Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rubbermaid - Step Stool With Mold Tread, (12.5 x 15.5 x 9.5 in),White,300lbs
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 21, 2012
This RUBBERMAID ROUGHNECK STEPSTOOL stands 9-1/2" off the floor, which is just the right amount of extra height I need for reaching the top shelves in storage units, bookshelves, and kitchen cabinets. I'm only 5' 4" tall, so I actually have three of these in current use: one in the garage, one in my office, and one in the kitchen.

The stepstool platform is a generous 9" by 12", which means it is comfortable for an adult to stand on. Because it is actually just a simple step, it takes up little storage space, and it's easy to grab when I need it. The stepstool is lightweight, but incredibly solid and sturdy. The stepstool is also virtually indestructible. My first RUBBERMAID ROUGHNECK STEPSTOOL, which I bought years ago, still looks new except for a few cosmetic scratches.

Rubbermaid makes a similar, smaller Step Stool, which looks almost exactly like this one in Amazon's product photos. The smaller--and sometimes cheaper--stepstool will support an adult's weight, but it is really more appropriate for a child's use. Not only is the platform smaller, it stands only 7-1/2" off the floor. So if you're looking for a basic adult-size stepstool, be sure to check the measurements in the product descriptions.
on August 1, 2009
I have 8 of these. This stool is unobtrusive and feels like it will last forever. It's Great for general use and storage. The 9" height is just good for many of my needs.

The 12" version is much more versitile. I love to sit on it for shop projects. It is amazing what a 3" height difference can make. But it is considerably bigger than the 9".
on May 8, 2009
I love these little stools! We have two in our house. They're very sturdy and can hold an adult's weight easily without breaking. They're light weight to carry and stack too so they don't take up too much space when you're not using them.

In the past they made these little stools with a rubbery surface that was glued on but that that would eventually come off of the stools and then the surface of the stool would be all smooth and you might easily slip if you were using the stool in a bathroom or somewhere where the stool might get wet. I'm glad they switched to making the stools with the built-in textured surface on top instead.
on May 20, 2013
Pleasantly surprised by quality and sturdiness of this stool. I bought it for my kitchen because I'm getting older and my balance isn't what it used to be. I live in a retirement community and have seen far to many broken hips among my friends. This seemed like a good investment, so good that I bought one for my bedroom/ bathroom!

Definitely worth the money and it's made to last forever.
on May 12, 2014
I purchased new bedding and found I could not get up onto the mattress because of my shortness! This stool is sturdy and well worth the price. I may spray paint it at some point but for now it is on a side of the bed that cannot be seen unless someone steps across the room.
on May 10, 2010
After am exhaustive search locally with no results, it was a distinct pleasure to be able to easily purchase 3 with no hassle from Amazon. These were replacements for ones that has lasted for many years and were accidentally damaged. They arrived promptly and in good condition.
on June 25, 2015
This is the second one I have bought in 28 years....and it is exactly the same as the first one I bought ! Doesn't skid on wood or tile floors. I use this one on a side of my new bed mattress/box spring that is so high off the ground. I am 5 ft. 3" and got tired of having to do a running catapult to maybe land on top of my mattress. Wanted an antique Empire bed two step stool but I live in Texas and an antique here is 50 years old! This was a sensible and inexpensive solution. Works well to reach top shelves in closets too. Well made. Not a work of art but sturdy and functional.
on May 13, 2016
Just what I was looking for. This is so handy to reach the top shelf of our 42" cabinets in the kitchen. It is also very useful for our young son to stand in the kitchen and help me. Very well made, it is of sturdy Rubbermaid plastic and has little rubber feet on the bottom edges so that it is secure and does not slide around on surfaces.
on March 18, 2014
I wanted a nice sturdy little stool for my kitchen. It is too much trouble to always have to drag the step stool in from the garage. This little stool slides into my pantry and can be pulled out quickly and easily. It gives me access to the top shelf of my pantry and to the other top shelves in my kitchen. Being "under tall" I simply cannot reach these areas and usually just gave up rather than have to go find the step stool. This stool is pure white and seems very sturdy. I'm very pleased.
on February 3, 2015
I was so happy to find this stool! I cannot find it in the stores I shop at anymore. I've been using them for at least 25 years. I have several outside...I sit on them while gardening. I have several in the house so I can reach high shelves without getting the step ladder out.