4.0 out of 5 stars Rubbermaid a nice little grill brush!
This is a good barbeque grill brush. It is inexpensive, has brass bristles, and a metal scraping blade at the top. The black handle is plastic. The face of the brush is decent size, about 3" x 3".

Published on May 20, 2011 by B. Colonna

1.0 out of 5 stars Bristles break off
Have used this brush for 2 months and the bristles keep breaking off, getting on the grille surface and into the food. Must be extremely dangerouis. Just threw it out because I don't know of any way to fix this issue.
Published on September 16, 2012 by Trixie

1.0 out of 5 stars Bristles break off, September 16, 2012
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!! The wires will fall off into your food!, September 9, 2011
Wilma (Odessa, Florida, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy this brush! After we cleaned our grill with it, we noticed many of the wires from the brush had fallen out and onto our grill, as well as onto our food. This brush should be recalled!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!, June 29, 2012
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
On its 5th use a clump of bristles came out of the head & onto my grill gratings. DO NOT BUY! No quality control.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rubbermaid a nice little grill brush!, May 20, 2011
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)

At a little over 10" in length it is shorter than many grill brushes. But at this price, and for the performance of brass bristles, I find that to be a good trade-off. Most manufacturers have switched from brass to stainless steel bristles. The steel bristles will be as durable, and will clean just as well, however they will be more harsh than brass on your grill surface and will scratch some grills.

The length of this brush is not important to me since I scrape the grill just after cooking, but more often the next time I get ready to grill, so the surface is not overly hot when I attack it. If you tend to clean the grill while it is still very hot, the shorter handle may bother you. While cleaning toward the back of the grill, your hand will be closer to the hot surface due to the short handle. If you prefer a brush with a longer handle, I think there are still a few out there with brass bristles. I am pretty sure Kitchenaid makes one that is about 17" long, but typically costs more than twice what the Rubbermaid does.

The face of the Rubbermaid brush makes it easy to fit in the corners and toward the back of the grill, and the scraper will fit nicely between the rungs on most grill surfaces.

Cleaning the brush is what you would expect, and over time the bristles build up some gunk and become bent/worn. That is the nature of a brass grill brush. At this price, you could get a couple and be set for a few seasons.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for/beware of eating bristles, September 13, 2011
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
I bought this one because I saw the good reviews here. Good brush for about 3.5 months. After that it started losing bristles all over the grill surface. I'm just glad I noticed them before ingesting them and I certainly wouldn't buy another because of this health hazard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle Too Short, June 27, 2012
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
The handle is too short. You'll burn your arm over a hot grill. Not much more to say. Buy a brush with a longer handle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Small for Big Jobs, June 30, 2013
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
Maybe I was fooled by the picture -- but this scraper is tiny ... not very useful to folks who grill out a lot (or to folks with big hands)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good brush, August 27, 2012
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
This is my first review I've written. I'm writing this due to the overwhelming lack of quality of this purchase.
The bristles on the brush are clumpted together and go in little holes in the brush. The bristles fan out from the holes they are inserted to making a fairly wide spread of bristles. Well almost 8 of the clumpted together bristles have fallen out on the first use. Maybe I'm rougher than most (doubt it) but I would not recommend this product! Buy cheap >> Get cheap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little brush!, May 25, 2010
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
I was able to find this brush locally at Ace Hardware. A steal compared to comparable brushes. I do wish it were longer, but for the price, I'll deal with that. I also like that it's BRASS bristles for my Weber SS grates...so many brushes (even Weber's) use SS now which are harsher than the brass.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product, May 19, 2014
This review is from: RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
The bristles started falling off after one use. I would not recommend this product. I guess you get what you pay for.

RubberMaid #G100-12 BBQ Grill Brush (1)
$5.99 $5.95