Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rothco Venturer Travel Portfolio Bag
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 23, 2009
The quality of this product is extremely poor - then again, what is expected when its value is so cheap. We took it on our vacation to Germany and it lasted one week. The outside material seems durable enough (canvas) but the lining is of a very cheap plastic. Within a week the lining, which is either stitched or glued, had come undone and we stood to lose our passports (yikes!); good thing I noticed. I would not recommend this product. Also, it is not too practical to constantly undo the front buckle to get at what you want. Hope this review helps.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2011
My I.D. and credit cards do not fit into the slots as shown. The slots are stitched too small and I couldn't wedge any of my cards into the slots, making the bag unusable for my purposes. In addition, there is no zipper closure for the main compartment, which could allow items to fall out if the bag gets turned upside down.
on August 8, 2010
A Nice Little Tote for Your Nook...

The Problem:
I like to go for a walk, stop at a local coffee shop or bakery to read for a spell, and then continue walking on home. The problem was finding a small tote bag in which to conveniently (and SAFELY) carry my Nook eReader while walking.

Stopped in at my local B&N brick and mortar place: They had some very nice, humungous, canvas tote bags; but these were really too big just to carry my Nook on a casual stroll. I needed something smaller.

The Solution:
The Rothco Venturer Travel Porfolio Bag, available from Amazon.com, proved to be an excellent solution. My Nook, in its Chesterton cover, fits snuggly and securely (the phrase, `like a glove' comes to mind) in the main compartment of this tote, and the shoulder strap makes for convenient, hands-free, drop-free carrying.

There's also room for your driver's license, credit cards, sunglasses, pen and a pad.

Happy eReading.

