Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Capacity: 45 PieceStyle: Non-MagneticChange

on May 18, 2013
A lot of these kits are over burdened with tools that you will honestly never need. I've found this to be perfect not just for fixing PCs but also for fixing up electronics in general. The Soldering Iron is cheap and without a case.

The first time I used it it looked like it was going to burst into flames before it finally settled down, and somewhat annoyed no stand came with it. The rest of the products work great.

Since it was impossible for me to find an exact list of the products here you go:
Screw driver handle with various bits
soldering iron
needle nose pliers
wire cutter
small screw driver and bits (in the blue case)
Wide tongs
narrow nosed tongs
Allen Key set
Long narrow screw driver
razor knife
Cable Cutter/crimper
various hex socket wrench bits
grabber tool
dusting brush
and last but not least the most worthless flashlight you will ever see. Seriously, take the batteries out and put them in a good flashlight you buy yourself, then take this POS and use it to play fetch with your dog..

I think I missed a few, but they are just fluff pieces I haven't had to use.

The quality of the tools are strong and durable, and the only way they could be better is if 1 of the screw drivers was magnetized to help retrieve the screws, but not the end of the world.
55 comments87 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
This is the best kit out there for computer repair, considering what you get for the price. The ratcheting screwdriver works very well, better than most others I've used. Has all the appropriate size bits and sockets, and even the smaller ones for laptop screws (Phillips #0) on the mini reversible screwdriver. Unfortunately, I found it at a lower price on a different site. As a computer technician I find this kit to be very useful. Amazon needs to stock this kit, could be a best seller!
11 comment53 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2011
I recently built my own computer and decided to purchase this tool kit. Looking back, I don't think it was really necessary if that's all you're looking at doing with it. As a DIYer and owner of a large and growing tool collection, I already had most of the tools in this package. I really only wanted the anti-static wrist-strap, but only about $20 more you get a whole tool set - I opted for the tool set. I like tools.

I only used the Phillips attachment with the ratcheting screwdriver, anti-static strap and small screwdriver for the computer assembly, but find myself reaching for the tool set when I need to perform small repair jobs around the house. The cross-applicability of the set is what really makes it useful. I keep mine in the house and no longer have to go out to the garage for tools when I'm hanging a picture, adjusting blinds, fixing towel and toilet paper holders my kids pull off the wall and numerous other small household jobs. It's handy and helps keep my garage tools nice and organized for bigger jobs.

I was toying with the idea of getting a toolbox and filling it with tools for household projects but now I don't have to. This has everything you need for small around the house jobs. It may not be necessary to build a computer if you already have tools, but it sure is handy for other things. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. The tools aren't the highest quality, but for less than $25 bucks it'll handle just about anything you'll need it for. This would be great if you live in an apartment and don't have any tools or as a "gift" (this better not be all you get her) for your wife to have when you're not around and she needs a screwdriver or allen wrench.
0Comment39 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2011
Unlike what the package claims, it does not contain "everything" you need to repair all your electronic devices. It does sport a pretty nice setup of basic equipment, however. Judging by the tools included in this set, I'd say this kit is geared more towards larger systems like desktop computers. This kit won't do much good for laptop maintenance, because it does not include a wide enough selection of precision bit drivers required to do basic upgrades such as hard drive replacement. That being said, if you are only planning to work on larger equipment, this kit could prove to be quite adequate for those purposes. I do like the fold-out kit layout which keeps everything well organized and provides decent protection for the tools enclosed. The quality of the tools themselves is not bad at all. I would not call them professional grade, but they are not cheaply constructed either.

Bottom line: For Desktop PC and larger equipment, this kit is worth the price. For laptops and smaller devices, you'll need a more specific kit.
77 comments60 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
This kit seems to have most of what I need to work on PCs and laptops. Great price for a comprehensive kit.
on March 27, 2011
It is an good product, has everything you need to work with PCs! the junction box will break over time, so I will place hinges. I think it has much space for a Desoldering Pump, but for the price I can not ask for more! So give it 4 stars!
review image review image review image review image
on November 1, 2013
This arrived today and I haven't had a chance to try them out, but they seem sturdy enough. One problem I had when looking at the description, pictures and other reviews is that I didn't know exactly what all was included and what else I would have to buy. Here's the scoop on the 45 Piece set:
I think some of those 45 pieces include screws, jumpers and washers. Not individual count, but one type equals one item.
There is no T-5 bit. Torx bits are 8, 10, 15, 20, 25.
Sockets go from 3/16 to 3/8.
Square bits include S0, S1, S2, S3.
All others+ are the standard bits you already have.
The anti-static wrist strap is big enough to fit my large wrists and isn't too tight. Also, the alligator clip is removable from the end of the wrist strap to reveal a ground plug prong.
The ratcheting screwdriver seems to be very good quality. I figured it would be like the ones you get in a cheap dollar store set with the little switch you have to flip. It's long enough to reach about anything inside of a case but not so long as to make it hard to get in at an angle if needed.
It includes a screw picker upper for lack of a better term. Looks like a syringe and when you push it down a little claw comes out the other end to pick up whatever. I don't know what it's really called but hopefully you will understand what I mean.
It DOES NOT include a plastic scribe, which I was hoping for.
I don't know what the large black tweezer looking thing is shown in the top right of the photo on Amazon. If anybody has any insight on that a reply with it's purpose would be helpful. Thanks.
Everything else is basically what I expected. I'm giving it 4 stars simply because there was not a detailed list of it's contents available before purchase, which would have been helpful. Though, the list wouldn't have swayed my decision, it would have been nice to know to go ahead and order a couple other little items at the same time.
It's a nice set and I recommend it.
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2015
There are no additional note
review image
on October 24, 2011
comes with everything you need to build or repair pc's as a home user. not so sure I would call it a professional computer tool kit, but even professionals would find this toolkit useful.

this kit does come with a static wristband, so that is a big plus. and it also does come with a very nice ratcheting non magnetic screwdriver with about 40 bits which I was very happy to see in this kit. these two items alone made up for the money and the rest of the tools are basically just a bonus.

the soldering iron does look a tad cheap when sitting next to the rest of the decent quality tools, but I am sure it would work as a backup in a emergency.

the case is nice, wish it held the tools a bit tighter, there have been a few times I have found tools out of place. but it is also a soft leathery case, so it is kind of expected, I move it around a lot tho, if you were just going to leave it in a drawer and use it at home mainly, I am sure it wouldn't be an issue.

All in all, I am very happy with this kit, and would recommend it to anyone. I have already built two computers with it and repaired a third, so I almost have my money back out of it!
on May 4, 2012
I am a computer technician and this tool kit is wonderful for most jobs. This kit does not provide every tool for the every computer technician job, but does provide a wonderful selection for over 95% of the jobs that I go on. The only suggestion that I have is a slimmer screwdriver. The other tools are good quality tools. For $19.99 it is a wonderful price. I personally recommend this tool kit for computer technicians that are not involved in networking, because not all tools are provided that you will need.

Overall the tool kit is wonderful, I have not had it that long to give a complete review, but the tools seem to be great quality for the job.