5.0 out of 5 stars Great grilling every time!
I stumbled upon this author when I was searching the web for great rotisserie recipes. His site was one of the only ones that listed a comprehensive how to, tips and tricks and excellent selection of recipes. The author has a great sense of humor and the recipes are logical and most importantly FANTASTIC eats.

I've tried about 20 of the various recipes from...
Published on May 6, 2012 by AcierX

3.0 out of 5 stars B/W Photos not helpful
In my opinion, a cookbook is only as good as the photos it has. I often select recipes by the picture and say "Yes, I want to learn how to make THAT!". You don't get that here. This may very well be a good guide to rotisserie cooking, covering the basics and providing recipes, but the black and white photos are a killer. Better bring the inspiration with you before...
Published 6 months ago by Horatio Magellan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grilling every time!, May 6, 2012

I've tried about 20 of the various recipes from the authors site and am happily perusing this new collection to see which ones will be first to grace my grill.

This is a must have for anyone who wants to learn how to, or become even better at rotissserie cooking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful Book, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Rotisserie Grilling: 50 Recipes For Your Grill's Rotisserie (Paperback)
This is a very helpful guide if you are new to rotisserie cooking. The author takes you through all the basics for both gas and charcoal grills. The book is well organized and actually quite fun to read.

The most helpful elements for me thus far are the quick reference charts that show recommended heat, cook times, and meat temperatures for just about every type of food you can cook on a rotisserie. No need to dig through a bunch of recipes to find specific details (they are provided in that manner, but the quick reference guides can answer your questions in a flash).

Overall I'm very pleased with this book. I gave it four stars instead of five simply because the photos are in black-and-white. I would prefer color photos in order to get a better feel for certain details.

I strongly recommend this book if you're considering a rotisserie for your grill. It's a great instruction manual and well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rotisserie...where it's at., May 6, 2012
M. Lang (Dayton, OH USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've followed Mike's blog for some time. When he announced he was working on a cookbook, I was pretty excited. When he announced it was published, the results blew my expectations. Mike has covered everything from the why to the what to the how...and he has done it an approachable, digestible and easy to understand manner. Grilling is a passion of Mike's. Rotisserie grilling is a step above. Yes, above. If you can spin meat on your grill, do yourself a favor and download Mike's book. You will learn something new and step up your backyard game. I did. Well done, Mike. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike is the REAL DEAL!!!, July 3, 2012
Hi!

I normally don't take the time to post a review about a product that I've purchased. This time, I had to!

I found Mike's website after I purchased a rotisserie to compliment my Weber Genisis Grill. I searched the Internet for various 'rotisserie recipes' and was blessed to have found his site. WOW!! The site has EVERYTHING a backyard cook could ever want with recipes for everything we could ever think of grilling. I started trying his suggestions/recipes and I was awestruck!

Then I noticed he had a recipe book for sale.....I purchased it without hesitation! He expands upon his creations he has perfected over the years. It was WELL worth every penny and I would, without hesitation, recommend it to anyone that is looking to excel in their backyard grilling culinary adventures.

Enjoy,
Bill Curtin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Addition to My Grilling Library, May 9, 2012
John C. Moran (West Palm Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
I've been following Mike's blog for a while now and have been eagerly awaiting the publication of this cookbook. I agree with Mike's early statement in the book that there is a gap in the literature when it comes to rotisserie grilling. This book is a welcome addition as it focuses solely on spit-fire technique. The recipes are easy to follow, with lots of photos. I was particularly interested to read about the benefits of wet brining and dry brining, which Mike is a fan of. Could Mike Vrobel be the next Jamie Purviance or Steven Raichlen? I say yes. He's definitely a rotisserie guru.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, June 30, 2013
Very creative book - and every recipe we have tried has resulted in a perfectly cooked and very tasty meal. Our neighbors are excited as well - since my husband and I together cannot manage 5 lb pork roasts, 14 lb turkey, prime rib roasts etc by ourselves every day haha The turkey was the best I have ever had - my husband added some wood chips to it - hands down was better than any smoked turkey I have had even in Texas. Looking forward to trying the peking duck recipe this week.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book.Good Reciepies, July 13, 2013
This book is a good value for the price.It very nicely details the Journey author had to go through in order to perfect the recipes. It would have been nice to have the photos in the book in color though.Regardless,it is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful recipes, August 14, 2013
Dan Ruddick (Glen Burnie, MD United States) - See all my reviews
So far the recipes I've tried have been very tasty. It's also useful from a technical point of view both in terms of food prep (I had never dry brined before) and the differences between gas and charcoal and its effect on browning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice intro, June 26, 2013
PA guy "kkaufman1" (Dillsburg, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This book doesn't have the production value of a big time food network cookbook, but what it lacks there is more than made up for in practical advice. This has already helped me with several cooking ideas and is *easily* worth the cost. Best idea so far... but a pan of potatoes under the chickens to catch the drippings and cook both at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have book for people new to rotisserie grilling, June 6, 2013
J. Gregg (SW Minnesota) - See all my reviews
If anyone owns a rotisserie they should purchase this book. This cookbook not only gives you some very helpful advice when using the rotisserie but it also has wonderful recipes. The cookbook that I received with my rotisserie wasn't helpful at all but this book is great.

Rotisserie Grilling: 50 Recipes For Your Grill's Rotisserie
Rotisserie Grilling: 50 Recipes For Your Grill's Rotisserie by Mike Vrobel (Paperback - May 31, 2012)
$9.99 $8.99