Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 4, 2014
I have waited since Ruben Studdard won AI for this album. AI kept making him do rap and faster songs but no romance was in it. Smoothness and that voice won Ruben the title of American Idol and of course his sweet personality. I knew David Foster would put him on the right track. This is why Ruben is called the velvet teddy bear. What a smooth and romantic voice. Love this CD!!!
on February 5, 2014
I had to sit there and hit replay a few times on the first cut as soon as I purchased the album. This is what we have been missing from music today. Take a bow Mr. Studdard, you deserve it. My favorite cuts right now are "The nearness of you" and "Meant to be" (of course). If you love real music, you will love this.
on February 4, 2014
I'd like to first say that Ruben is right. This is the album that he should have made right after idol. Unfortunately, sometimes record labels and head honchos don't always know how to market an artist. While Ruben has had some success with previous releases, they didn't live up to the expectations of an AI winner.

Fast forward to Unconditional Love. This is a fantastic release for Ruben. He has surrounded himself with some incredible artist, but is now under the tutelage of David Foster. This release has many gems. What I like about it is there are songs that you may have forgotten about like the Boz Scaggs "Love, Look what you've done to me". He did an awesome job of covering a song that perhaps noone has ever covered. The song "My Love" is like a remix to the original. I really like how it didn't conform to the original song and yet you can tell it is a remake. That is what makes this release so good. Rubens voice and classic songs. The only misstep to me is "If this world were mine". Don't get me wrong, he and Lalah did a wonderful job, but I felt it was a cover that has been overexposed with Luther having covered it. It didn't stray from Luther's version much. Maybe a Luther song that isn't as iconic as that one would have been a better choice to avoid comparisons. Otherwise, an excellent effort. Great voice, wonderful musicians. If Ruben continues to surround himself with real musicians such as David Foster, Eric Benet, and Lalah Hathaway, it won't matter what the chart position. He will have solidified himself as a true artist and his reputation for quality music will supersede any pop music popularity.
on February 4, 2014
Ruben has picked the right songs, the right musicians and producers. This is his best album. "if this world were mine" with Lalah Hathaway is awesome!
on February 23, 2014
This is a five star plus production displaying Ruben Studdard's extraordinary vocal range, and amazing gift of interpretation.
My initial response to the first three tracks on this album was.....WOW!!!! This guy is up there with the best ever Soul / R&B Artist of my generation - Luther Vandross (who will always remain on my playlist).

Thank you so much Ruben Studdard for helping to keep Luther Vandross' spirit and his style very much alive. I just know he would be so, so proud of you.

Two thumbs up!!!!
on February 6, 2014
What an awesome album! I have been listening to it non-stop since I bought. Ruben has always been an Amazing Artist but I think this album definately show cases his talents. THIS IS A MUST BUY!!!!! Congrats Ruben! Please everyone tell all your friends. This will not disappoint!
on March 12, 2014
This cd is ok. Don't get it twisted Ruben Studdard has a velvet smooth voice that is soothing and he sounds great. But the choice of songs is what I have a problem with. I would have liked to hear more original songs instead of remakes.
on February 10, 2014
I Always support Reuben and buy his CD's , however this CD automatically moves to the top of all his CD's. Love all 11 songs, probably Close the Door, being my favorite. ALL 11 are great! As always Reuben's vocals are stellar, Love the ongs selections. GREAT Job Mr. Studdard!
on February 5, 2014
I agree with some of the other reviewers A.I. did not present Ruben performing his BEST TALENTED vocal song range Ruben is definitly a OLD SOUL SMOOTH SULTRY ballard singer! I was so IMPRESSED that he resurrected the the HAUNTING CLASSIC FORGOTTON GEM (LOVE LOVE LOVE) originally recorded by LATE GREAT J.R Bailey. This record was my favorite High School song in the early 70's(So SAD) It Never got much air play when J.R. Bailey sang it. I was so GLAD when Donny Hathaway recorded it some years later and put it on the chart. WAAAAY TO GO Ruben!
on February 27, 2014
5 stars all the way! I doubt this release will become a huge hit, though it deserves great success. It is a throw-back to big singers like Luther V and Teddy P, yet a little more on the mellow side. Rubens's take on Boz Scaggs' "Love Look What You've Done To Me" is astounding, and he also does a great job on "Close the Door." The only slightly "off" performance for me is the uptempo arrangement of McCartney's "My Love." Ruben sings it well, but the arrangement is really pretty bad. All-in-all, though, this is perhaps the best thing Ruben has ever done! He sounds great, and the song selection is fantastic.