Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 29, 2013
This was my first actual book read on the happenings in my town that night. I've heard all the stories. Knew the family well, my dad was friends with Terry ans Marian was my teacher. Needed to be a little more to the story, more truths then guessing.
on October 15, 2012
There have been plenty of opinions shared about Terry Thompson since October 2011, but some important new pieces of info, revealed in this extended report, seem to paint the picture most Americans were quick to believe: that Thompson was an obsessive hoarder with a huge ego, not necessarily a victim handicapped by Vietnam trauma. Sometimes you can read a book by it's cover. Great insight in this in-depth look at an extraordinary and historic event. Only Thompson will ever truly know what drove him.... crazy.
on November 20, 2012
This is a biased review as my mother, Kathy Thompson, is a part of this incredible story. Yet, Charles has done an impressive service to both wild animals and the American public in bringing this story to light. His writing is a clear and concise call for more public attention to our relationships that we have with the animal kingdom and our responsibility to the well being of these animals and to the public at large. I highly recommend this book not only for those interested in the private world of wild animal farms but also for anyone concerned with the future of our human responsibilities regarding the animal world and all it holds dear!

Robert Thompson
on November 6, 2012
This book was a good read. It kept my attention and at times I did not want to put it down. It was not tan action type read, but it was the intrigue of the relationship between the animals and everyone who came in contact with them as well as the suspense of knowing the suspense of what was next. Though this was a short book and to the point,I do wish that the author was able to go into more detail about the animal owners psychie to understand more about him as a person and how he developed to be a hoarder and self destructive.
on October 29, 2012
This piece goes far beyond the Animal Protectionism" topic. Actually, it is much more about the mind of Terry Thomposon, Vietnam Vet, his trauma, long term challenge, fight to deal with it, coupled with the impulsive reaction of authorities that resulted in such a horrible massacre. Perhaps the anmimal version of Kent State?? The state in which it occurred has obvious synergy.

Draw your own reflections, opinions. This is a MUST READ!!
on November 16, 2012
Short and to the point. Answered all my questions regarding this incident.
If the subject of keeping wild animals is of interest and/or concern, worth the read.
on December 18, 2012
This is a great short read on the wild animals that were released by their owner in Ohio. Charles Siebert is a great writer and leaves you wanting to know more.
on February 24, 2013
fascinating study of this bizarre incident and the people involved. My only complaint is, it's too short! Please Mr Writer, expand into a book. I'd buy it. :)
on September 28, 2014
Not my favorite by far.... I wish it were more story like and not so much newspaper story like. Don't know that I would recommend this to anyone.