5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Crafters
I quilt and go to classes with others. Everyone who has used this iron has been impressed. For the small size (great for hauling to classes) it performs as well as full sized units. Instead of always bringing out the big iron, this is nice for getting into those hard corners and is still good on big surfaces.
Published on December 22, 2009 by Small Town WI

2.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta Travel Iron, a candid report
Rowenta Travel Iron DA1560 purchased on Nov. 16th 2009

Good Points:
1. It is very compact and lightweight. Easy on the wrists. Easy to empty.
2. It has the vertical steam feature.
3. It has dual voltage for foreign travel 120v / 240v.
4. Comes with its own zippered durable storage pouch.

Bad Points:
1. It has a...
Published on July 9, 2010 by Mantis

2.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta Travel Iron, a candid report, July 9, 2010
Mantis (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rowenta DA1560 Travel Compact Steam Iron with 200-Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1000-Watt, Purple (Kitchen)
Rowenta Travel Iron DA1560 purchased on Nov. 16th 2009

Good Points:
1. It is very compact and lightweight. Easy on the wrists. Easy to empty.
2. It has the vertical steam feature.
3. It has dual voltage for foreign travel 120v / 240v.
4. Comes with its own zippered durable storage pouch.

Bad Points:
1. It has a microsteam stainless steel sole plate of 200-holes instead of 400-holes. Its tiny "burst of steam" is nowhere near the power of the locomotive, full-sized professional Rowena iron. It never pressed my cotton clothes well.

2. No 360 degree cord rotation. Always awkward ironing.

3. No spray mist feature. Bring your own spray bottle.

4. Small 2 oz. water reservoir means refill often. Good for two shirts.

5. Yikes! No automatic safety shut off.

6. Heating unit died before warranty ended. Short life span, less than a year.

7. Made in China, not Germany.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta needs to improve quality control, June 7, 2011
Rowenta used to make a good product and this would be a great iron for sewing and quilting. It's lightweight, achieves the temp I need, presses in small spaces, doesn't power off while I'm preparing a seam to press and steams nicely. It did everything I hoped it would do--for about a month. A few weeks ago it started out leaking water from the filling inlet in the handle, annoying because it gets your hand wet every time you iron, but tolerable. Then last night it just stopped working --no heat at all--and its not even two months old! I'm sure it's a manufacturing error, if anything this iron has been exposed to less than average use. Now I'm not sure I want to pay the postage to get it repaired if Rowenta's quality control has become so pathetic.

12/24/2011 Update I sent it back to the manufacturer and they replaced it with another iron that displayed the same problems almost right out of the box as the first one did--how disappointing. The worst part, they were clear the replacement had NO warranty, something I think is very unfair. Sorry to say, it will be a very long time, if ever, before I get another Rowenta product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Crafters, December 22, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta travel iron, October 18, 2009
After my old Rowenta travel iron died, I wanted another one. This one is great! I use it all the time when ironing fabric for quilting. My large Rowenta sits in the closet; this one is so much easier on my wrists and hands. Also, the myriad of steam holes is very nice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burned Up after 6 weeks of use, February 11, 2011
After reading numerous mixed reviews on Amazon, I bought this DA1560, Rowenta compact iron made in China as a replacement for its Rowenta predecessor made in Germany. It was a Christmas gift for my quilter/wife as a replacement for the 6 year old previous Rowenta version.The "old" version is no longer available in the USA that I could find after hours of searching. This "new version" spontaneously burned up while in use, with electrical type smoke coming from it, and after only 6 weeks of intermittent usage. Decreased steaming ability was noticed over the past 1 week and, yes, it had water in it.
My fears because of the lack of German manufacture were confirmed. I will try to contact Rowenta and see about an in-warranty replacement.
I would NOT recommend this iron. Let the buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Travel Iron, August 12, 2009
Philly Lawyer (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I bought this iron to take on vacation and it performed superbly. The numerous vents provided an exceptional amount of steam that took care of even the most stubborn wrinkles. The iron's compact size belies its power -- it could easily substitute for a full sized iron at home. The quality of this iron is outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Rowenta consumer, November 4, 2009
Fabulous little travel steam iron that heats quickly and equals the steam of a full size iron. Great for quilt retreats!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for quilter retreat, August 18, 2010
Skekina (Dripping Springs) - See all my reviews
I have always envied the other quilter's small irons while at retreat. This year I researched them all and for the money this is the best iron. At first I thought the no auto off feature would be a minus, but actually due to the fact that I bought this specifically for retreat where we make quilts from sunup to midnight, it was a plus. I would have been annoyed to constantly wait while it warmed up. The burst of steam is awesome. The input for pouring in water is designed well, no messes. In addition to use at my workspace, I took this iron over to the large ironing board to use in place of the big iron the retreat furnishes. It outperformed all the irons the retreat has. The handle at first seemed odd, but again in no time at all I adapted. I love this iron.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted!, July 6, 2011
This was a great iron while it lasted. I bought this iron in January and used it only moderately due to a very crowded couple of months. Yesterday I used it for the first time in 6-8 weeks and it was fine. Today I plugged it in, it made a popping sound and smoke started rolling out of it. Needless to say I unplugged it and declared it dead. Less than 6 months!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome tiny iron, September 25, 2009
I bought this based on reviews on external sites. I don't iron that much so I actually use it for everyday ironing not only travel and it works great! I was really impressed. It is practical not only because it folds up to a small size and is not too heavy but also it's size makes it easier to iron difficult items like womens shirts. I would recomend it for anyone who travels a lot but also for people who are learning to iron or don't iron large amounts of clothes. It is just as potent as a regular iron and the steam works great it is only smaller so if you are ironing sheets for instance it will take you longer to cover the large are.
It is also dual voltage this wasn't in the description but is important for travelers.