Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rubbermaid 1G16M6CSHM Evolution Large Sink Mat, Cashmere
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on April 7, 2011
I purchased a mocha colored e-granite sink recently and wanted to protect the bottom of the sink when I wash pots and pans. So I began to search for a brown sink mat. This was the only one I found that was brown and that was a good size for my one bowl sink. The mat itself measures 13"x16" which for some unknown reason is not listed in the description on Amazon. The mat has a series of small and larger elongated openings to allow the water to drain. It does not have a circular area to cut out for the actual sink drain but I do not mind that at all. It also has little peg feet all over the bottom of the mat to raise it up. I sometimes leave it in the sink after I am done doing the dishes but the dried water spots show a bit so I usually take it out. The mat is semi-flexible but not limp. It has a nice firmness to it. It is what I was looking for so I am very happy with the purchase. The color goes very well with my sink color.
on April 2, 2009
I used clear plastic mats before I bought this black one. The clear ones have staining problems especially tomato paste. This black one has no staining issues, does not smell, and is mildew resistant. I have had mine for over a year, and it still looks great.

I also bought the middle protector. Because of my sink size, I had to cut the bottom of the protector about 1 1/2 inches to fit my sink which also cut a couple of the sink suckers. At first the protectors worked well, but now the remaining suckers aren't sucking well to the sink. It's probably getting worn, and I need to buy new ones.

Bottom line, the black mats are a great buy. The middle protectors won't last as long as the mats, but still a good buy.
on March 6, 2012
We have a cocoa brown sink and it was difficult to find a mat that would match the color but this was as close that I could find. It's roughly 13" x 15" which is fairly large, and doesn't have a cut out for the drain so it will fit sinks with openings off center as well as centered. It has an adequate number of "nubs" on the under-surface which keeps it off the drain bottom allowing adequate drainage. It is fairly rigid also and is more in line with a plastic and not rubber. It does flex, however, to adapt to the slight depression in the sink bottom, but I still had to trim and round the corners for it to fit properly. All in all, I think it's a good product and I would buy it again given the color of our sink as well as the size.
on July 17, 2012
When I first received the item I was a bit disappointed that it was more gray than black like it said it was, more transparent. HOWEVER, that said, this item is quality and stands up to its trademark of mildew-resistant and looks clean all the time. I like the fact that there are enough drainage holes for water to run through and it never gets water spotted, etc. I originally bought it to hide a somewhat discolored sink bottom and while doing this, it also provides great function. I am very pleased with this product!
on March 3, 2012
Got this mat for my café brown blanco sink. The colour is darker than my sink but it doesn't jar on the eye. I push it to one side of my sink (it's a large rectangular basin-type) and use it as a holding mat for my china while I rinse and wash them under the faucet. It's not the same size as my sink so it does leave the drain free to wash food debris down so that's a plus, though, it would be nice to get one large rectangular mat to fit the entire sink. There are bumps like little feet on the underside of this mat which keep it up off the floor of the sink, this allows the water to sluice stuff from underneath, stops a food swamp from forming. The slots in the mat do catch food though, if they were smaller they might not, but overall it does a great job. The big plus for me is that this mat does not show tea stains, other mats that I have had have shown tea and coffee stains and despite being clean they looked grubby after a while. This mat looks as good as it did the day I put it in the sink, it's not showing any signs of wear and tear, and I scrub it every day. Two thumbs up. Gave it four stars only because of the size, would really like to get a larger rectangular one that would fit my large sink.
on January 30, 2012
These hard to find mats works as designed. The color matches the rest of my appliances and kitchen aides. I love the way they protect my expensive kitchen sink. Way to go, Rubbermaid!
on July 21, 2011
These are excellent. They have raised rubber on bottom that keep the mat from sticking to sink bottom. Keeps food from sticking and water drains easily. Well made. No odor.
on July 13, 2013
The product is great. And I ended up ordering two of these large ones. The color of the large is a dark grey (some have called it brown). It is NOT black (as it might appear from the picture).

I'm satisfied with the design and the color.

What did not satisfy, however, was the suggestion of Amazon to pair it with a small one. The small one is BLACK! So if you want one black and one dark grey, fine. But if you assumed, from the pictures, that both were the same color, well... you will be disappointed.

I actually checked with an Amazon employee (Amazon has terrific customer service in my book!) - and she verified that I had ordered two different colors. But too late! The order was already on its way. (To Amazon's credit she offered to send me a voucher for a return, but right now I'm too swamped to do more than issue this warning to other buyers.)

If you have one large sink, as I'm going to have in the new place, don't pair this one with a small one, cuz the small comes in black and in a large sink the difference would be so noticeable. Instead, just order two in large. You can easily cut one to fit.
on January 8, 2014
I have used this mat for a few months and they stand up very well. I bought this style primarily for the peg feet. I have black granite sinks and wanted something that would not stick to the sink and allow water to flow underneath the mat to reduce potential odors. I found the large size to be slightly larger than my sink, but I was able to trim the edges with a scissors just enough to fit in the sink.
on July 1, 2013
I originally bought a white one, but it showed stains (from onions, carrots, etc...) all the time. So, when that one ripped, I decided to buy a black one. I LOVE IT! While still having antimicrobial protection, stains don't show. Every day it looks new! It fills our large sink perfectly and the water drains really well through all the holes and the raised feet on the bottom.