Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 5:50:31 AM PDT
Is Rodriguez collecting any royalties from this film, the soundtrack, or sales from "Cold Fact" or "Coming from Reality" since SugarMans release?

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 1:04:45 PM PDT
Dustin Burt says:
From what I have read he is getting royalties from the Sony pictures movie soundtrack release.

Even knowing that I would still recommend getting the two digital versions of Cold Fact and Cumming From Reality albums because every song is worth owning. I specifically recommend the bonus tracks from the end of Coming from Reality.

These tracks were to be included in Rodriguez's third album that was never released. It is a shame that album was not completed.

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 7:46:39 AM PDT
I too am curious about royalties from the two Sussex albums. My understanding is that Blue Goose Music owned the Australian rights, and presumably their compilation album "At His Best," but how does that apply to digital music sold nowadays internationally? And in the U.S., does the IRS still own the rights to the Sussex stuff due to back-tax issues from the mid-70s?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Searching for Sugar Man
Searching for Sugar Man by Rodriguez (DVD - 2013)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (1,144)