George Dawson
Whittier, California
August, 2010
88 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2011
I have a severely allergic son and have the need to carry around an epi-pen at all times. I was in need of a "man bag" so to speak. Just needed the extra space to carry around my wallet, keys, cell phone and the epi-pen. Didn't really want people to ask me "is that a banana in your pocket or are you glad to see me?"
Anyway this is a great bag. Perfect size for my needs and I was able to do away with the wallet because this has compartments for credit cards and ID. It will also hold a Kindle 3 + case perfectly as you can see in the images I added.
One thing that I was unable to find out via the web before I purchased was the width of the bag. The internal dimensions are roughly 5 1/2" L x 1 1/2" W x 8 1/4" D. Now there is a lot of flexibility with these dimensions since it is a canvas bag. There isn't much structure so it will form to whatever you need to put in it. I prefer a bag with more structure so I went ahead and created an internal "skeleton" to keep its shape. Not necessary but I like it better with the rigid rectangular form.
A few things to note for anyone interested in this bag. The default image of the bag is deceiving. The credit card section on the front panel does not keep the cards at those levels. All of the pockets go all the way down to the bottom and are essentially even with the id window. They will not look all neat and staggered like the image and actually make retrieving the cards from the back pockets quite difficult. Nice thing about it is that no one will know you have any other cards in the bag from just looking at it.
Craftsmanship is a little bit questionable but overall everything still functions perfectly. You'll notice on one of my photos that the top clip isn't at all centered on the top cover panel. Kind of annoying but it still holds the flap shut so I guess I can't really complain too much.
Great size. Many compartments for organization (perhaps too many). Decent quality construction. Overall this is a great bag for a very reasonable price.
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
I was looking for something to carry cell phone wallet and a few items. 46 days after I purchased it, it shattered at the shackle not allowing me to use the strap which rendered it useless. This bag was carried a total of 6 times before it broke. I realize that it was priced reasonably but I would expect an item to last more than a month and a half. Very unhappy with the poor quality of this product.
review image
on March 31, 2009
This bag is everything it claims to be. Fully functional, with more than enough pockets to meet my needs, including several credit card/identification slots, and zippered space for change. No need to carry a wallet with this bag. I feel confident that my cards or monies are completely secured. Strap is adjustable and can go from a carrying handle, to a shoulder strap or an across-the-body strap with ease. Perfect for traveling, without the "geeky" fanny bag look. If you're looking for a durable bag that you can feel confident will keep your items secure, yet, a non-combersome, comfortable fit, this is it!
on March 21, 2012
I bought this because I was tired of my pockets being full of crap. Its pretty spacious and is a perfect size for what I need. I keep some my phone charger, medicine, little cologne bottle and sometimes my wallet. It has a bunch of zippers and compartments to keep everything organized. It has a wallet looking thing in the front which I don't use but I do like the zippered pocket by the "wallet" I keep my headphones and all my change. I've been using it for a little over a month and I use it every day, its held up well thus far. Good for the price. Nice military bag for.dudes that doesn't look feminine. I would recommend.
on February 16, 2012
As a man, I was looking for a manly-looking bag to replace my highly harassed fanny pack, especially at work. Since I recently bought a 7" Cruz Tablet, I needed something to accommodate that and everything else I carried with me. Anything bigger than a 7" Tablet probably will not fit. I am not a backpack carrier like a lot of people and with everything being downsized, such as laptops into tablets, I didn't need something big to accommodate a laptop, as I don't own one. The Rothco Venturer Travel Portfolio Bag is exactly what I was looking for. It fits all my things nicely, not feminine, and has easily accessible pockets, even while hanging over my shoulder. One of my co-workers thought it was US Army issue which made me happy to know that it did not look like a man-purse. Another co-worker called it a "stash bag" which is the term I use now. I love it.
on October 7, 2013
I read all the reviews on this item and was worried it would rip or be ripped or zipper wouldn't work when I got it. however, it came in perfect condition. the material, stitching, zippers all was perfection. although its smaller then i hoped it to be, it worked out perfectly for what i wanted it too so far. I don't own a tablet/fire yet so I can't say for sure they fit in this. I do have a 7"x5" notebook in the compartment where it would go, with room to fit more misc items in. The side is open a little more then I like, so i moved the cards up to the top of the inner bit where it is not able to get to easily. because the top covers it. the cards compartments are deep and snug so instead of doing them side to side like normally would i put them in upwards/downwards and you could still only see the tips of the cards. there was plenty of room in the compartments for more then one card. I also didn't like the idea of putting my phone in the card compartments on the right side where it could fall out or be taken. the top part of the purse where it latches has a zipper compartment that was big enough to fit my smartphone. so this bag worked out perfectly for me as a purse, and most likely will also work with the kindle I intend to purchase. I also tested it to see if things would fall out if it was upside down open and shut. everything was snug and didn't budge a inch. I will update this over time, to make it more current.

11/01/2013
I've had this bag for a while now. I've had a lot of use out of it. But today the clasp that held the straps to it, one side broke. i bought these lil clasps like you find for key chains and looped the band through it and connected to the purse again. So it's still working but the cloth and stiches holding the purse straps are starting to come loose. Also it's became a tedious task to open and shut the purse to get in and out of the wallet part. I'm getting my kindle this week and I tried a few 7" cases at walmarts to see if they'd fit inside. was to snug a fit to slide down in. When I get my case/kindle I'll try again and see. But I have a feeling I'm gonna end up in search for a new purse. :(

11/05/2013
well it turns out i should've listened to the reviews on here. seams on the bag are coming undone, the strap metal piece broke and the part on the sides you attach strap too part the seam is out on them so bad i fear them falling off even if i rigged the straps. I am currently in contact with the seller to get a refund, and i purchased a new bag yesterday in my home town. haven't tried the kindle yet to see if it fits... but i know a 7" case doesn't want to go in at all.

11/07/2013
I contacted the seller and amazon, was given a complete refund. Thank you. Wish it'd of been a better product. I did try a case with a Kindle finally yesterday. Fit perfectly in the middle compartment, too bad I can't use it anymore. :(
on June 15, 2008
Man, this thing would be great if the pockets were just a few millimeters larger. The credit card and ID pockets are just a very tiny bit too small. Love the quality of construction and material, but can't really recommend it due to the size. Size does matter sometimes.