5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a nice mash tun
Converted this into a mash tun to use in the brewing of beer. It's been used to hold boiling or hot water and has held up well. Slight warping from the heat but not very much. I find it loses around 3-5 degrees F for a one hour mash. It's a little on the small side but big enough.
Published on February 20, 2011 by D. Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars screw top rocks, leaky faucet stinks
I simply love the fact that if this cooler gets dumped out of the truck or boat or off the porch, that nothing spills out. The screw-top lid is the most secure of all.

Published on August 18, 2010 by T. W. Patton

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a nice mash tun, February 20, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars screw top rocks, leaky faucet stinks, August 18, 2010
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)

But the problem is with the spigot design. When the rubber "cover" gives out, you've got a leaker. What a bone-head design. I'm going to seal up the spigot hole as I don't use this cooler for water anymore. It was used for that for a couple of years, then became my camping/fishing/truck cooler. Now it is side-lined until I repair (permanently) the leak.

I'll buy Igloo the next time i want one of these type coolers-especially if I want to depend on it as a water cooler. But also note that I'm very hard on coolers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for what you need, October 21, 2009
Running Man (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
I purchased three Rubbermaid 5 gallon water coolers for use with our running group. We use them every weekend and haul them all over the place filled with water and/or sports drink. My only complaint is the lids will leak even if they are screwed down correctly and tight if they fall over. If you don't put the lids on right, they will also leak while hauling them about as the liquid splashes inside the container. The lids sometimes take a time or two to screw on correctly as the threads don't always line up correctly the first time. Insulation is ok, about what you'd expect from a cooler like this. All in all, very pleased with the product as it has held up well over the last year of being hauled all over the place. One last thought, make sure you unscrew the lid slightly when you're ready to use as it will sometimes create a vacuum which will keep the spigot from flowing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for field / heavy duty use, August 4, 2009
JMW (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
We use these water coolers to provide water areas on the outside fields. They're easy to clean, and are sturdy enough to handle tons of day camp kids and staff. I've bought these for years, and will continue to do so if one breaks (Usually caused by someone knocking off the dispenser in front).

5.0 out of 5 stars it's good, November 1, 2010
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
Ugly orange - but extremely functional.

Had to replace one (its spout broke due to too much traveling - we'repretty hard on them) - I didn't even look at another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 7, 2013
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
I use this for when I go where there is no running water. It did the job. No leaks. However, I have found similar water jugs cheaper at Home Depot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dump on coach, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
It holds everything from drinks to ice. The build quality is nice, and I have had no issues with my cooler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as ordered., February 23, 2013
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
Classic sports cooler. Sturdy. The typical standard ice and water container. Perfect for teams or for check points at running events.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cooler., December 18, 2012
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
Sturdy enough. Top is easy to remove. I have seen no leaking issues so far, whatsoever, and it gets some pretty harsh use. The handles are on there good as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for hot liquids too!, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Rubbermaid 20 qt. Water Cooler (Sports)
We bought this to hold hot water for an event for Thanksgiving to feed those without a home. I was not sure how this would hold up so I made sure to put boiling hot water in it. To my surprise this thing kept the temperature perfect! Very happy!

ARRAY(0xd8b2a164)