5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite book
Published 16 months ago by Kelly J Raudenbush

3.0 out of 5 stars wish rosie was as confident as iggy
LOVE iggy in our house. was hoping this book would be on par,
while it is leaps ahead of most other literature for children out there, I was disappointed to see from page 1 that Rosie was shy. Then Rosie shut down when her uncle made fun of her.
Common Rosie! You can do it! Wish this book was not so "boo ho, I am a girl and need approval to be confident in...
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite book, September 3, 2013
Kelly J Raudenbush (Phoenixville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
I sat down to read it to my 4 year old daughter because the cover looked fun. I wasn't prepared for the life lessons in it for her and for me. With an engaging story that kept her attention and illustrations you could look at over and over again, I found myself reading with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as Rosie battled her fear of failure to do great great things. This book is as much for mommies and daddies as their little ones. I may just read it daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, November 25, 2013
V. Evans "torybug" (Baltimore, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
This is my new favorite book! My four year old daughter loves it as well, thank goodness, even though it's a bit beyond her level. Within a few days of getting this book she started drawing labeled diagrams of things she could build - I would love it if she kept that up! I wish there were more girl-empowerment books like this - the kind that boys can enjoy just as much as girls because they are just good stories, and that completely ignore stereotypical gender roles rather than actively trying to refute them (no one needs to tell my daughter "girls can do anything" at this point in her life, because the idea that there are any limits based on gender has never even crossed her mind).

As a strange aside, I'm currently reading the adult self-help book "Mindset", and this book has basically the same message. A great lesson for children and adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite book in the house, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
My husband in an engineer so we got this book for him from our 2 month old daughter. He must have read it to her a dozen times already. He loves the rythmn and the uplifting message!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story with a good moral!, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
What a great story! We love reading it as much as our 2 year old daughter. Such a good lesson for all kids, but especially young girls, and I love that it encourages interest in science and math. It has become a staple in my gift-giving closet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Girls can be Engineers! A new enduring character in need of a Series!, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
My little 5 year old girl loved this! It was simply transformative. She SAW through this media channel (books) that girls are smart enough to be Engineers, a word she typically hears associated with her brother or male cousins. Since this book she has been on a building / tinkering phase which I am happy to encourage. Little girls are lost too young to the S.T.E.M. fields because of overwhelming cultural cues and media messages that say little girls are cute, do ballet and cheer, maybe play soccer while the boys play with legos, remote control cars and become engineers. It does not have to be this way. Please join me in lobbying this author to create a series with this character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice change from Princesses and Fairytales, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
I have two girls - ages 3 and 5. They are all about princesses most (ok, all) of the time. I ordered this book hoping to introduce some science and engineering into their imaginations. This book hits the mark in a big way. We got it in the mail yesterday. We read it 3 times before bed last night.

The story is fun and written well, with a rhyming tempo much like many of their other favorite books. The illustrations are great. And most importantly, the message is spot on and delivered in a way that a little girl can understand it.

Very happy I purchased this book. I'm sure it will become a staple in the bedtime book rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, especially for girls, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
Iggy Peck is one of our family's favorite books, so it was natural that this new book by the same author and illustrator would catch our interest.

The first part of the story feels very similar to Iggy Peck, so I was a little worried where the book would take us. As we read on, it unfolded into its own wonderfulness around such a simple life lesson, girls, and women with a dash of history, all without being doused in glitter, pink, and cupcakes that most girl-centric books can't seem to do without these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Our 3 1/2 year old girl loves it. Good lessons., September 5, 2013
M.B. (Mountain View, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
It doesn't matter whether your little one is going to grow up to be an engineer, artist, dancer, musician, etc.... The lessons in this book are powerful ones and they hit home. Don't give up. Count your successes. Failure is a natural part of the process. Don't be ashamed to dream.

Having read this to our daughter twice the same night, you can tell that it got her wheels turning. I especially liked the reference to Rosie the Riveter (kids won't understand it, but I love the fact that the authors put the reference in there nonetheless).

The book is short enough for a 3-year old and yet may be captivating enough for a slightly older crowd as well. We are very happy to have added it to our personal library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
I have twins so I bought this book for my daughter and Iggy Peck for my son. Both books are simply amazing and I want to buy everything Andrea Beaty writes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Rosie (and other girls and boys), October 12, 2014
I. B. Wood "Bic" (Georgetown, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Revere, Engineer (Hardcover)
I bought this after reading the reviews. I was a little cautious because the negative reviews implied a number of lessons I did not necessarily want to provide my granddaughter. Well, some of those reviewers either received a completely different book, or have some grudge against real life and positive messages. The book is about a young, shy girl who makes her own gadgets out of junked items. Yes, an Uncle laughs at her spray cheese can hat device to keep snakes away. And, yes the uncle is a zoo keeper. And, the uncle's laughter hurts her feelings and causes her to stop working on her inventions for a while. But, the story is about bouncing back from disappointments and failures, not about a mythical perfect world where all Uncles are perfect and there are no zoos, and helicoptering parents are ever present to protect you. So, an Aunt also laughs at Rosie's flying machine invention failure. And, Rosie is disappointed and decides to stop inventing. But, the Aunt's laughter is based on amazement, or enthusiasm, or perhaps just on seeing a spinning cheese spraying contraption try to fly. The Aunt embraces Rosie and her failed machine and teaches her that failure is part of the process of succeeding. So, this is good book that promotes a good lesson. (I have to admit there seems to be a strong canned spray cheese component since that shows up in two "inventions". But, perhaps it is better to use that supposed food product as a flying/snake repelling device than as food.)

Rosie Revere, Engineer
Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty (Hardcover - September 3, 2013)
$16.95 $11.15