Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rubies Costume Star Wars Darth Vader Light Saber Costume Accessory
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Red / Black|Change

on December 19, 2014
Well, it is obviously a cheap-made product. I don't think anyone seeking for details would buy it. I bought it for a DIY lamp and it does its work perfectly for that part. Cheap toy and cheap lamp match well.
on November 3, 2015
The first time I tried opening it, a tiny piece of acrylic that ensures the battery cover stays on cracked and eventually throughout the night. In addition to that, I couldn't get the light to work, so I had to take the lightbulb completely out and put it back in and finally it worked. Then about the third time that it was flipped open it exploded and all of the light saber's stacked layers cracked and completely came apart. I would not recommend this to anyone.
on May 7, 2015
Its what I expected, I am a little too cheap to buy the expensive sabar but maybe I will in the future. They look very good and match perfectly with the other items I purchased online. The costume came together very well I thought. Thanks! I highly recommend this!
on July 19, 2011
My son likes to collect and play with light sabers, so when he saw this one that is a Darth Vader saber, he had to have it, even if it meant spending his own money to get it. So we ordered it and he anxiously checked the mail every day until it came. He quickly got to the business of opening the package and sadly, he pulled it out and it was bent; not a little, but very clearly, bent. I assured him we would return it and replace it with a perfect one, though his dissappointment did not fade. (he's 8)
This company does not allow full price returns if a product is removed from the package. SO how would we know if a toy that has to be extended is bent if we don't take it out? Again, a dissappointed little boy when I explained this to him. Upon my 2nd communication, I was offered something like 1/2 of what it cost, plus a 20% re-stocking fee. Do the math... The point is you take back what isn't right- these were my son's words. So, we ended up keeping the bent Darth Vader light saber, and, no he doesn't play with it because its B-E-N-T. The kicker? In the envelope with the light saber, a full 8x10 paper, large font request to ONLY review with 5 stars as anything less is not good for their business. Yeah, and so is the completely ridiculous return policy.
on October 2, 2008
This toy fell apart about 2 seconds after taking out of the packaging. However, it was easily put back together and with a little super glue it should be o.k. for a while. My child enjoys playing with but was disappointed at the fact that it broke so soon.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2007
We bought a whole deluxe Darth Vadar outfit for Halloween. Out of everything we got (and I did also purchase the voice changer which he did not care for), this was the biggest hit of the night. Excellent purchase for your Star Wars fanatic!
on September 8, 2015
Was ordered for an event we were attending where my gf had to wear a costume. She decided she was going to be Darth Vadar so we bought this accessory. We didn't expect much and it was rarely used. The red plastic part that extends was bent pretty bad but she didn't have it extended since there were many people around anyways. It was ok but I wouldn't buy it again. With the costume she had this item wasn't really necessary but it was a nice little addition to the costume.
on April 9, 2015
A cheap lightsaber that doesn't even have good qualities. I got 3 different light sabors, one bent, one curved, and this one was short, like a dagger. It is also cheap and has flimsy plastic. Would not recommend.
I bought it for a prop for a video project for school, just swinging it, the tubes for the lightsaber flew off.
on December 15, 2015
This worked well for a Halloween costume for temporary use, but I would not recommend it as a toy or anything beyond a costume. The quality is not great and the pieces easily break off. We broke the plastic piece that you must remove with a screw in order to place batteries inside the light saber. The light is not very bright. Also, the plastic piece holding the light saber into the main handle (when not extended) is not of good quality and breaks easily as well. It did hold up for Halloween use, so for a costume accessory, it did do its job.
on October 30, 2015
I never post a bad review but this product deserves it. Yesterday was my son's halloween party so it was time to use the light saver and it didn't even turn on, the metal part inside to connect with the energy didn't even reach the button, very low quality product, cheap made chinesse led filled toy, i took it to an electric shop to get it fixed as i was desperate and surprise the red light bulb is barely noticeable when is on, then at the halloween party it broke. I'm not a picky customer but please sell and make standard products because its unfair to buy this cheap low quality in amazon, i could have bought this in a .99 cent store, value .99 cents for this crap, my boy ended up crying because it was broken within 30min in the party :(