. My wife wants this program and I too have my doubts/fears about it, especially since we are talking over $400 here.
T. Patocka answered on December 25, 2011

A
votes
If you want Rosetta Stone to contact you, wouldn't it make more sense for you to write to them directly? Or at least go to their website, rather than Amazon's?
mikeweasel answered on December 17, 2012

A
vote
I hated it, go for Fluenz instead. Much better program.
Amazon Customer answered on March 8, 2012

A
vote
My son who's fluent in Spanish had suggested that I look into this program. But after reading the poor reviews about their service I'm now concern about the program. They are not responding to request to defend their position. I'm waiting to decide if I should buy this program.
F. J. A. Sue answered on April 15, 2012

A
vote
Same boat. Sounds like an expensive pain in the ass with the hotline and heavy handed licensing. At this price, you'd think they'd take better care of consumers. Maybe consider putting a personal key in the code, or use a more flexible system like steam. Sounds like you get better support on the amazon forums than their support line.
SunSweet answered on February 9, 2012

A
votes
All you have to do is check out their Facebook page where you'll see people literally begging for support. They've also made changes to Rosetta Studio sessions without notice to their customers. I've been studying languages for years and there is no way that a person can learn to speak spontaneously within the constraints of 2 - 25 minute group sessions per month with a native speaker.

I purchased a 12 mo. subscription to their TotalE online product thru RS. There is no way I was going to mess around with installing CDs! The ample materials are quite good for learning vocabulary and I haven't encountered any issues with the speech recognition.

If you do decide to buy, I would recommend that you purchase a 12 month online subscription where you'll have online access to all the lessons, RS World, RS Talk, RS Explore, etc. You'll also be able to use all of the tablet apps. Most people don't realize that RS World and the tablet apps are only available to customers who maintain an online subscription. If you buy the CDs you'll only receive 3 months of online access. After that, you'll need to pay an additional charge to access their online environment. I don't know what that costs as it's almost impossible to get a direct answer to that question. That information is nowhere to be found on their marketing web sites. You do need to consider what happens after your 12 months is up. Be careful with authorizing RS to automatically renew you subscription.
Cheryl Holden answered on January 13, 2013

A
votes
I'm shocked at all the poor reviews. $400.00 buck is no joke! I'll look elsewhere.
AtlantaJJ answered on June 12, 2012

A
votes
Thank you for helping to make my decision not to buy. I am disappointed.
Schwabbj answered on June 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›