1,028 of 1,035 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Good performance so far
I work in the garment industry and have been using Rowenta irons (both at work and at home) for over 15 years. The best advice I can give anyone is that if you are going to spend the money for the Rowenta brand name, then make sure that the model you are buying says "MADE IN GERMANY". At one time all Rowenta irons were made in Germany, however several years ago as a...
Published on February 4, 2010 by BBaker

1.0 out of 5 stars Two irons in a row defective
This iron is good and sturdy. It is a bit on the heavy side, but that is okay. It has a "burst of steam" feature, and a sprayer (which I've not used yet). The burst of steam can be used in the vertical position. The sole shape is concave before the tip, which lets you get into small places. There is a control that lets you adjust the amount of steam you get. The...
Published on August 31, 2010 by David Jacobson

‹ Previous | 130 31 3283 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars LEAKS, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Auto-Off Steam Iron with 400-Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1700-Watt, Blue (Kitchen)
This iron started leaking after the third month and it does not hold the temp. I would not recommend this item at all!!

1.0 out of 5 stars It leaks, May 5, 2012
I purchased this item because of the great reviews. I sell clothing online and need a great iron. This Iron has been leaking water all over my clothing since the first time I used it. I should have returned it. The water marks are huge, not just steam. Also the temperature does not set properly. Today I burned a hole into a gown. I have been ironing for years, and this never happened before. One more comment, is in the design. It is hard to see where to fill the water. I need to discard this and purchase a different model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Rowenta, November 1, 2011
This is the second Rowenta I have owned and they don't last. Even if you pay a premium for their top of the line models, they don't stand the test of time. This one broke in less than 60 days. The cover to the water fill, one of the most used moving parts on the iron, broke and won't latch closed.

Headed to Consumer Reports for find a review I can rely on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our housekeeper loves it, August 14, 2011
This is a very embarrassing thing to admit, but I don't use this iron. Our wonderful housekeeper uses it. And when our old iron broke, I asked her what brand of iron she recommended, and she said Rowenta, so I bought the nicest and most expensive Rowenta that I could find, because our housekeeper is fabulous at ironing, and she irons all of of our clothes and sheets, and our lives are so much more wrinkle-free because of her, so I wanted her to have the best iron I could find that would make her job as easy as possible. She actually left me a note thanking me for the wonderful new iron that works great. That is the highest compliment I think this iron could get.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the cord?, July 31, 2011
We had a Rownta for many years and always thought it was worth the high cost of this $100 iron. So, when the old one wasnt getting it done anymore, I ordered a new one. Just got it and the cord is at least 3 feet shorter. That was one of the nice features of the old one that I could iron and watch TV. With this, you have to snug the ironing board up against the wall. I am sorry I paid $100 for a product that is being cheapened.

4.0 out of 5 stars Measure first, June 26, 2011
I received this iron today and it looked so great I couldn't wait to plug it in but when I went to my ironing board which is technically calleld a built-in 'ironing center,' I was disappointed to find I couldn't use it. The iron is too tall and too wide to fit on the shelf of my ironing center. I sent the iron back without even giving it a test drive, but it LOOKS like it would be a great iron. One more thing, it's pretty heavy as irons go, so if you consider such things when you purchase an iron, know that this one is no lightweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so nice to have a new shot of steam, June 23, 2011
This is my second Rowenta iron. My old iron gave up after 11 years of use. What a nice surprise I had today when I used my new iron for the first time. Now that's what I call a shot of steam. The iron glides like a breeze and ironed like a dream. The color looks great with my new Laura Ashley ironing board cover as well. It's so nice to have a new iron and ironing board cover, it make light of work that must be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Iron, October 2, 2014
Fantastic iron. The sole plate has so many holes for steaming clothes that it does an amazing job. Be aware that this iron is a little heavier than others and I like that. It means I don't have to press so hard to iron. Also, it will use a lot of water because of the 400 holes. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Now, I have just had it a little while so durability remains to be seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two things I don't like: 1, September 6, 2014
This iron is somewhat expensive but does its job very well: remove wrinkles. Two things I don't like:
1. cable is too short, you will need an extra cable if you want to move freely around the ironing board
2. water container is too small, that means too many frequent refill

Other than that, works very nicely. Weight is just right, not too heavy, not too light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta is very good, February 22, 2010
A Kid's Review
I am very pleased with my Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Iron so far. I owned a Rowenta before this one and that's why I bought another Rowenta iron to replace the old one. Very good product.

‹ Previous | 130 31 3283 | Next ›