SquareTrade 3-year Office Protection Plan ($50-$75)from SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Royal PX1000MX 10-Sheet CD/Floppy Cross Cut Shredder with Pullout Basket (White)
|Price:||$59.95 + $8.70 shipping|
|You Save:||$40.04 (40%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Royal Machines PX1000MX White Shredder 10-Sheet Cross Cut w/CD/Floppy/Pullout Basket
- Platinum Series Medium Duty Cross-Cut Shredder
- Shreds Up to 10 Sheets at a Single Pass
- 5/32" x 1 1/4" Shred
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Very quiet compared to other shredders of same capacity (I have another from staples which is noticeably louder)
- Shreads 8 - 10 sheets without any problem (no jamming or slow down)
- Shreads CD/DVD's, Credit Cards, Sheets with staples
- Looks great - (looks like one of those milky white apple accessories)
- Fair size basket with see thru screen (lets u know if the basket is full)
- Comes with 4 rolling tires. You can easily roll the shreader on floor (if you dont want them dont install, they are optional but they do come in the same box)
- Great price Cost**
- Waste Basket feels like as if it made of cheaper plastic (need to push it very slightly for snug fit) - But it is not troublesome in any way.
I had no sensor issues as other reviewer mentioned. Infact the basket need to lock in from the top not bottom. And the lock on top fits very nicely.
Overall a great shredder with nice clean lines and a powerful motor. Definitely recommended for home use.
Update: Dec 2010
This shredder is still working great, no jams - no issues at all in more than a year of normal home use.
Edit Feb 9, 2013: Still going strong. I might run some oil soaked newspaper through it if it has any problems, but so far I haven't had to do anything.
To start off it can barely handle 5-6 pages at once without sounding like it will choke. I've overheated the machine twice already (owned it for a week) so read the instructions carefully on how long you can use it at once. If you're still shredding after 8-10 minutes you'd better take a break.
The plastic construction is fine but the biggest problem of all is the capacity. The drawer is a tiny compartment that holds less than a bathroom wastebasket. It won't work unless the drawer is closed so forget about rigging up another container.
There is a window in the drawer to show you when it's full but the paper tends to stack up out of view so keep checking your progress. You'd better also have the vacuum handy because emptying this thing is a problem. When you have a full container (and not to the top either) and open the drawer there is always some paper hanging around at the top sticking to the output slot. When the drawer comes out, the paper drops down right onto the housing and frequently on the floor. The best way I've come up with is to just shred on a towel or tarp and clean it up at the end.
Honestly, there has to be a better design than this one. I can't believe the designers make shredders so small like we would only shred a page or two at a time. A shredder designed to put right over a full-sized trash can would be well received!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
JUNK lasted less than two months. Vendor nonresponsive about waranteePublished 14 days ago by Kathleen Gewalt
I bought this shredder 5 years ago and I've had trouble with it that entire time and it finally died on me. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jen-Y
I like this shredder, but I can't figure out how to get the waste recepticle out of it without dumping shreds in the bottom of the shell and all over the floor.Published 2 months ago by M. Iddings
Was exactly what I wanted and surprised me when it was much quieter than the one it replaced.Published 4 months ago by Record Collector
Do not waste your money! Shredder jams often. On occasion it will run for a while and then stop, where I have to keep pushing the forward button to get it through. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
The very worst shredder ever! Does NOT shred 10 pages at a time - maybe 3 or 4. The bin gets stuck making it extremely difficult to empty and it scatters paper bits all over the... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Chris G
I bought this because a client of mine has the same one. I was so glad to be able to find it here on Amazon. I love the look of it, the white color. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Amazon Customer
This machine looks great, but it ends there. It does not take 10 sheets and it grunts at 5. If using the reverse, the shreds back up between the cutters and upper case. Read morePublished on July 9, 2013 by J. DAVIS