Most helpful critical review
190 of 202 people found the following review helpful
Rowenta Travel Iron, a candid report
on July 9, 2010
Rowenta Travel Iron DA1560 purchased on Nov. 16th 2009
1. It is very compact and lightweight. Easy on the wrists. Easy to empty.
2. It has the vertical steam feature.
3. It has dual voltage for foreign travel 120v / 240v.
4. Comes with its own zippered durable storage pouch.
1. It has a microsteam stainless steel sole plate of 200-holes instead of 400-holes. Its tiny "burst of steam" is nowhere near the power of the locomotive, full-sized professional Rowena iron. It never pressed my cotton clothes well.
2. No 360 degree cord rotation. Always awkward ironing.
3. No spray mist feature. Bring your own spray bottle.
4. Small 2 oz. water reservoir means refill often. Good for two shirts.
5. Yikes! No automatic safety shut off.
6. Heating unit died before warranty ended. Short life span, less than a year.
7. Made in China, not Germany.