4.0 out of 5 stars Best for a 6 yr old
Published on November 11, 2012 by Manda

3.0 out of 5 stars Costume great, hat not so much...
Published 1 month ago by KT

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for a 6 yr old, November 11, 2012
Medium was the right size for my average/ on the skinny side 6 yr old. Pants were way too long, had to take it up by six inches. Jacket fit was perfect. Hat was fine. The fake shirt with the bow was fine. Be sure to get a beard to go with it. Got lots of compliments since every other boy was a ninja or superhero this year. Very cute and recognizable immediately; didn't have to answer "...and what are you supposed to be?"

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, April 6, 2013
I bought this for my son who is in 3rd grade because he needed to dress up like Abraham Lincoln for a class project. It was exactly what it looks like in the picture. The Jacket is a slim fitting one, which was not a problem for my son as he is skinny anyway. He enjoyed wearing the costume and even wants to wear it for Halloween.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Costume, April 8, 2014
This costume is described perfect by the seller. Some of the other reviews mentioned the Top Hat. Yes this is a flimsy hat, but I wasn't expecting a replica of Abe Lincoln's hat! With a little tissue paper and maybe some liquid starch, the hat should be perfect. My child is a size 7X-8 shirt/jacket. He wears a size 8 in jeans( for length), We ordered a medium and everything fits him perfect - so I would say this costume is true to size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice costume, December 30, 2013
Although the pants are typical cheap costume material, the rest of the costume is REALLY nice. The jacket is well made and the hat sits nicely on a 10 year old's head

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect looking and cute!, November 8, 2013
Very good costume. I bought the size of 12-14 for my son who is almost 10. He is skinny and pretty tall. The pants was very long though, but I made it shorter and it worked well. He might have it next year as well. He actually won a prize for his costume in our community costume contest as the best historical figure costume! The product is perfect for skinny or regular size kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, April 26, 2013
This costume is pretty nice for the price - my son wore it to a dance recital at the community centre and it held up very well while he was a break dancing Abe Lincoln. He wore it again for halloween, the used it sans the beard when he portrayed young Ebenezer Scrooge in a production of The Christmas Carol, and just recently for a talent show when he was the narrator for a fractured fairy tale. It has held up nicely in the wash - the faux shirt needs to be hand washed as the tie is just a satin ribbon and kind of delicate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a great-looking costume with nice detailing; fits slim tall kids especially well., October 29, 2014
My 10 yo girl decided she just had to be Lincoln for Halloween. Let me save you some time - the costume chain stores do not carry this costume for Halloween. After looking at all the costumes online, we went with this one because the jacket appeared to be more structured and realistic.

My girl is 5'1" and is very slim with very long legs. She takes a Target size 14 in leggings and shirts. This costume fits exactly right. So close is this fit that I doubt it will fit in 2 months. The jacket fits so well it looks like it was tailored to her. It looks like a real wool jacket with nice stitching and details. The material is a stiff polyester of some sort, and since my kiddo found it a little itchy, I bought a leotard to go underneath. That solved the problem and keeps her a little warmer.

The white shirt is actually a dicky that covers the upper chest and has straps that go under the arms and tie in back. Works great. The neck hole is a little large. The tie is a black ribbon that is holding up really well. The pants...oh, the pants. Think extremely cheap shiny pajama material with no hem. I know many commenters said the pants were way too long for their kids, but they are pretty much the exact right length on my tall girl. You only see the bottom 18" of the pants - I'm sure you have a pair of black leggings or pants to use if you want a more polished look. The good news is that the jacket slides right over the pants, maintaining a nice look when in motion.

I bought a really nice hat because other commenters hated on this one, but my daughter prefers the one with the costume. It's very tall. She used the cardboard from the costume packaging to stiffen it up.

Overall, this costume was a good value for the cost, and one of the better options out there. I'm very happy with it, and my trick or treater is delighted with the overall look. We found a great, lifelike hairy beard with ear loops (made for a giant head). She refused to wear it, but still looks like Lincoln! No one was confused by this costume, though we parents are still a little puzzled about her choice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Costume great, hat not so much..., November 9, 2014
As others have said, the hat is horrible. I bought this for my 10 yr old's class project of reading the Gettysburg Address. The hat was unusable. Which is a shame because the rest of the costume is great. The hat circumference is not sturdy, and when put on the child's head, it stretches causing the brim to fall all the way around. Certainly not like the picture. And I tried putting poster board on the inside of the tall part to keep it standing. But the brim just wouldn't do right. I had to buy a separate stove pipe hat at Party City. But the coat looks genuine, the pants are, well, black, and plenty long enough so they worked... and the shirt and bow tie looked great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the coat, July 19, 2014
Love the coat! Stars are for the coat only. Everything else is poor quality. I needed a gentleman' coat for a Victorian children's play and this one is perfect. But.... hat and pants are pretty bad looking, the " shirt" insert is ok, just has a very wide collar. We will ask kids in the play to wear black dress pants and white dress shirts. I have purchased different hats to go with the costume. And of course it ended up costing more for the costume overall:(. If I could find a nice Victorian coat that was sold separately ( for a reasonable price), I would not bother with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hat is a flop!, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Rubie's Deluxe Abraham Lincoln Costume (Toy)
The outfit is ok, but the hat is a floppy mess! The rim either sticks up or down, no way will it stick out like it shows in the picture or the way one would expect it to. Now I am having to call around and try to find a decent hat and beard before his party Wednesday. Would have been easier to go to a costume store to begin with. Not a happy mom right now!

Rubie's Deluxe Abraham Lincoln Costume