4.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't jammed yet
11/02/2011 EDIT:

Worked for ~7 months, now on its way out.

I only use this once a month or so minus some continuous usage in the beginning.

Published on April 6, 2011 by BGL

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT CROSS CUT!
I should have returned it, but I opened it, threw out the box, etc. and didn't use it for a while. When I finally used it, I discovered it is STRAIGHT LINE CUT. This is FALSE ADVERTISING. It is NOT CROSS CUT! DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT CROSS CUT!
Published 16 months ago by Lovin Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't jammed yet, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Rosewill RSH-407CB 7-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, Credit Card and Staples Shredder (Office Product)
11/02/2011 EDIT:

Worked for ~7 months, now on its way out.

About a month ago a design flaw became apparent. The motor remains strong but the surrounding plastic case holding it all together has just about fell apart. The strength of the plastic casing started failing a while ago. Now it's just busting apart when trying to shred.

04/06/2011 Original Review:

I oiled this and put it to work right away. Not a jam yet. Seems like it'll come close sometimes. Certainly makes an array of noises along the way. Sometimes slows way down but still powers through. In one instance i put a "hefty" chunk in and it just kind of ate up the paper but didn't shred it. For the price i'm not sure you'll find much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT CROSS CUT!, June 12, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst purchase I've ever made, December 14, 2012
Are you kidding me? I work in a field where file security is taken very seriously, and I had purchased this for home use. ONE sheet, I repeat, ONE sheet, and it won't start back up. What a piece of junk. If this is how you 'quality test' your products, you fail at your job. Your product shouldn't self-destruct after shredding one piece of paper. I'd be better off with shredding scissors, and doing this manually. Good thing I just paid such a large sum of cash for a plastic bucket and a fail-motor. Avoid this product at all costs, the only thing it shreds is cash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fancy, but it does shred stuff, July 31, 2011
This shredder struggles if you actually put 7 sheets in it, but it does just fine with 3 or 4. I also shredded an old bank card in it, and it had no problem with that. It automatically shuts off if the bin gets too full or if the motor gets too hot. The bin isn't transparent, but it does have a small oval window near the top so you can see if you're approaching full before it gets to the point of automatically shutting off. Aside from the limit on how many sheets you can feed through at one time, it's been ideal for an inexpensive shredder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its alright for $20, April 23, 2011
Pros:
1. Cheap - $20(twenty bucks)

Cons:
1. It looks small
2. Bin is hard plastic - not see thro' or mesh type so hard to say when it fills-up
3. You can insert only 2-3 papers at a time..the slot is small and you can hear the motor grind!

I hope to get 3-4 yrs out of this.
Its not worth it if you pay more than $20.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chews it up and spits it out as advertised, May 17, 2013
I've had this several months now and use it regularly in a very conservative way. That means I don't choke it with overly large batches of paper, usually no more than 4 sheets at a time. It hasn't jammed or choked and churns like day 1. It is a light weight shredder that will probably serve me well if I play by the rules. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars paper shredder, August 16, 2012
I got this shredder to do some shredding around the house and to help with potential ID theft. This shredder works really well, but I would only recommend for home use as the basket is small; however, it isn't so small that you will need to dump it constantly.

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good...., June 18, 2013
Not having much luck with shredders this year as the new crop seems high priced and low quality, I went for a cheapie. This shredder is small, but fine for my home office which is just everyday stuff. It's easy to empty quickly, holds more than it looks and does cross-cut fine. The feed is very narrow so this is really a one sheet at a timer. Not reccomended by me for more than that. If you get scads of thick junk mail this isn't for you. I tried an average credit card advert unopened and it worked but you can hear it grinding. I suspect lots of plastic in these gears. Does a credit card fine, wouldn't attempt a cd. Staples ok but take it easy. For light use only.

5.0 out of 5 stars crunch it, July 1, 2013
my old shredder passed away after cutting up a credit card. I just shred id stuff at home so didnt want to spend a bunch. Saw this one on sale so grabbed it. I arrived quickly and well packed (not an Amazon pack job). Slightly smaller than my last unit means I might need to empty more ofter but fits better next to my desk. No seperate credit card slot but does a great job on 3+ sheets paper and fairly quiet. So far happy with the decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, January 5, 2013
It is a strong machine and works great. I use it at home for personal papers and it's compact size is perfect.