4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good.
My old Rowenta died. Well, it fell on the floor and broke, so maybe it committed suicide. That old iron was easily the longest-lasting iron I've ever had. I find they don't last long, for me. Although maybe I am to blame, in that I never clean them out. Either way, I had a coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond and had to iron my clothes, so off I went...
They have...
Published on July 27, 2011 by Steve K

2.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta Standards Have Fallen
Published on August 11, 2012 by Elon Parkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., July 27, 2011
This review is from: Rowenta DW2090 Effective Comfort Auto-Off Cord Reel Steam Iron with 300-Hole Stainless Steel Sole Plate, 1500-Watt, Turquoise (Misc.)
They have a few choices there, and what I wanted was something decent that had a retractable cord. My old one didn't have the retractable cord, and storing it was a pain. This model was the only one in the store with a retractable cord, so I got it.
It's a powerful iron. Works very well.
Two things I don't like:
1) It's top heavy. Or something. Maybe the base is too small. TWICE right after I bought it, it fell off my ironing board while resting there. That was really annoying. The slightest bump to my board will send this thing to it's doom. I'm glad it still works after that. Annoyed me.
2) The water compartment is a dark blue, and so it's really difficult to see through and see the water level.
3) Because of the big back end, you can't quite get a feel for how small the actual ironing surface is, so as you iron you really need to pay attention to what you're doing.
OK that was 3 things. Nobody reads this anyway!
I DID like that it filled up with water OK. My old one would gurgle and spill a lot. The opening is still painfully small (WHEN will someone create an iron with an opening for the water that's bigger than my pinky nail!!?) It doesn't come with a water pitcher thing, but I still have my old one from several irons ago and use that just fine. The buttons for spray and steam and nice and big and I have no problem with them.
Overall I'm happy with it. We'll see if it stands the test of time. I iron a lot. What can I say, I'm a classy guy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Iron so far, June 12, 2011
Coming from sub $20 irons in the past, I decided to invest a little more money this time around with hopes that it lasts longer that a couple of years. I've heard about Rowenta and liked how this model has the retractable cord as well as the 300 steam holes and stainless steel plate. What a huge difference this iron makes compared to my old cheap "disposable" irons! This iron gets out creases that my old iron was never able to do. I'm no expert at ironing and perhaps the $100+ models might be even better, but for my purposes of ironing my work shirts this iron is perfect; I just hope it lasts.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta Standards Have Fallen, August 11, 2012
I purchased this iron to replace my Rowenta Professional (made in Germany) which served me for 7 years. A year later the cord reel function no longer works - big disappointment as this appeared to be the main selling point for the iron. Another quality issue also emerged recently - the power cord seems to be fraying from the inside just at the point where it enters the cord storage chamber. Not much I can do about it - the iron will not reel in the cord to stop it from constantly resting on the edge of the cord storage chamber. This Iron was made in China. Cheap labour. Lower quality. Do better Rowenta.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful iron, nice overall., April 27, 2012
I admit, I was really excited when I opened this iron. It has a gorgeous, sleek look and is heavy (compared to cheap Panasonic or other brands). Personally, I like a heavier iron, I guess I feel like I'm getting more for my money.

~~Update on this~~ I have noticed that it goes to auto turn-off while using, at first, I did not like this. But all you need to do - is start ironing again and it automatically comes on. Another thing I've come to love - while waiting for the replacement :) - is that it goes to auto-off when you leave it, but it's there waiting for you (unless you unplug it). Several times I came back into the room after a while...and all I did was start ironing! I didn't have to plug it in again. Not something I recommend if you aren't home, but I really like this feature. The steam works excellent. Very good steam. One thing I noticed...the auto off ink, has already worn off in less than a week. I'm still not 100% sold on this iron. It seems to have a few too many annoying issues, but is there a better one for the price? I don't like the Panasonic Alien Green one, otherwise I would have ordered that...then again, I heard it leaks constantly. Geez, what a frustrating experience.

It really does glide beautifully across fabric and one shot of steam does it for stubborn wrinkles. I think it is extremely sturdy and I'm not sure about the other person that had issues with it falling off her ironing board. I can't see that being a problem, unless your ironing board is lopsided. (which I have experienced a lot of those lately! So, get a really sturdy ironing board and hint...they are NOT at WalMart or Target, believe me. After 7 trips/returns, I'm sure of it!) Don't bother with Target Michael Graves...big mistake.

Anyway, as far as the iron, I don't know that it's worth $60, I hate to spend that much on an iron and so does my husband! Wow, does he ever! lol... The 300 hole stainless steel plate is fantastic looking. It's like a teardrop shape and it's very nice.

However, The turn dial is the same as any other iron out there and the steam switch is the same too. It does have two nicely sized buttons for the type of steam you want and it has a nice gray cord. However, the cord thing is another issue entirely. I pulled just some of the cord and tried to retract it and had issues immediately. After several tries of giving the thing a chance, I'm still having issues! I'm going to return this one and start over I guess. But it only gets one more chance! I'll update you on how the second one works out!

New update 5/11/12 - Received a new iron and it works much better. Retractable cord actually works now, but was showing signs of failure today. Hope it lasts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the trouble....by cheaper, it'll last longer, March 4, 2013
Worked well for the first 2 months then began leaking from the base and leaks a brown fluid. Customer service at Rowenta said it was bc I had hard water and advises me to buy spring water for my iron! I don't even buy spring water for myself. Also I have to send it to a repair location to be fixed...so what do I do in the mean time? I will go buy another cheap iron like before from Walmart use it for years and decide not to buy a higher end iron that doesn't hold up as well. Disappointed in the warranty department and the quality of the iron!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this iron!!, July 5, 2011
I like this iron. It is not heavy and the steam system works great. I like the cord retraction, but could have had a longer cord.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!, June 12, 2013
Had a Rowenta for years and it was good. This is one quit after 3 months. Rowenta says too bad. Ship it back at YOUR expense and then pay up to $50. to fix. What warranty? Bye bye Rowenta.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It...., January 9, 2012
I was skeptical at first, read too many different reviews about the product. Never had a Rowenta before, but I have to say I am very impressed. I love the awesome steam that it creates, plus, it cut my ironing time by half. My clothes now look like they just came out from the cleaners. Love it ! By the way the reason why I didn't give it a full 5 stars was due to the cord. It doesn't retract as smoothly as I would have hoped..but, then again, that is just my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked on day one, July 16, 2013
It says on the box that it has an "anti-drip" feature. Well, the iron dripped all over the first shirt that I ironed. My previous iron was a Rowenta. I had it for more than 10 years with no problems. Extremely disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't had a new iron in 27 years!, June 15, 2013
Mary Ellen Werner "Cosie3" (Risingsun, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I chose this iron for 2 features: auto shutoff and retractable cord. I am reasonably happy with this product, but the retractable cord, like most, isn't as sharp and doesn't snap the cord in; it seems to go a little at a time. The auto shutoff is great, but to turn it back on again, I have to move the heat setting dial. There is no off/on button. It works well, my last one had a Teflon surface, and I wondered about the stainless steel, but it's great. I recently ironed a piece of material that had Heat'n'Bond on it and it stuck to my stainless steel, but used rubbing alcohol and it came off. I do like this iron.