Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 27, 2002
The mark of a good travel book is not just the durability of the cover, although that is important; it is also a function of the quality of the research.
This book has both. Not only is the cover tough yet remarkably pliable, but the contents are well written and well researched. While I was in Languedoc over Christmas, Catlos never left my side - my wife and I ate with him, drove with him. Heck, we even followed his advice on where to spend the night. In fact, we even started calling the book "the Catlos"! We felt that the book was a friend who was guiding us through this mysterious and deeply foreign landscape.
My wife found his tips for female travellers to be especially helpful and considered. To be frank, not many guidebooks consistently point out where one might purchase certain feminine necessities.
I highly recommend this book and suggest that anyone travelling to the region purchase a copy. It'll become like a good pal - albeit one with a flexible laminated cover.
on January 12, 2014
A very through description of travel, hotel, and eating options. I'd use this book as a backup to some other book describing of the region. Very factual description of the region, but it didn't make me want to go there.
on June 5, 2014
I normally purchase Lonely Planet Guides and now I know why. I purchased this Rough Guide because of the price (Lonely Planet for this region must be out of print because I could only find it for around $70.00 which is way more than I wanted to spend). There is not much detail, specifically about places to stay, restaurants, or off the beaten path ideas that I usually enjoy discovering with Lonely Planet's guidance. Big disappointment.
on October 21, 2012
I tried this guidebook and found the information to be quite superficial-lives up to its name. The list of 'not to be missed' places was good and I followed these up but I would have liked something with a little more depth, it all read a bit too much like a travel brochure for me.
on September 19, 2012
This was the only electronic guidebook I could find on this area, but it wasn't particularly helpful. Perhaps the print version has an index, but the lack of one was a real hindrance. At least, I couldn't locate an index, but then this was the first e-book I have ever used.
on August 30, 2014
Item delivered on time, was as described.