2,359 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My mom laughed at me....
Published on April 27, 2012 by Malkyore

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but....
Published on January 6, 2012 by Drug Waitress, RN

5.0 out of 5 stars My mom laughed at me...., April 27, 2012
Malkyore (Imlay City, Mi) - See all my reviews
An eternity of rough dollar store sheets have left my skin an uncultured mess. Me and my roommate (both of us guys) went searching for twin size satin sheets in every store in real life and found none. Our sadness was unbearable.... Then we found these, and bought them with no hesitation on an impulse on a Thursday, and let me tell you: BEST. SHEETS. EVER. I site no prior experience, and have tried no other satin or silk sheets, but i can say that these are easily the best sheets i have ever owned. Sleeping on anything else is tantamount to sleeping on sandpaper, my life is now complete, somebody kill me before something bad comes and detracts from all this awesome.

The only downside is when I went home this one time, they were in my laundry bag, and my mom washed them, and then she laughed at me.

Also, you slide around on them a lot...

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 15, 2009
I absolutely LOVE my new satin sheets! Other reviews I read before purchasing spoke of the dye on the mattress and whatnot, but if you wash the sheets before putting them on your mattress, you shouldn't have any dye problems. Matter of fact, the insert that comes with the sheet set recommends that you wash them first. After I washed them, they were still soft and absolutely wonderful!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but...., January 6, 2012
The color and quality were as described. These sheets felt so smooth and slippery like you are sleeping on, well, satin. We put the sheets through one wash/dry cycle alone before using (it takes 15 minutes or less to dry), but I would recommend at LEAST three wash cycles before using. They still "bled" and made our white pillow protectors red, as well as our white duvet a pinkish color. Our fault I guess. Amazingly, it spared our mattress and that was not affected. Also, as soon as you put weight on the mattress the corners slip up and off so by morning the mattress corners are exposed... Perhaps getting a size up from whatever mattress you have. I bought queen size for a queen mattress. Perhaps a king size would allow extra fabric and slippage?

3.0 out of 5 stars QUALITY COULD BE BETTER, May 14, 2011
DEBBIE RAMIREZ (Long Beach, California) - See all my reviews
The quality of this sheet set is just okay for the price, but I won't sugar coat it. These are cheaply made. There are better buys out there for just a few dollars more.
Fades slightly with each wash and stitching may unravel ( also noted small "runs" in the weave ), becoming more noticeable within a few washes. In addition, the material pills after awhile. I'd say the honeymoon is over in about 2-3 months of use at best. Good for use during heat waves, spare rooms, etc. but not as an every day sheet set that will be slept on constantly.
BOTTOM LINE:
Just OK. So silky, I loved these until they began to show the signs of just how low budget they really are.
I ordered another brand from shop bedding dot com yes they are more expensive but the quality is totally superior - to even higher end department store satin sheet sets. No slipping no fading and best of all no pilling. I just wish I would have ordered those in the first place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but stains!, October 21, 2007
The sheets have stained my mattress cover and other colored pillowcases. Very disapointing. They are "luxurious" though, for fake satin. There are even black handprints on my wall (happened while changing the sheets). Ridiculous. Even after washing them twice they still stain. But it's too late now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel nice, but sheets stain the bed, January 11, 2008
These are the first satin sheets I've ever used, so I don't know how they compare to other brands. I liked them. They are comfortable to sleep in. The only problem I had was that they stained the mattress cover. Not a huge problem since no one will ever see it, but it was disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars After a few washes sheets not to bad..., January 9, 2008
****Updated many months later. I still use the sheets and would buy them again. The only thing is wash them 3 or 4 times and they get much better.
But its impossible to use the pillow case as it is so slippery. If you keep all this in mind they are not bad sheets, its the best price I found for sheets like this, and wow I can't even believe I got them for only $10 on some super sale,that was in December, 2007. Just get them when they are $10 to $20 and you will be happy. I actually bought more of these sheets for $17 in different colors. I would rate this item higher today.

