Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 5, 2016
I purchased a Rowenta for both ironing clothes and for sewing projects. Asked for brand recommendations on my Facebook page, and among friends that sew, this brand was definitely the stand out favorite. The first iron arrived with a jammed cord. Couldn't get it loose with all the tricks I'd learned using my other retractable cord iron. Rowenta couldn't help me over the phone, so I sent that one back to Amazon. Fabulous return service. The replacement was on it's way almost immediately. The problem iron was picked up, at my door, the next business day. The delivery driver actually delivered the new iron while picking up the old one.

I am in LOVE with this iron. There are so many steam holes on the bottom, and the nose of the sole plate slides into small areas. Steam is amazing. I read a lot of Amazon reviews before choosing to purchase. Some reviews mentioned issues with the iron sputtering. Others explained the problems were due to folks not following directions. That's the issue I see. Read and follow the directions concerning proper steam settings for the chosen temperature settings and life is good.

Another thing I noticed is that the power cord is substantially thicker than my old iron. I believe that's a good thing. It sure gets hot in a hurry. Haven't even set it to the full heat setting. The cotton setting, with the proper steam setting, did a great job getting stubborn wrinkles out of cotton quickly.
on February 5, 2016
can't say a bad thing about this one
on February 4, 2016
I own 2 Rowenta irons that are still going strong; they were made in Germany. My favorite is the one with the retractable cord; nice feature. I bought this for my daughter who does a lot of quilting. Within one week of using the new iron, the base leaked water all over her quilting fabric. Not good. Rowenta irons are now made in China. I will continue to take good care of the two I own and do not recommend this product. Sadly, all good things come to an end.
on February 3, 2016
I haven't used it yet, but you are demanding my rating with a lot of words. So here are some words. I really hate housework, but it must be done, as it is one of those things that is only noticed when it is not done. I do love the smell of starched/ironed clothing, and people really do look so much better in crisp clothing than in wrinkly rags. I wish I could iron out the wrinkles on my face. Is anyone reading this? Back to this iron, it certainly looks like a nice iron. My last one was a wedding gift, and lasted 35 years until my naughty cat knocked it off the top of the water-heater, where I keep it. It did not survive the long drop. I hope this one can last 35 years, or at least outlive that naughty cat.
on February 2, 2016
Love it
Does a great job
on February 1, 2016
this iron gets VERY hot, so be aware that the settings you're used to may be too hot for this iron. I have melted / burned a couple items in the first few times i used it.
on February 1, 2016
This product was great at first but now a few months later it is leaking and smells like something is burning. Kind of disappointed since I had heard such great things about this brand. I thought this would at least last us a few years!
on January 31, 2016
My sister loved this, said it was much better than the others she had purchased, plenty of options too.
on January 29, 2016
Great for me good product