4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good toy
My 4 year old loves teenage mutant ninjas. We got him these swords so he can be just like Leonardo ( he is his favorite). My son loved these swords and 2 forks with it too. Swords are made out of hollow plastic so they are light which is a good thing for me because if he misses and hits with it, doesn't hurt. Price is fair for the product.
Published 19 months ago by elena

His ninja sword and sais

I bought this little backpack,
Swords and sais and all
Puny straps you can adjust
For large ninjas and small.
The problem...
Published on December 31, 2008 by Amanda Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars The little ninja, December 31, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I had a little ninja
His ninja sword and sais

I bought this little backpack,
Swords and sais and all
Puny straps you can adjust
For large ninjas and small.
The problem with this costume is
You get for what you pay
Buy for one occasion and
Then chuck the thing away

One plastic sword's already bent
The sais are shaking free
The plastic sheath upon his back
Will crack, I'll guarantee
It's flimsy, but still kinda cute
And this is one I'd get
For wearing out one Halloween
Or maybe to a fete

Amanda Richards, December 31, 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to draw swords; Impossible to reload, September 8, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set (Toy)
This item looks cool. It looks great on. Problem arises when you try to USE it.

My son is 7 years old. He is just over 4 feet tall. When he puts the pack on, he is not able to pull the swords out!

The "backpack" is plastic with two holes (top and bottom) for each sword. It is near impossible to get the swords back into the backpack if you are wearing the backpack.

I suggest that this ninja sword pack come with a Trusty Sidekick, so he can unload and reload your weapons for you!

Does not work well for the kid.

I tried it on. Since straps are adustable, it fits an adult fine. I can draw the swords no problem. In fact it looks impressive when I - WHAH PAH! - draw them out quickly.

Course you loose any cool when you stand there struggling to put them back into two little holes cut into plastic on your back that you can't see...

3.0 out of 5 stars a little ninja's weapon of choice, October 15, 2010
P. Wu (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set (Toy)
My 6 yr old son decided he would be a ninja this Halloween, so these swords and "backpack" were a definite must-have. They are, as expected, very plastic and probably won't last beyond this fall. But, you can't put a price on something that completes a boy's dream... even if it's just for one season. The straps were a little too long. I had to loop them around so the extra length wouldn't hang over his legs. Now let's just hope he won't poke his little sister's eyes out before October ends.

3.0 out of 5 stars The weapons themselves are fine and decent quality, August 2, 2014
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set (Toy)
So reading through the reviews I noticed some mentioning that the weapons were difficult to put back in the backpack after removing them. Well I figured '' I'm a 23 year old, not a small child, so how hard can this be?'' The answer is very hard. The weapons themselves are fine and decent quality, but the backpack is a very simple design, and very hard to use when it is on your back. Bought this because I needed two swords across my back for a costume, and while the character usually uses them, I found myself trying to avoid that as unless a friend was around to help, as it would mean removing the backpack to replace the sword.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good toy, May 14, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars too much $, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set
I just purchased this EXACT thing at Walmart TODAY for 7.97. It is what it is, and will be great for Halloween but not sturdy enough to really play with.

2.0 out of 5 stars too expensive, October 18, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set (Toy)
I found the product at walmart for $20 cheaper than what i paid through this store. I would recommend checking wal mart prior to purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost got me killed, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set (Toy)
Th picture shows a well armed ninja, ready to take on a rival clan with his carefully organized arsenal strapped to his back. The backward glance is to make you aware that he KNOWS you are watching, and is allowing you this one glance. If he didn't want you to see him, you'd already be dead. How the manufacturers got him to pose for this without having their heads lopped off whilst ambling down some dark street is beyond me. There'd be no sound...and then a puff of air. So light, and then a fountain of gore as the neck was cleanly severed and the heart continued to pump blood through the arteries at about 9001 psi. You've all seen the documentaries; you know exactly what I mean. Kill Bill was my inspiration to fight injustice and other people who wear black (which is like half of Boston, actually...)

Anyway, I was in the final phase of my ninja training in my backyard when I bought these. It was really sweet. I had plywood mock-ups of bad guys that I painted myself, little zippy bags of ketchup to simulate the explosive inevitable gore (which any good ninja must learn to deal with. my dry cleaning bills for my ninja robes were astronomical), and my very own fast-rope grappling thing. It hurt to learn to use that one, buddy. Ninja training is no joke! Took a lot of duct tape to get those meat hooks to stay together, and it was really heavy. I couldn't really climb it either, but it'd be great for cool escapes. It just took a while to learn not to jab myself with those stupid hooks. Why aren't they rounded?

Well, I got sidetracked, but basically, when I got these they were super lightweight and the backpack seemed a bit...cheap. But hey, maybe that is how ninjas are so fast...in the hands of a REAL warrior, the weapon becomes one with the body and does not tax the user. My chi was awesome, let me tell you. Flowing like the freaking Niagara Falls. So I took a swing at my first target, which was that idiot guy who always comes around in the golf cart and yells at me for having my bushes too high and my grass around my mailbox uncut...like who wants to mow AND weed-whack in the same day? It's such a pain to get all those nooks and crannies. So yeah, Mr. Got Nothing Better To Do comes around, and I'm completely invisible behind my car with my new weapons ready to rock-n-roll, and he starts up to my door with one of those notice things that mean you have to pay his sanctimonious fee for living a little loose. I jump out and take a good hard swipe, and it SHOULD have been bye-bye Mr. Needs-a-real-job.

Let me tell you, it did not go as planned. I'm writing this from my hospital bed. Turns out these swords are NOT able to handle the power of a real Ninja...stupid thing broke! On the first hit! So I react lighting fast and go for the little sword thingys that Raphael the Artist/Ninja/reptile guy had, but I barely had the one out when Mr. StickUpHisButt just goes to town on me. Turns out this loser was a retired Marine or something, and I guess they train those guys to take advantage of other warriors when their weapons are shoddy and failure-prone.

It was total crap, and I blame these stupid swords. Both legs in casts, one arm in a splint, and my face looks like Chuck Norris used it for kicking practice.

So yeah....buyer beware.

They looks sweet though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, December 22, 2012
Fun for my 6year old. He plays with it with and without the costume. Seems relatively durable--as far as these types of toys go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Accessory for Ninja Costume, December 12, 2014
This review is from: Dragon Ninja Weapon Set (Toy)
This is really cool and was exactly what I was looking for to dress up my son's Ninja costume. Slips around the shoulders like a backpack and has adjustable straps so anyone, kid or adult, can easily wear this. My 5 year old did have a hard time keeping it on his shoulders but I tied the excess material from the straps around the front of his chest and that kept it in place perfectly. We got tons of compliments on this and everyone asked us where we got it, my reply... "Amazon of course!" Amazon is the best. I saw a similar version of this elsewhere but the one on Amazon is by far the best price and of course it arrived quickly.

Dragon Ninja Weapon Set