Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on September 10, 2005
Poor Walter... The previous book took some bad hits from on-line reviewers saying that the message of the book was bad, that other books are too similar, that the artwork is not good... I don't know, I kind of like this type of book, and my daughter (4 yrs old) seems to as well. She doesn't seem confused by the story and doesn't turn her nose up at it.. In fact, she likes to look at the artwork, and the trials and tribulations of poor Walter and his flatulence problem are enough to hold her attention and to entertain her.

Farts are a common subject for kids' books nowadays, and I think it's a natural curiosity.

The Walter Books are a cute entertaining series, and "Rough Weather" book tells what happens when a scientist tries to stop the farts with a special machine, and Dad tinkers with the formula, sending poor Walter skyward!!!

If your child is as amused by farts as my little princess, get this book and you will be pleased with it as a reading option.
on February 11, 2006
I love this book! The illustrations take a little getting used to (definitely off-beat, like the other two), and the storyline is slightly subversive, but the whole book is just very funny (for me, as an adult), and my kids love it, too. It's the one book that I will cheerfully read them twice in the same night. Farts aside, it's actually pretty wholesome and carries (I think) a positive message about being authentic and true to yourself. Plus, it has larger than usual words for a book targeted at this age group, which I think is useful. All in all, well worth the twelve or fourteen bucks you pay for it. I've bought copies for some other parents as gifts...(Nobody's complained...)
on August 9, 2005
We have three Walter the Farting Dog books, the first is the best, followed by Walter the Farting Dog Trouble at the Yard Sale and Rough Weahter Ahead for Walter the Farting Dog. My kids are 5 and 8 and this book gets them giggling, just saying Professor Kompressor gets me giggling a little too. Walter is a very sweet dog with a lot of gas, which tends to get him into a little trouble, but the kids love him anyway. This book as well as the others, have a good lesson in unconditional love and acceptance. Fun book, not too long, interesting if not a little weird artwork. But the kids love it.
on August 16, 2005
Again Walter the malodorous dog comes to the rescue. This book continues to be a wildly favored choice for my grandchildren, 6 and 5.

Anyone who has has a dog of less than stellar pedigree can relate to loving a dog like Walter. I hope more books are in the future!
on October 14, 2005
This book is so funny! It is a great kid's book, but I must admit I bought it for my father. I have never laughed so hard!
on July 1, 2005
It's true MOST kids ages 3-8 love to hear the word or the bodily function of farting. My kids (ages 6 and 10) thought the book was hilarious. After we read it together, they went through the book over and over looking at the great pictures. They also noticed the little spider on each page. The only problem I found with the book is that my kids love talking about ALL of the time, no matter where we are.
on May 27, 2005
Okay as a mother of three (soon to be four!) boys I understand that sometimes it takes bodily functions to get them interested in reading. Well Walter did the trick, my guys love all of the flatulating humor of this cute book. It also has great illustrations which kept my younger ones interested despite the fact that they had no idea what I was talking about, hee hee :)
on September 25, 2005
I bought this for my daughter who teaches 1st grade. The children love to listen to "Chapter Books" and loved the 1st Walter book. Thank you.
on July 11, 2005
Rough Weather Ahead for Walter the Farting Dog is a great addition to the Walter the Farting Dog series. It continues the same gross, but funny, humor of the other two books, and it is this humor which makes Walter such a good read for kids (who will find it especially hilarious) along with laidback adults. This book is also great for getting hesitant readers, who would rather watch TV, into books. Not only is the book comical in a potty humor way, but the illustrations are unique and reminiscent of collages, making the book interesting to look at. To top it all off, the underlying moral of the book, that everyone has good in them, and can do great things, is a splendid touch to this superb story.
on May 20, 2005
I read this book and think Walter is very cute. I like the idea of using the farting dog to interest kids in reading. Kids enjoy farts, so why wouldn't they want to read about them? lol. The illustrations are bright, colorful, and the people in them have a photo quality. There are spiders hidden on every page and half the fun is trying to find them. The storyline is more than a little out there, but kids might buy into it more readily than adults. All in all, good book and I'd definitely recommend it to kids & parents with a sense of humor. Just imagine Grandma & Grandpa reading it aloud!