on July 28, 1999
I thought I was buying a book on bee hive products besides honey. Instead I read about a lifestyle that was so strange to me I couldn't stomach finishing the book. The book goes in to great detail about a lifestyle having nothing to do with products from the hive, like exercising hours a day, eating raw meat and checking your bowel movements each day. I am sending the book back to Amazon and have never sent a book back before. I have never written a review before so I am not that critical of a person.
on February 12, 2016
This has little to do with bee hive products and is mostly the author grandstanding about what great shape he's in, since he makes his own food and exercises all day. Good for you, but I've got a real job.
on November 18, 2015
Received this in EXCELLENT condition. Great addition to my library of bee books.
on October 27, 2015
So much information in this book im enjoying this so much
on September 14, 2013
Wanted a book that would give details of studies done on bee products. This fit the bill. Lots of references at the end of the book about where studies have been done.
on July 26, 2012
I loved this book! It has chapters that clearly educate and inform about honey, bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly. After reading the book, I found a local bee keeper and have just started using pollen and royal jelly. I tried the allergy remedy on my daughter after she had pet a neighborhood cat (she's horribly allergic).Instead of giving her the usual-Benadryl--I gave her a spoonful of raw honey with just a little bit of pollen sprinkled on top. She was a little hesitant, but took it and within 15 minutes, all sneezing, watery eyes etc had stopped! And she wasn't sleepy like she normally was after giving her the usual medicine! I'm looking forward to adding more bee products to our family's diet.
on May 13, 2001
The only sections of this book that are great are the ones that talk about the value of Bee Pollen, Propolis, and Royal Jelly. These are very illuminating and are a terrific resource. The stuff about Mr. Brown and his lifestyle are just awful - fuggetaboutthem!! This book, although very "over-enthusiastic" hits the mark on the value of these products and why we should use them.