1,370 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars It's nice to have a legit ad-free option finally...
The ads in the free version of Angry Birds were so intrusive, I installed Adfree just to get rid of them. Now I'm able to support the developer and not deal with any annoying ads, so kudos to Rovio and Amazon for finally providing this option to us.

Published on March 22, 2011 by Putts

3.0 out of 5 stars Game is great, Updates are dreadful...
Published 21 months ago by Tom Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars It's nice to have a legit ad-free option finally..., March 22, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)

Just to clear up any confusion, this paid copy of the game will install over your existing free copy of Angry Birds (go to the Updates menu in the Amazon app store on your phone to find it). All of your progress will be carried over into the paid version of the game, so you have nothing to fear from buying this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Game is great, Updates are dreadful..., November 28, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
Yes, it's great to have an ad free version of Angry Birds, but it comes at some additional costs (and I'm not just talking about the .99 price). First off, the updates are painfully slow to roll out. If Rovio updates the free version in the Google Play store, it will be months before Amazon gets around to updating the paid version. That's unfortunately true for most items in the Amazon App Store, but it's especially true for all Angry Birds Games. It took them over 3 months to get this latest update out, that's simply unacceptable.

In addition to the slow updates by Amazon, the past two updates erase all of your progress. So if you're like me and been playing the game casually over the two years since it's been around... everything you've achieved will be gone. Even various backup apps that save game progress won't work with these updates. I find that very unfair considering the time many people devote to this game. There should at least be a warning, but there isn't. So... those are the prices you pay for an ad free experience. I hope things improve down the line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the update?!, October 22, 2012
B. Rossow (Mankato, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
The Google Play Store got v2.3 back on 10/9. Why is it taking so long for Amazon to get the same update?! Very frustrating.

1.0 out of 5 stars For the 2nd time this year and update deleted my progress, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
Somehow, Amazon's update, which came out several months after it was released on other platforms (such as Google Play) managed to delete my progress for the 2nd time this year. This is inexcusable. All my other Angry Birds games were purchased from Google Play and not once have their updates resulted in the deletion of all my progress. I will be deleting the Amazon App store from my phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something has to be done about the updates, October 15, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
I cannot rate this higher until something is done about the update situation! After the absolute fiasco that was the AB Space update Amazon is now adding ridiculous delays to all updates.
Amazon blames Rovio, Rovio blames Amazon. I don't care! Somebody pick up the phone and talk to each other.
This is nuts!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, Do Not Download!, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
When the amazon appstore first opened, this was the first app I purchased and paid for. And I even bought the Mighty Eagle last week, which works as directed. But now, even though I though i was paying for the 'ad-free' version, I'm now getting notifications pushed to my device about the latest toon (which I had already seen). And trying to close the notification opens the app.

False advertising and a load of bull. I paid for the supposedly 'ad-free' version, and I'm getting push ads, the worst kind.

Do Not Download. And Do Not Buy. I paid for this version, and it's not even worth the price of free...

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!!!, March 22, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
finally ad free!!! and birds seem to fly way smoother! way worth the buy and the wait :) thank you for angry birds and Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't delete my scores, but it is now junk!, October 20, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
I finally bought the app a couple of months ago, but haven't played lately, just been updating when it says it needs to. Started it up just now and got hit with a cluttered screen TRYING TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF ME and some stupid slot machine bird random chooser or something. Why are all Android apps beginning to get bloated? Leave it alone and don't advertise on the damn screen. Ad free should mean free from ALL ads, including the developer.

I immediately removed this version and restored 2.2.0; thanks, but no thanks. As usual, another good app gone to hell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not actually ad free. False advertising!, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
This should be called Angry Birds (fewer ads). I agree with a previous review, companies should not be able to get away with this nonsense.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT UPDATE, August 5, 2012
Anne Estep (Hayward, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angry Birds (Ad-Free) (App)
Rovio, what's wrong with you? New updates erase all game data (Space too)! That's right! All your fans' hard work gone in an instant. Do you want us all to hate you?

Angry Birds (Ad-Free)
Angry Birds (Ad-Free) by Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
$0.99