5.0 out of 5 stars High priced, very heavy-duty
Published on September 8, 2007 by David A. Schwarzkopf

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes two to set up and take down
Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board
I bought this board thinking that a premium price would guarantee a premium product, but such was not the case. Usually Rowenta means excellent quality, and this board looks great - the ironing surface is terrific, and it is as solid and heavy as a tank -thirty pounds, but feels like more because of the awkward shape...
Published on July 19, 2007 by Sarah Mandel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars High priced, very heavy-duty, September 8, 2007
David A. Schwarzkopf (living wherever the Navy tells him to.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
I generally try to purchase the best that I can afford, this ironing board qualifies. It is very heavy-duty in all regards. We used to have a cheapy model from the supermarket, what an upgrade. Our old one always left us wondering if it would tip with the iron on it. With the Rowenta there are no worries. One downside: the board is nowhere near light-weight; make sure you're able to lift the weight.

Update: After 2 weeks of use, the included cord started to short-circuit. I have a Rowenta Advancer iron, thankfully it was unharmed. The board is still great, but for the price, something better than a dollar store cord should be included.

4.0 out of 5 stars All You Need and More, August 29, 2007
Bikeman (Bethesda, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
Overall, a fine product that is superior in construction and easier to use than typical lower cost ironing boards. Very steady in use. Plenty of height adjustment.

I find that the wand that holds the iron cord above the board is marginally useful.

The supplied electical outlet (merely an extension cord) is not of the three pronged plug type. It is also located beneath the board so that plugging and unplugging the iron is quite troublesome. I replaced the supplied cord by fitting a standard three-prong extension cord; this required bending the metal clips that retain the supplied cord.

These two dubious features hardly seem worth the 1/3 greater cost compared with the IB6200 model in the Rowenta line. The IB6300 does have a somewhat different leg design and the legs are chrome-plated instead of painted steel--helping to justify the higher price.

The iron rack requires fitting by bending a metal tab--a simple adjutment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Ironing Board You Will Ever Buy, March 7, 2007
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
This is the mother of all ironing boards. It's built like a tank. Very sturdy and should last a long time. Rock solid, won't tip over. Large ironing surface. Plug and extension cord built into the board. Large side tray for Iron or Steam Iron machine. Has a cord minder that keeps the iron cord raised and out of the way of the ironing surface. It is heavy -- I weighed it at 28 lbs, however, there are two built in wheels at the bottom of one of the legs so you don't have to carry it around -- you can just wheel it across the floor sideways and easily. Nicely designed and engineered. I bought it because I was sink and tired of my cheap, lightweight ironing board.

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes two to set up and take down, July 19, 2007
Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board
The biggest problem is that it has dual release controls to raise and lower it and I found it would only release and move if I held both down simultaneously. This means means both your hands are on the controls and not only are you trying to release and set it, you are supporting its weight with your hands as you do so. Unless you have superb upper body strength you will have a hard time setting it up and taking it down without the assistance of another person unless you are willing to lower it completely to the floor and then pick it up again. The wheels are not a very useful feature either, as they only work when it is standing on end and fully closed.
If you never take your ironing board down this might not be a problem, but if you're like me and you like to take it out, use it and put it away when you're done with it, you could go crazy struggling with this monster.
I called Rowenta's customer service and they swore it should be easy to take up and put down, and that I should return it to Amazon, which I did. Amazon's shipping and return policies have been delightfully easy to use. I wish this ironing board was. I don't recommend it to the average user. In this case, Professional would appear to mean Professional Wrestler.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, very stable board, August 24, 2007
Skydog (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
Although this board is labeled as "professional," it will satisfy anyone who appreciates a well-built product. Somewhat heavier and larger than a typical ironing board, it provides excellent stability, a nice wide surface and the ability to adjust the height to the proper level (particularly for tall people), which is very important.

The adjustable shelf and hanging rack are handy features that will be appreciated. And despite one report of difficulties with size and weight, I find setting up or stowing the board to be simple and straightforward. The wheels are a great help, even to navigate on carpeting.

The first board, unfortunately, arrived with a broken cord minder but Amazon quickly and efficiently provided a replacement board. I must commend Amazon for their excellent customer service.

I am not a professional, do occasional ironing for myself, and only wish I had found this ironing board years ago!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, but also quite heavy., May 24, 2007
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
This is a good ironing board if you are wanting something heavy duty and far from the typical "rickety" type.

The board is quite broad and the pad allows plenty of steam to go thru.

I took one star away due to the platform/hanger in the back getting in the way of actually using the back of the board, which I used to iron the backs of my button up shirts on my other ironing boards.

I would have taken another away for the weight, but they added small wheels to ease moving.

I can suggest this board to anyone who wants a "beefy", stable ironing board. But If I could do it over again I would have invested in a deticated ironing station.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Board, May 14, 2007
J. Hart (Cripple Creek, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
This is a good ironing board. Very SOLID. It arrived with the cord minder part broken off, but I managed to find a bolt to make it work. My iron (which is a rowenta, advancer) does NOT fit well in the rest spot that is supposed to accommodate your iron, I keep making adjustments...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made The Best!, October 12, 2006
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
This product is extremely well made. Heavy gauge steel and welded joints. Very steady - opens very easily and is steady. High quality in every respect. It is heavier than most - that is offset by the smooth opening mechanism. It is clearly your monies worth. All the features work as described. Arrived in very good packaging to provide production during shipment. Just the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta- the best!, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
After having ironed many tablecloth's, napkins and bed linens on a
much smaller and not so sturdy and adjustable ironing board, this
ironing board is just ever so perfect for perfectly ironed linens.
The width and lenght and height adjustments are what makes the difference-
wish I had had this years ago when I had to do it all myself- now I can
train my housekeeper how to do it right- anyone looking for a super sturdy
and great ironing board, get his one! It is heavy but so are others that are
not nearly as well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., March 13, 2007
Louise Cummins (STANBERRY, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rowenta IB6300 Professional Ironing Board (Kitchen)
I think this board is great EXCEPT not for the weak person. It takes some strength to put it up and take down. For me, it's worth it. Love the extra width and shelf for storage and place to position the iron on the end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›