5.0 out of 5 stars Dependable.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:09 Mins
Published on April 15, 2012 by J. Ly

2.0 out of 5 stars Very narrow
The bag is 11" x 11" x 38". The 22" they offer is if you measure it from side to side when flattened completely - i.e. when there is no room left in the bag for anything thicker than a piece of paper.

It is made of thick fabric, as advertised, but not as large as they imply.

It's going back.
Published 19 months ago by Chris Nordling

5.0 out of 5 stars Dependable., April 15, 2012
This review is from: Rothco G.I. Style Double-Strap Duffle Bag (Misc.)
Length:: 2:09 Mins

I use this bag to carry my kendo equipment and medical supplies, and it certainly holds a lot of things. I took it out once a week for about 4 weeks, then three times a week for about another 4 weeks. All in all, I'm impressed that it held up with no damage (that I can tell), and it carries objects with a weird shape well (so long as it fits). For example, the kendo helmet/facemask and chest protector are rigid pieces of equipment, but it's not really too bad to wear on the shoulders. If you use this to carry clothes and hygienic supplies, it'll definitely do the job. I've taken it up holding food and water for friends on a hiking trip, and the bag lasted longer than I did (bags don't get tired, and this one hasn't ripped or anything).

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets expectations, July 6, 2008
I ordered this duffel as an alternative to the hard shell large suitcase. I like it, but you do need to be prepared to carry a significant amount of weight on your shoulders. Fully packed this bag can be heavy. As long as you're o.k. with that, it is certainly more durable through the baggage claim then some hard sided cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bag, exactly I wanted, September 14, 2009
This bag caught my eye for its durable canvas material and convenient double-strap for shoulder-carrying. I used it to pack my bedding stuffs (comforter, blanket, pillows) when I moved across states. It was thrown on/off car without any concern of breaking-up. You may pack any stuffs you want (books, clothes, cookware, etc) as long as you are strong enough to carry the full bag. It is spacious for packing while room-saving for my compact car. Wonderful bag, exactly I wanted.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very narrow, June 10, 2013

It is made of thick fabric, as advertised, but not as large as they imply.

It's going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sturdy, June 17, 2013
The bag is exactly as described. It is made of very thick canvas and very well made. We've only used it once, but packed it full with at least 45 pounds of stuff and it came through international travel just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars East to West, May 9, 2013
I purchased this duffel bag for a six month long trip that I'm taking to the other side of the country and I was very pleased with what I got. I got nearly every piece of clothing I was bringing with me in there and wasn't worried about the bag being too overstuffed-this thing is super durable! And even with it being of considerable weight (50 lbs) the straps made it easy for someone as short as me (5' 3") to carry through the airport. I would recommend this bag for pretty much anyone who's trying to move a ton of stuff at once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Scouting, July 23, 2011
DRBF (Manchester, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rothco G.I. Style Double-Strap Duffle Bag (Misc.)
I ordered this bag for my 11 y.o. son who was going to a weeklong boyscout camp. This camp required him to carry his sleeping bag, pad, pillow, clothing for a week, extra shoes, hiking gear, etc. Everything fit inside of the bag. This was important because parking was far from the campsite. The bag also has two easy to use straps that can be worn backpack style, which made the bag easy to carry for the long haul to the campsite. The bag has only been on one camp out, but it survived the long week of scout camp and the rough treatment of an 11 y.o.
The material is very heavy duty and seems as if it will hold up well. I saw some of the reviews saying that the size wasn't accurate, but the size was plenty big for our needs---all the supplies one person would need for one week of camping. The bag would almost be too big for a shorter camping excursion.
My husband often goes on the camping events with my son so I will be purchasing a second bag for him. I wouldn't do that if the bag didn't seem promising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, May 17, 2010
I ordered this duffel to pack my sleeping bag and air mattress along with whatever else I could get in it for a mission trip to Guatemala. It's perfect, heavy duty, very rugged, and I really like the shoulder straps that make carrying it much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the bag, September 1, 2012
We used this bag to carrying camping gear on an airline. It was perfect. We were able to load a ton of things in it and it was easy to transport around the airport with the carry straps. I don't know why other reviewers said it was too small because my bag is great. I will use it for years to come

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this duffle is awesome., August 8, 2011
UPDATE 2: I bought a second one. Perfect for hauling lots of gear across a wide beach. Also good for traveling, as a pack/suitcase for large items.

UPDATE: I'm in the 2nd year with this bag now. It is holding up very well. I seriously overload this bag, and the shoulder/backpack straps show no sign of ripping or failing, etc. For the beach, it holds four large folding beach chairs, large umbrella, fishing net and two small shovels. amazing. end edit.

This duffle bag is pretty awesome. It is exactly what I needed. I wanted a big bag for the beach, to carry two beach chairs, umbrella and maybe something else. It swallows all that stuff up perfectly. Best thing is that it has adjustable and padded backpack shoulder straps. It is very thick old fashioned heavy duty canvas, which is fine. Someone else mentioned that it didn't have a drawstring or any way to close the top, but it has a great system where you put the post up through the other holes and then the clip on a strap clips it all closed. It is obvious how that works once you have it and look at the photo provided here for the item.
I anticipate using this bag when I next travel and need to bring bulky items. It is awesome.

Rothco G.I. Style Double-Strap Duffle Bag