on May 6, 2013
I have a 17.3" laptop and a 15" laptop. They both fit in this backpack in separate compartments. There is even room for a change of clothing, my ipad, and all the charging accessories! I was even able to stuff a roll of paper towels and there's still room to spare.

I would highly recommend this backpack for those who have to carry multiple items versus lugging around two bags or even three.

The quality is durable. The zippers are standard.

You cannot go wrong with this backpack! My wife told me I look like a teenage mutant ninja turtle, however... And I am 5'11".

UPDATE 7 OCT 13:

Well, the bag has gone on many flights and has worked lovely. I still use this everyday to lug around 2 laptops to and from work. However, due to the amount of gear I have been carrying in this bag, one of the gray straps attached to the main black shoulder strap has frayed and pulled apart. This has not impacted the ability to still use the should strap but leaves me with a couple descisions...

1. Cut the gray strap off the black strap so I can't tell it was ever damaged.

or

2. Sew the thing back on.

Keeping this as a 5 star product.

UPDATE 2 DEC 13:

Still in love with this backpack. I used it this past weekend for hunting. It fit all my gear and then some... wow. Rosewill, if you are reading this, you should put a buckle that helps balance any large, heavy load across the waist.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 25, 2013
I was primarily concerned with price, capacity and quality. I'm a grad student who rides a motorcycle to school, and bring with me a laptop and at least one textbook and notebook per day - I wanted to replace my bulky side bag.

I'm very happy at having gotten this product. Five stars 10 times over seems dubious, but for the price compared to all the other backpacks you'll find on Amazon, this one blows them out of the water.

It has a hard back pad to protect the laptop, as well as a separate pouch within the greater compartment (with a separate bottom for the laptop pouch slightly held above the large compartment bottom). All the usual pockets with zippers that are super easy to slide. The top-side handle is reinforced with steel cable. The straps are very well padded. Other features include a sunglasses loop on one strap, and a protective removable mobile phone holder on the other, and a pocket for an mp3 player with headphone access.

I would be skeptical to find this type of quality in a $50-60 backpack generally. The last $20 backpack I bought is thrashed; I had reinforced all the straps with heavy-duty thread after minimal use when they started failing (I anticipated that) - I do not foresee having to modify this bag.

Very happily satisfied with this purchase. I purchase a lot of stuff from Amazon, and so far this is the only product I've felt compelled to write a review for - it's great.
on November 8, 2012
This backpack is amazing. Carries my 15.6 Acer with room to spare and has protected it from all manner of doggy mischief, my knocking it over, tossing it in the back of the car, dumping it on the floor of my office, etc., etc. The laptop sleeve fits my widescreen perfectly and the velcro strap cinches it in there pretty tight. I can stuff all my cables, mouse, notebooks, pens, water bottles, change of clothes, copious amounts of girly-crap (blow dryer, make-up, heels to name a few) and there still seems to be more room. The zippers are still smooth, none of the straps or handles have loosened or broken, although there are a couple of straps that totally puzzle me. My only wish is that it came in some other color (being girly and all.) Seriously though, I put my backpacks through a lot and so far this one has stood up very well. Obviously the primary job is to protect the laptop, which it does admirably. I looked a long time for a good backpack since I don't like briefcases and this one keeps me organized, looks soberly presentable, and cost about half what several others did AND has more features.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
While looking for a laptop backpack to fit my daughter's 15.6" HP, I stumbled across this one. The stellar reviews caught my eye, but even as I ordered TWO because the price was so good, I was skeptical.

Much to my delight, the reviews were right on target for what I was looking for in a laptop backpack.

1. It fits the 15.6" laptop perfectly.
2. It has a semi-hard back (the area that is against your back if you have it strapped on), which protects the laptop and helps the backpack to maintain its shape.
3. Tons of pockets to stash gear, with enough room in the main compartment to carry both a laptop and a couple books.
4. A padded area for the laptop. Not too hard and not too soft, even Goldie Locks would like it!
5. Build quality is as good as those costing 2-3x's as much by other manufacturers.
6. The price I paid for two, was less than what I'd paid for one a year ago, and I have no doubt this one will last much longer with the same kind of daily use.
7. Love that it has a handle on the top, as well as traditional backpack straps.
8. Roomy 'media' pocket with headphone feed through on the top is great.

I'll be proud to give one as a gift to a student going off to college, and I'm even considering buying a third to keep myself.

Definitely a great buy. Highly recommend it!