Below is what I wrote after trying the sheets out for a week. I was a bit harsh but they do get better the more you wash:

I bought these sheets when they were only $10 here on amazon.
For $30 they seem to be a rip off. I have had other satin sheets and in this case you can tell they are lower quality.

They tend to be a bit rough and almost slippery, I wish they were softer. The thread count on the packages says 230.

I have had them for a week and I am still wondering whether to take them off or maybe I will get use to it, or if they will change over time.

I would recommend them if they go back down to $10 but for $30, they are not worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT Not one problem for over a year!, December 22, 2007
TwinzMom (New Haven, CT) - See all my reviews
I have this product in King size the gold and red color, They look so nice and compliment my bedroom nicely. I have had my set for over a year now with no problems at all no frays, rips, stains or runs. For cheap priced sheets they do the job and are softer than i expected! Great buy and even better with Amazon Prime for free shipping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, silky, smooth..., October 25, 2011
I love these sheets! I ordered 2 sets, one in gold and one in burgundy. They are absolutely "dreamy". I have a queen size bed with a pillow top mattress plus a featherbed so I decided to buy the king. Glad I did. There is plenty of extra material to go around without the bottom sheet fitting too tight and the top too skimpy. Wonderful to cuddle in! I have no problem with slipping or sliding, just a soft, silky and smooth feeling. I do have king size down pillows, another reson why I orderded the larger sheets because 2 pillow cases would have cost me almost as much as the sets. I think the price for these is more than reasonable and after washing them several times, the quality remains unchanged. They go in the washer (I use cold water) and in the dryer on regular cycle. No shrinking or fading, just as beautiful as when I bought them. Also, they dry in about half the time as my Egyptian Cotton sheets. another little saving! Very, very satisfied with this purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad, depends on what you're looking for..., July 10, 2012
First, I will confess that the main reason I got these were because they were black and due to the material type I figured they could clean up more easily as they wouldn't absorb stains or spills like cotton. I have been on the hunt for decent bed sheets for a while and ultimately decided on these for a variety of reasons.

1. My wife and I are on different sleep schedules. I work out in the garage late at night and sometimes don't have time to clean up properly just before bed and being in the garage means I get dust and dirt on me. Now that I admitted that you can see why a light colored sheet is not feasible for me.

2. We simply wanted something different. It gets hot in our bedroom as it is in the upper level of our home. Even when the air is turned on to 73 degrees in the summer time our bedroom can reach as much as 80-82 degrees with my wife and I in there with the door closed. Leaving the door open is not an option, we like our privacy, especially with the kids. We figured these sheets would perhaps at least keep us cooler in the evening due to the materials and based off of some reviews.

For starters, some people have complained that the sheets stain. Let me clarify here that on the back of the packaging it says to wash the sheets without anything else before using. I would assume that the main reason for this is to release the sheets of any extra dye. Some users have claimed that the sheets get softer after doing this a couple of times too, I wouldn't know just yet personally but will keep you updated.

The material itself is something completely different than the cotton sheets we've been used to. I don't know if that's what is specifically making it hard to figure out whether we like these sheets or not, but I gave it the 3 star rating because sometimes we love them, sometimes we don't. They are very slippery and like to glide all over the place. Don't try making the bed if you have a fan circulating air in your bedroom because the flat sheet will constantly glide right out of place over the fitted sheet. If you are wearing slippery clothing forget it. My wife has a similar material night gown and sat on the edge of the bed on the second evening of ownership and slid right off! Most people would complain, some would try and sniff out a lawsuit, personally, we thought it was funny.

My main complaint about these sheets is even though they are silky they kind of curl up, crinkle up, and stick to your body if you sweat at all during your sleep. I'll admit that I think I am trying to like them more than I really do because in my opinion they are cool in the "wow, that's awesome" sense. I feel sort of pimp'ish every time I walk into my bedroom and I suppose they would be great to spice up intimancy in the bedroom. But, if you've grown accustomed to cotton I'd just recommend sticking to that. Hope this helps, but just like just about anything, it's a product that has it's pros, and a product that has it's cons.

Royal Opulance Luxurious Satin Queen Sheet Set,Ivory