5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for a netbook!
This isn't a messenger bag. It won't hold things like full size documents or ring binder notebooks. But it's a great bag for smaller things.

I did check to see if my netbook (approx. 10.5" x 7") would fit in the bag. It does, like it was made for it. And there's still room for a cell phone, pens, a few other accessories, and maybe a book or two.

The...
Published on June 11, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much canvas on the outside, not enough on the inside...
Rothco's "Survivor" bag wouldn't survive long in the real world. The canvas is strictly for show, all the under-construction is in tissue thin acetate. Mine arrived with the acetate already torn in one pocket, and the pocket under it tore as I put my fingers in it... Don't waste your time with this bag if you intend to actually use it.
Published on December 14, 2011 by Ltldavid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for a netbook!, June 11, 2010

The adjustable shoulder strap is nice and long, but it isn't double stitched to the bag, only single stitched. I'll keep my eye on that, and maybe add another row of stitching or re-sew it if necessary.

Since it is inexpensive, I didn't mind making an alteration soon after I got it. When the bag is fully packed and expanded, the flap won't reach the clasps. I made a couple of small cuts in the lining behind the male clasps so I could get to them, unbent the tabs, and relocated them about halfway up the front of the bag. Now the flap will clasp when the bag is fully stuffed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical & Convenient!, December 22, 2009
I just got this bag, it arrived at my home today and it's already one of my favorite bags. Not for your laptop but definitely for all your cool tech toys: phone, cd's, mp3 player, small notepad, coins, business cards, power cords and all the other James Bond toys you may have. Perfect small and practical musician bag or everyday run around the city or trail bag. Dimensions: width 10.5 in / depth 5.5 in / height 7.5 in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent size shoulder bag, February 16, 2008
Is well made, ample room for stuff you can't stuff into your pockets, but use daily (calculators, note pads, extra pens, tape measure, etc).
Shoulder strap is long enough so bag will still work with light jacket. Works well for hauling small tools to and from work while on motorcycle. Works good for men who need extra room but won't get caught dead carrying something that looks like a purse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, perfect size, smaller than a laptop bag, May 22, 2008
Thumbs Up to this one. It's well made and the strap is nice and wide so it never tangles. I'm a man and I was looking for a bag to carry some daily stuff in, like cell phone headset, extra batteries, my mp3 player, a drink and a book. I didn't want a huge messenger laptop bag, I wanted something smaller, but manly. It doesn't get any closer than this. The pockets on the outside I use for headphones, cell phone batteries, gum, some pills and spare change. On the inside there are two pockets divided with a thin nylon and actually the whole inside is lined with this thin nylon. There's also a nice pocket on the side you can use for quick cell phone access.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much canvas on the outside, not enough on the inside..., December 14, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute...but not well made, May 2, 2010
CindyBeThis ""Derr, yuk yuk."" (Here, there, and everywhere) - See all my reviews
The bag in itself is cute and holds all my junk (I carry a lot of junk) but it is badly constructed. The front flap (with all the pockets) covers over the two deep compartments of the body and locks the purse "close" with two twisting knobs. The left knob broke the first day I received the bag. Now it hangs kinda weird and lopsided. Also, there's a metal stick thing where the knob should be. Since the knob came off randomly when I was out, I lost it and can't even glue it in place to hide the metal stick thing. Not really cool and I can't figure out what to do as a "fix." Additionally, there's a side pocket that snaps to close (better idea) on the right side that's perfect for my cell phone. I really liked its placement but the pocket tore within the first week. So far nothing else has broken. I can deal with the pocket tearing (sewed it back up) but I really hate that the knob broke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, September 16, 2008
I was looking for a camera bag that didn't look like a camera bag and this more than fit the bill. All the little pockets work great for filters and accessories. I put a piece of foam in the bottom to protect my gear and now it's the perfect camera bag. It's very sturdy and holds everything without weighing too much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item purchased not the one pictured, November 4, 2012
I purchased the two-tone bag labelled "olive"...the one with brown colored flaps. the company sent me "o.d" which stands for olive drab and is all one muted green color. I emailed customer service and they told me that they were the same bag...which is obviously not true. When I told them about three bags being pictured on Amazon's website (black, olive, olive drab), they said that it was Amazon's mistake and that they no longer carried any "olive" bags (now admitting that they are in fact different bags). They also said they would let Amazon know so that they could fix the problem b/c they no longer have "olive" bags. That was 2 weeks ago and the same bags are still available for purchase...if I had spent more than 20 bucks, I would return the item but not worth my time.

As far as the bag itself...cheap feel to it, all fabric construciton. Small but might be good for a tablet or note pad, few pens, cell phone...not much else. Also, the Olive Drab version looks boring...pretty sure it'll just sit in my closet for a few months before I toss it.

In summary, cheap product, not the one pictured and company lied about product and then blamed Amazon for mistake but has yet to fix the fact that the version they no longer carry is still being sold on Amazon.

Don't buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed, low end materials, April 2, 2012
The stitches are uneven and the material is low quality. The inside pockets are all thin nylon, sure to wear out quickly. Loose threads everywhere. The zipper on the front has already broken (it's a very low end plastic). The material between the back (open) pocket and the inside is nylon is sooo thin. the material is cut unevenly. Even at 15 dollars, I paid to much. I've had it for five hours and don't expect it to last more than a couple of days.

If ordering from Army Universe, They only offer the Black and O.D. If you order the Olive (Green with black on the pockets), you will get the O.D. If you protest getting the wrong product, they will tell you, that there are only two available and YOU are the one in the wrong.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as it appears, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Rothco Venturer Survivor Shoulder Bags (Misc.)
Bag is much smaller than it appears. I thought it might be a small messenger size bag, but this is a small purse for a teenager. It would not hold a binder. If this thing can hold a banana, I would be surprised.

Rothco Venturer Survivor Shoulder Bags