9/9/13 UPDATE:
Gave two of these away as graduation gifts for college-bound students. They both report that they LOVE this backpack! Lots of room, solid construction, lots of pockets. Great buy.
on April 14, 2012
I use this backpack everywhere I go (Subway commuting 1.5 hours to work each way everyday) and I am surprised how resilient it is. I sell and repair laptops and computers weekly so this is my main holder for all of my PC equipment. The pockets are plentiful and the zipper is very sturdy not to break cheaply. I do not use the headphone hole nor do I use the straps on the side so those dangle uselessly. I will say I did hang the top handle on my locker at work and it did bend, but I was able to bend it back into place leaving slight strain marks on the black plastic, but after 3 months it is still holding fine. I am able to stand outside in torrential downpours be easily assured the contents inside would remain dry.

I would recommend this 100% to anyone.
on October 21, 2014
I had a SwissGear backpack for my 15.6" Acer Aspire R7, but it was such a tight fit that the finish on the corners of my computer started to rub off. I thought maybe purchasing a backpack made for a 17" laptop would be a better fit, so I bought the Rosewill 17" Notebook Backpack and it is HUGE! It's awesome, but HUGE.

Considering how big the 17" backpack is, I decided to buy the 15.6” backpack thinking it might be a better fit. The quality is great with plenty of pockets and storage space, but I ran into the same problem where the corners of my computer rub against the zipper and/or fabric of the backpack. When the backpack is zipped up, I can see where the corners of my laptop are pushing against the fabric. The rest of the computer is well padded, but it wouldn't take much of a knock against something at the top of the backpack to damage the computer.

I'm sending it back and sticking with the 17" backpack for my 15.6" laptop.
review image review image review image
on June 2, 2014
As expected, this Backpack is HUGE. But even though I had read a lot of reviews before buying it, I was still wondering "How big is it? Too big even for me?".
Well, I am 1,82m tall and people can't see the backpack through me if my arms are not up, so that's perfect for me. My Alienware 17 (17.2'') disappears inside this backpack. It would perfectly fit any Notebook I've ever seen. (Maybe even a flat 22'' TV).

The only con is that I don't like using it when I'm not carrying many things. Sometimes when I go to college, I only carry one big book (Atkins Physical Chemistry) and it's so small compared to the backpack that it wont stay standing, which might damage the book. If I carry some clothes or my Notebook as well, it will be ok.

I have used it lots of time when going to buy food at markets. I could carry 20kg of rice, 1kg of Ketchup, 1kg of Mayo, 8 cans of condensed milk, 2kg of chicken and 1kg of French Fries on it and there was still space left. I stored everything carefully in it and the weight did not bother me. This also shows how solid this backpack is.

PS: English is not my native language, there may be some grammar mistakes on my review. Sorry about that.
on June 26, 2013
I had tried a few backpacks in Walmart for 17-inch laptops and they didn't seem to fit the 17.3-inch ones that I tried in the store, so I decided to look for a backpack specific for a 17.3. I saw the reviews saying this one was big, but bigger was what I was expecting. So I didn't worry, but I was very surprised to see how huge it actually is: my 17.3-inch laptop disappears into the designated compartment! I am sure it will accommodate much bigger laptops.

To give you an idea, yesterday I went grocery shopping (without the laptop) and I was able to fit in it: a big jug of milk, a bottle of orange juice, a six pack, rice, beans, cookies, bird food, a can of mixed nuts and a cantaloupe; and that using just the main compartment! It was harder to lift it from the cart and bike back home with all that weight than it was to make all that stuff fit in the bag.

I love the carrying capacity of this backpack, but I am not sure if that is the best option for a daily commute. I feel like it should be ideal for short trips or camping (if I can find any camping sites with wi-fi), but I don't do any of that very much, so I am not sure I'll keep it at this point.
on July 31, 2013
This thing is big, holds easily my 17" MacBookPro in the laptop compartment with plenty of room to spare (one could easily fit two 17" MacBookPros in that compartment alone). Plus there is tons of space in the other compartments. Feels very sturdy and well-constructed as well, which adds a bit to the weight, but that's not a problem for me. Only had it for a month or so, but so far it gets 5 stars from me, especially considering the price is in the $30s range, which makes it an excellent buy in my opinion. Btw, the mesh on each side easily holds a 500ml water bottle each (will add pic).
review image
on February 26, 2013
It works for my HP 17.3 inch laptop and has all kinds of storage and straps for mp3 player, phone and water bottles. We will see how it holds up on the trip.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...