Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Outdoors Gift Guide on bgg

on March 11, 2011
I bought this adapter for my Samsung TV (PN50C6500) as a much cheaper alternative to the Samsung WiFi dongle (at $30 it's less than half the price of Samsung's) and it works perfectly. I literally just took it out of the box, plugged it into the USB port on the TV, followed the prompts on the screen to connect it to my network (I used the WiFi Protected Setup - WPS) and it worked seamlessly. I didn't plug it into my PC first or install the PC software that comes with it or do any configuration beforehand.

There are two small things to think about that are relevant only for advanced users. The first is actually an issue with the TV and not the dongle but affects connectivity when using the two together. If your network password is long and contains special characters, it will not automatically connect to the network when you turn on the TV (you can manually enter the password each time and it connects just fine - but that's a bit annoying). The simple fix is to just have a shorter (6-7 character) password with only letters and numbers. When I did that, the TV connects to the network automatically every time. I say it's a problem with the TV only because when I use the adapter with my PC is has no problem connecting to the network with long and complicated passwords. The second very small comment I have is that the Rosewill PC interface is a bit complicated to use. On the positive side, it's very flexible and will allow you a large degree of customization but that might overwhelm the novice user. Of course, if you are just using it to connect your TV to your WiFi network it's irrelevant - you don't even need to install the software.

I've used the Rosewill adapter for two months now and it does a good job of streaming video and other content from my server to my TV as well as accessing the Samsung Apps. For anyone looking to connect their Samsung TV to a wireless network, this is an excellent choice and a great value.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2011
This product arrived 3 days earlier than expected. I'm using the RNX-N1 with my Samsung BD-C5500 BluRay Player. I plugged it in and went to network settings to adjust to wireless, and it works great!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2011
This Rosewell adapter is perfect with our Samsung 55" LED! Plugged it in and it connected right away. At half the price you can't go wrong. Been using it for about a month and no connection problems what so ever! It is a little hard to plug in on the side of the ultra slim TV. A better thumb grip would probably help, but at this price, I'm not complaining too much. My Samsung TV even recognizes it is the Samsung dongle in the connections screen! I am happy not to have to pay for overpriced electronics just because of the brand name! Could not be happier!
on February 22, 2011
Will not work or even be recognized by my 52" A650 series Samsung TV. Bummer considering I ordered it for that reason... but works well as a regular PC usb wifi adapter.
on January 1, 2011
I got this so I could finally get the Samsung Apps to work on my Samsung C650 TV. I tried using a Netgear Wireless Adapter, but there was a MAC address issue with the Sammy. I was hesitant to spend $60 or more for Samsung's own wireless adapter. Then I discovered that this Rosewill adapter works with Samsung products. The reviews were right. Hello Netflix.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
I purchased the Samsung UN55D6000SF LED TV November 2011 from Best Buy. I was not looking forward to purchasing the adapter that would permit me access to my Netflix account and possibly Hulu Plus. I began searching for Samsung's adapter to see if I could get it at a lower cost. It currently sells for $80 just about on every website including the Samsung site.

I came here and read where other reviewers were having success with the Rosewill RNX and decided to try it out. It worked for me with not problems. I removed it from the box and plugged it into the back of my Samsung and went through the setup menu.

It connected to my wireless network with no problem and most importantly, it connected with no issues to my Netflix account. The video streaming from Netflix looks great! I'm glad I decided to purchase. This was a good deal and purchase!

You will received a CD/DVD and instructions to setup on your PC. Ignore that stuff. You won't need it for your TV. Keep the info in case you want to use the adapter for a PC, but if you're connecting to your Samsung, all you need is the adapter and your remote to get started!
on January 17, 2012
I have a Samsung 46" smart TV (UN46D6003) and this dongle works well with my TV. The delivery was quick and the set up only takes a couple of minutes.
on January 14, 2013
I purchased the Rosewill Wireless Dongle for my Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-ray player. The dongle comes with a bendable, shape-holding USB cable, software, and the USB Dongle. I connected the bendable cable to the Blu-ray player and plugged in the dongle. The cable can hold the Dongle straight up or in any other direction for the best signal strength. The blu-ray player automatically detected the card and prompted me to select the correct wireless network. Once selected, I was online. The set up was fast and easy and well worth the price and cheaper than the Samsung dongles.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2012
Pros: Ease of use, available technologies, convenience, price, size
Cons: Signal degradation, limitations of supporting network.

Purchase decision was based upon feedback from other Amazon buyers and, of course, cost.
Dongle provides a wireless link to the internet for gaming, video (e.g., Netflix) and upgrading firmware. It supports the most popular wireless technologies (802.11 b/g/n) and encryption methods at about half the cost of comparable product from Samsung.
My wireless network consists of host computer hard-wired to router, two remote/satellite computers, wireless router (802.11g), wireless bridge and WEP encryption.
The software loads to a host computer at startup and uses relatively little computing power. SW can be shut down when not required. Dongle can be removed from TV with no effect and transferred to another if necessary - as long as it's a supported model.
Item arrived well packaged and included easy-to-follow instructions. All I needed to do was (following instructions) load the software on the host computer, plug in the dongle and let it synch. Once completed I transferred it to the television, poked in the encryption code for my network and selected from the available options.
Recommend ensuring this item supports your specific model of TV before purchase. Signal will degrade and impact service as distance from router and number of walls increase. In other words, don't expect great signal and quick movie downloads if you're on the other end of the mansion. My signal degraded a bit (-1 bar) from passing through two standard house walls (wood studs & sheetrock) over a distance of about 30 ft. from router. Firmware upgrade took about 5 minutes to download and install.
To date I have only used it to upgrade firmware. Will update my review after I watch a movie or two.
Overall a good purchase - thus far.
on March 11, 2012
Works well and it is a lot cheaper than some competing brands. I bought this for my Samsung 55" Smart LED TV. Samsung recommended using their product that costs $70 but through research I found that this brand works just as well. Same some money and get this product