Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rubie's Deluxe Abraham Lincoln Costume
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 6, 2013
I bought this for my son who is in 3rd grade because he needed to dress up like Abraham Lincoln for a class project. It was exactly what it looks like in the picture. The Jacket is a slim fitting one, which was not a problem for my son as he is skinny anyway. He enjoyed wearing the costume and even wants to wear it for Halloween.
on November 11, 2012
Medium was the right size for my average/ on the skinny side 6 yr old. Pants were way too long, had to take it up by six inches. Jacket fit was perfect. Hat was fine. The fake shirt with the bow was fine. Be sure to get a beard to go with it. Got lots of compliments since every other boy was a ninja or superhero this year. Very cute and recognizable immediately; didn't have to answer "...and what are you supposed to be?"
on October 29, 2014
My 10 yo girl decided she just had to be Lincoln for Halloween. Let me save you some time - the costume chain stores do not carry this costume for Halloween. After looking at all the costumes online, we went with this one because the jacket appeared to be more structured and realistic.

My girl is 5'1" and is very slim with very long legs. She takes a Target size 14 in leggings and shirts. This costume fits exactly right. So close is this fit that I doubt it will fit in 2 months. The jacket fits so well it looks like it was tailored to her. It looks like a real wool jacket with nice stitching and details. The material is a stiff polyester of some sort, and since my kiddo found it a little itchy, I bought a leotard to go underneath. That solved the problem and keeps her a little warmer.

The white shirt is actually a dicky that covers the upper chest and has straps that go under the arms and tie in back. Works great. The neck hole is a little large. The tie is a black ribbon that is holding up really well. The pants...oh, the pants. Think extremely cheap shiny pajama material with no hem. I know many commenters said the pants were way too long for their kids, but they are pretty much the exact right length on my tall girl. You only see the bottom 18" of the pants - I'm sure you have a pair of black leggings or pants to use if you want a more polished look. The good news is that the jacket slides right over the pants, maintaining a nice look when in motion.

I bought a really nice hat because other commenters hated on this one, but my daughter prefers the one with the costume. It's very tall. She used the cardboard from the costume packaging to stiffen it up.

Overall, this costume was a good value for the cost, and one of the better options out there. I'm very happy with it, and my trick or treater is delighted with the overall look. We found a great, lifelike hairy beard with ear loops (made for a giant head). She refused to wear it, but still looks like Lincoln! No one was confused by this costume, though we parents are still a little puzzled about her choice!
on November 2, 2015
First off, it's important to note: I handed the Amazon app to my 7 year old and said pick anything. What did he pick? ABRAHAM LINCOLN. This was an AWESOME costume. Great quality for the price. The beard was a separate purchase that is an absolute necessity. We hope his class does a segment on old honest Abe so he can wear it again.
review image
on March 1, 2015
So glad I found this on the cheap here on Amazon, because the quality is really poor. I can't believe it's priced at nearly $40 on competitor sites. After a good ironing, hat & all, it looked good for what it was intended for - a historical event my child participated in at school - so it served it's purpose.
on March 10, 2016
Great costume, but was very disappointed that it didn't come with the beard. How can you be Abe Lincoln without the beard. I looked at the costume picture and bought it, so it is my fault in the end because I should have read the discription of the product first. At first I thought the beard was just missing or fell out, so we were looking all over the place. Then I saw on the package that the beard was not listed under contents so I was very disappointed. The quality of the costume is great though and the fit for my son was perfect. If it came with the beard I would have given it five stars. Why not charge a dollar or two more to include the most important part of the costume!
on July 23, 2015
This is a high quality costum! Love it!
review image
on March 28, 2014
First, my son is a big kid. I'm aware of that. The pants were stretchy enough that they fit him without a problem. They would have fit me too had I tried them on. The hat is good, but it's not one size fits all. It fit him pretty tight and needed to be ironed (but that's ok). The shirt is not a full shirt and the tie is loosely fitted. That's ok as well, because it's a costume, not an outfit. Beard not included (FYI). The jacket...fit him pretty tight. It wouldn't close. He's 9 and I ordered the largest child size available. I had to have the seams removed and refitted. Then I bought him a shirt and shoes to match. After that I went by a craft store and bought felt to make him a beard. I'm a Prime member, so I got free shipping, but the costume alone was over $25. So, after all was said and done I spent an additional $20. This was a school project, so I didn't mind spending the money. I just don't think what I received was worth $25.
on January 19, 2016
This costume is for my 8 year old son to wear for his oral report on Abraham Lincoln. It fits great and the hat is awesome too! We bought a beard separately as that doesn't come, but well worth the price.
on April 17, 2015
Good enough for a one-time-use Lincoln costume for a school presentation. Material is a little scratchy/felty, not stretchy. A little worried it will be easy to rip. My son wears size 10/12 and this coat will not close in front, but that's no big deal. The pants fit fine. Didn't try the dickey (white shirt with tie) because it was awkward for him.