Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 15, 2012
I bought this bag because i was in a hurry and it looked good, plus had one good review (the one and only review). When i got my bag it looked so cheap that i regret spending almost $60.00 on it; first, i was tempted to return it, but time was against me.

The leather straps on the zippers are cracked and rotten; one broke just when i opened the zipper for the first time!

The canvas is very thick, with is good, but all the leather applications are very poor quality.

This bag does not reflect it's price.

If you're smart, you'll keep searching and stay away from this one!
on August 18, 2012
I bought this bag at the end of July to replace a sturdy weekend bag that I'd carried for years- to its death. This bag has the makings of a perfect replacement- the pockets are numerous and can fit my odds and end. The main space is spacious and can hold clothes for a weekend trip or misc when I'll be traveling a bit longer and need something I can have with me while my luggage gets checked. The sturdy canvas made me so happy! Unfortunately, whoever designed this bag apparently never used it. The interior is solely the "satin"-y material used to line it. Including the pieces that make up the interior side of the end pockets. I used the bag this week for the first time. Threw a few necessary items in it, but not much (I was heading to my moms for the week and took all my laundry- hey its cheaper to use the house machine then the one in my apt complex!- so I didn't pack clothes or really weigh the bag down). When I unpacked it I noticed a small tear at the top of one sides interior satin lining. No big, right? Until I was repacking this morning to head home... the other side pockets interior lining was SHREDDED! I could've glued the small hole but the other side was RUINED. I barely repacked anything in the bag and when I got bag to LA (I drove, so the bag was only carried from inside my house to my car and from my car up a flight of stairs to my apt- barely anything at all!) both sides are shredded! Ridiculous! This bag says it's rugged and sturdy and should be able to handle a tiny bit of travel- but it's first trip and it's ruined. I can't fix this.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

And another note... I contacted Rothco about them fixing it since I'd barely had the bag and used it once- they told me I was sh!t out of luck. Seriously, stay away from this product.
on September 4, 2012
This is a realllyyy good LOOKING product. and that's really all it has. Looks... Durability and strength are NOT traits of the construction of this bag.
I only filled the bag to HALF capacity (with t shirts, jeans, and underwear) and picked it up perfectly fine with the 2 handles buckled together.
It felt really good in my hands. As soon as I threw on the shoulder strap - the metal shoulder strap buckle Snapped and broke off.. as I unzipped my bag to remove all my stuff out to another bag, I noticed that the seams of the walls dividing the main compartment and the side compartment were coming apart already. At this point, I had handled the bag
for a total of approximately 7 minutes.. needless to say, I was pretty bummed about having such a beautiful, but useless, bag.
The canvas material of the bag is really awesome. all the SEAMS and stitching are realllyyyy flimsy and weak though. Just a heads up folks.
on January 19, 2012
Shipping was lightning fast, I received the product with three days of ordering.

My first thought was the bag was darker than I thought it would be. The image shows a light brown, when in fact the bag is chocolate brown. The bag is very well made with a thick canvas, heavy duty brass hardware and soft leather accent. Although I had to dig around other sites for the measurements [23" (long) x 13" (wide) x 13" (tall)] the bag seems larger than I originally thought (a good thing!). I can definitely see this becoming my all purpose travel bag. I'm not a light packer and I think I can easily fit a three day trip's worth of stuff in this thing!

The heavy duty construction makes this bag extremely versatile: tool bag, equipment (cameras, tripods, etc) bag, gym bag, travel bag, ammo bag, hunting...the list goes on and on..

I'll post again after I use it on a few trips and see how it holds up. But for now - I say get it! I only gave it four stars because I actually haven't used it yet ;)
on August 11, 2012
The bag was larger than I expected. It seems very sturdy and the stitching is secure. I was hoping that the material would be a stiffened canvas so it would sit errect to facilitate packing items but was not.
on January 17, 2014
I hesitated on purchasing this bag because of the other reviews - almost half said it wasn't quality and the other half thought it was great. For us, so far so good...but the first time my husband went to unzip the zipper - the pull came right off. I am considering this a starter bag to help determine if the size is what he wants. I will probably get him a leather bag soon.
on June 6, 2014
Boy were we surprised when this bag arrived, it was much nicer than expected. Very roomy with lots of pockets, heavy duty canvas with leather accents and a very sturdy strap and handles. Shipping was a little slow, but otherwise we are very happy with the purchase.
on February 21, 2014
I love the look but the lining on the side pockets are shot! I still use it because It takes me where I want to go and holds everything I need. However I have to put my personals in a plastic bag to hold them in place.
on August 7, 2014
The color of the bag I received is significantly darker than the picture indicates (think milk-chocolate brown as opposed to the beige-to-light brown in the picture). Despite complaints about the stitching, I thought it was okay and found no frayed pieces, and all the zippers and straps in tact; however, I have only used the bag for one trip and I am worried about the sturdiness of the bag, especially the stitching where the top strap bears the weight of the contents. That said, the bag certainly suffices for weekend travel or for use on short holiday beyond that, though, I don't think it will survive rough treatment. The two buckles in the front of the picture do not fasten well but the zipper underneath the envelope flap is sturdy. The bag seems to have a somewhat thin shell and no structural support so the shape of the bag deforms w/respect to its contents. Aesthetically, I must say, for the price, the bag satisfies. Overall, I am pretty happy with my purchase though I don't expect this bag to last long and I must say, the price was the biggest pull. I was looking for a nice looking bag to travel with but I didn't want to spend the money for a leather or signature bag. To the end that I was looking for, this rothco bag did well.
on March 3, 2014
Rothco brags about selling product to the military, if it is the same quality as this travel bag, they should be ashamed!
The partitions between the end compartment and the main body have come apart.
I called Rothco customer service and they said too bad!!