Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on July 18, 2014
I ordered four pairs of similar swim bottoms. Three Speedos and this one by Roxy, all in medium. The three Speedos were too big, the Roxy fit oerfect. I am 5'-4" and weigh about 112. All my excess fat is between my waist and my thighs. I had bought two Speedo racer style tanks last summer because I don't want or need any of the complicated bust support systems that other swim suits have. These tanks were from Amazon at an amzingly low price so I bought two and love them except for the high cut leg. I'm 61 and in good shape but the leg opening on the tanks is just a tad extreme for my age. I bought these Roxy board shorts to cover that high leg and they are perfect. Short enough for freedom of motion yet still
I feel that whole area of me is covered. I also like that the laces are dyed to match the fabric. As much as I love the look of the traditional contrasting color board short laces they belong on the young women. In these shorts I don't feel like I'm trying to seem young. The lace area is scaled down, not so wide and obvious as with the traditional board short. I hope they last through many summers.
on July 29, 2015
These shorts were great addition to my swimsuit. I no longer feel comfortable in a bikini bottom but often feel frumpy in a skort so I was looking for a cute bottom to wear to the beach that I could also wear in the pool (not just a coverup). These were perfect. I am 5'4" and the length was just as pictured here. As a size 4 I ordered the small and they fit just right.
on December 5, 2014
Super comfortable and are short without my butt hanging out. Love them.
on November 21, 2014
Love these - they keep their shape when wet, and dry quickly. I practically lived in them all summer. I bought two pair of black and also the blue. LOVE them!
on August 15, 2014
If the description were correct, we might have been ok... ordered twice, still too big for my 14yr old. She wears a 0 or 1/2. Has to be regular/women's size.
on August 29, 2014
The color is beautiful. The fabric seems nice. The cut / style is great. Surprisingly, there is NO lining. I'm not sure if I missed that somewhere or not, but the lack of a lining definitely earned a perk of the brow on first inspection. However, I always wear bottoms under my board shorts, so this is a non-issue for me and doesn't have any affect on my rating (3 Stars). I figured it was worth mentioning, though.

All in all I would have LOVED and 5-Stared these shorts if the size hadn't been so off.

My rating is based on the fact that these shorts run extraordinarily LARGE. I saw mixed reviews on size, so I figured I'd order my go-to in the S/M/L world (I still boggle over the fact that clothing companies refuse to acknowledge that I know my measurements well enough to use inches and *gasp* even centimeters but insist on "simplifying" things for me), and ordered a medium. Yes, I did receive a medium. Yes, I did double check the tags as well as the sewn in label; both read "M" and "MEDIUM". I was prepared for them to be a touch loose but nothing a few stitches couldn't fix. WRONG.

I was able to VERY EASILY slip these medium shorts on OVER the jeans I was wearing -- while the shorts were still velcroed closed. For the record, I did not unvelcro them at all. I literally pulled the shorts out of the bag, lofted a brow at the lack of a lining, boggled at how large they seemed, then said what-the-hell and decided to try them on over my jeans. Not a single velcro fiber was lost in this test, promise.

Granted, my size 5 (again, thank you clothing companies for simplifying things so my little female brain doesn't implode) jeans are a touch loose by the end of the day but I still had at least a good inch all the way around to wiggle my tooshie in these shorts. When I stopped holding the shorts up they actually fell halfway down my hips. Good thing I was still in my jeans and not on the lake... otherwise there would have been a lot more of me exposed than my family or I would have appreciated.

Given the size of these mediums, I honestly think I could have gotten away with ordering an XS.. even if I had to do a few squats first to break 'em in.

I'm returning these medium shorts for a refund as an XS isn't available.. otherwise I would have given these super cute shorts another shot (hence the 3-stars).

Just in case it's helpful:
- jean size: 5
- weight: aprox. 120
- build: athletic / slender (similar to the model in the product photo)
on May 26, 2015
Love these! I have worn them a lot. They may fit slightly big but not enough to go up from your regular size. I prefer my board shorts to be comfy and not hug my skin anyways. I am 5'4", 135ish and ordered an extra large. I have been wearing Roxy for a long time, teens, 20's and 30's and have noticed that the sizing tends to be geared towards teens/juniors. So I have adjusted my sizing accordingly since I have gotten older and now have more "curves" so to say than when I was younger.
on October 23, 2014
Ran small. Bought the XL. I'm pear shaped and wear a 10/12 on the bottom and a 6/8 on top. These were too tight. Had to return.
on October 15, 2014
They were a bit large but the drawstring helps. I'd go a size down.
on March 12, 2015