5.0 out of 5 stars So what if I can't zip my pants any more?
I've 'tested' so many of these recipes, I'm going to have to start wearing a tent. The recipes are pretty easy, pretty fast, pretty foolproof, and REALLY good. My favorite is the butterscotch chocolate chip brownies. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Published on September 15, 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Quantity over quality . . .
I'll give her credit, Rosie has a large selection of recipes to choose from, but the basic layout of this cookbook is not ideal, and her measurements are a bit freaky. You'll see 1 cup + 6 tablespoons of flour(isn't that a third of a cup?) Or 12 tablespoons of butter, or 6 tablespoons of milk . . . Again, couldn't that be converted to something more mainstream, like...
Published on January 9, 2007 by J. Luce

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So what if I can't zip my pants any more?, September 15, 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat the brownies!, August 2, 1998
By A Customer
I've had this book for more than a year, and of the multiple recipes I've made, none have been anything less than great. And you simply must make the brownies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, great cookies, bad copy., December 15, 2001
This book would have received five stars, except for the fact that mine was printed incorrectly and I must see about returning it for a good copy. One chapter is printed twice, and the duplicate eliminates one section entirely. Odd mistake, and one I've never seen before.
On to the content: Ms. Rosenberg's first book was excellent. This wasn't as good, but it was still much better than other cookie books out there. Why? Well, the recipies are easy to follow, fun to make, and good to eat. On making them the frustration level is nil. It is a refreshing book for cooks of all areas of expertise -- and a great volume to share with the kids. There are definetly some noteworthy treasures in here, worthy of becoming the stuff of family legend.
Like I said, great book. I look forward to getting a shiny new copy so I can see what I'm missing! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all!, July 30, 1998
By A Customer
If you're looking for decadent, delicious cookies with ALL the good stuff in them, this is the book for you! Clear, precise recipies combined with hints, suggestions, and just plain good reading combine to make this book one of my personal favorites. Comments from friends when eating the results: "MMMM!!!", "Wherever did you find this cookie?", "Oh, MY!". I can't wait to sample Rosie's Baking Book ... if it's half as good as this one, it has to be a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is The Best Cookie Book Ever!!!!!, December 22, 2005
I couldn't beleive how good the cookies are in this book. She is so on the money with every single one. The one that really rocks are the Fudgie Wudgies cookies. Every time I make these, people want more. The 1st time i tasted one fresh out of the oven. I thougth the top of my head was going to come off. I can't wait for her to come out with another cook book. I bought her cake cook book aswell. And that is just as good as the cookie cook book.

Thank you so very much for writing these 2 cook books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Judy made me the Cookie Queen at my office, January 8, 2001
This is the cookbook that made me go cookie crazy. Every single recipe I've tried turned out scrumptious and never failed. In fact, the folks at my office have called me the Cookie Queen more than once after I brought them goodies made out of this book. Try the brownies, the shortbread and the lemon sour cream cookies. To die for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stellar cookie book, only thing that would make it better would be a reprint, January 17, 2009
I've had the pleasure of enjoying everything from cookies to cupcakes to brownies at Rosie's Bakery so I had no doubt this cookbook would yield delicious recipes. As expected, this cookbook yields fantastic, reliable results. Of the recipes I have tried all have yielded compliments. I also find that although some of the measurements are a bit odd, as other reviewers have mentioned, (most likely I am assuming from scaling down recipes meant for a commercial kitchen), they come out perfectly as written. I never question whether something from this cookbook will turn out fantastically and do not hesitate to make it for a special occasion, even if I have not tried the recipe before. Of those I have made, my favorites by far are the banana cream cheese mounds (although seriously, how can you go wrong with a cakey banana covered in cream cheese frosting) and the chocolate souffle brownies. I have made the later recipe multiple times and every time they disappear quickly and garner compliments. The texture is amazing and unlike any other brownie I have ever tried. People always assume they are made with really good chocolate even if I am just using a standard grocery store brand.

Overall I could not recommend this cookbook more highly. The recipes definitely live up to the sumptuous experiences I have had at her bakeries. I only wish they would issue a reprint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cookies!, December 16, 2007
Jessica Lamb (Ithaca, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I haven't made a recipe from this book yet that wasn't extremely tasty. I go to it first for recipes when I feel like baking cookies. I also like that Rosie only uses butter in her recipes - no trans fat to worry about. I suspect the precision of her measurements is overkill, but I can't complain about the results!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cookbook!, February 15, 2010
This is a great cookbook. I also have Rosie's All-Butter, Fresh Cream, Sugar Packed No Holds Barred Baking Book and I wasn't sure if this would measure up because it is awesome. It holds it's own rather well Lots of great recipes here and I highly recommend it. These recipes are for days when you are throwing the diet out the door. Just bake and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's favorite cookie book!, February 12, 2010
Bonnie L. "Grandma Bonnie" (Northern Virginia suburb) - See all my reviews
This is a no-fail cookie book for extraordinary cookies every time. Mine is dog-eared, stained, and loved. I have kept notes in the margins of the dates when first I tried each recipe, how much it was liked, some family events happening, and any recipe adaptations made. It has withstood the test of time and the paperback edition still has not fallen apart. I frequently give this book for gifts to my favorite people who bake cookies. It is not a beginner book for the new cook as there are too many choices and too many ingredients to make it easy. But for those who are interested in making disappearing cookies, this is the choice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›