5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Puzzle
Published on September 5, 2009 by L

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ,but not enough...Surely must have for rubik maniaks!
Published on October 20, 2009 by George

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ,but not enough...Surely must have for rubik maniaks!, October 20, 2009
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
Before rubik 360 came into my hands i read about it on internet and i was very excited! I heard from a video Rubik saying that this puzzle will have the same succes as the cube and also that the cube and the 360 puzzle have many common things, allthough different problem solving logic... So when 360 came to me i was hopping for a puzzle that i can deal with it for hours and discover many interesting things before i conclude to a solution, just as happend with the cube(3x3).
Result:
1-5 minutes:Very very very cool design!
6-8 minutes:It seems impossible to solve!
8-10 minutes: Yes! I can get some balls into the right positions but it seems
just luck or that it needs very specific and talented moves by
your hands!
11-25 minutes:There must be a specific and not random way, i am so close!
26 minute: The puzzle is completely solved :(
Conclusion:
Absolutely cool design , genius concept, far more easy than rubik's cube.
I surely recomend it to evryone who wants a fresh and good puzzle, but not to those who seek a great challenge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Puzzle, September 5, 2009
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
After having learned how to solve the Rubik's Cube about 2 years ago I became more or less a collector of Rubik's products, and I must say that I am proud to have the 360 in my collection. The puzzle is very well designed, and if you're playing for the first time, it does take a bit of playing around to figure out the trick to solving it. However, it is not the most difficult puzzle in the Rubik's library. It ranks as more of a puzzle for anyone, whereas with the original Cube and any of the variations, you need to have a decent amount of patience to solve it (not to mention courage, when you get to the 4x4 or 5x5, neither of which I am brave enough to attempt). The 360 can be a bit frustrating, but if you work for a few hours you can get it. It's not nearly as bad as getting lost when you're almost done solving the Cube.

Cube experience does not seem to help; I don't know if this goes for "Cubers", but my fastest time on the Cube is a little under one minute, and it still took me a few hours of work (not necessarily all at once) to finish the 360. Regardless, it is a great puzzle for any Rubik's or puzzle fan, and the feeling when you finally solve it is impossible to describe.

PS: Amazon asked me to rate the "Educational Value" of the 360, and I gave it 2 stars, because if you really focus hard enough you can learn about gravity. =P Also, it feels pretty durable, but I can't be sure because I don't throw my Rubik's puzzles into walls or smash them on the floor (even if they can be annoying!).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a mind challenge, but a skill game., October 15, 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
I received this new Rubik's as a gift. I am an adult, and am able to complete the original Cube, with still some challenge. When I got this I was at first glance a bit intimidated by the design of the puzzle. But, unfortunately, I quickly found out that this game is NOT a game of logic at all, but a very simple exercise of skill. It basically consists of flipping the thing over and over and over and over until you manage to grab a little ball, then again, using some skill and patience drive the little ball into its proper hole. At first, it took me about 20 minutes to figure how the contraption swings due to some little metal weights inside. Once I captured the first ball, the next one took me about 10, then about 5, etc --- once again, not due to any mental strain, but to the fact that you need to be very skilled and, honestly, kind of lucky to catch the tiny balls. Overall, the puzzle took me about 50 minutes to complete, which was very disappointing considering the original cube took me 20 years to figure, and still challenges me.

As a game of skill, this game requires you to be seated, completely still, taking breaths to juggle around the tiny balls; so it lacks the 'portability' of the original.

Overall, this is a novelty game that carries a huge name, and probably, the assertion of it being a Rubik is what makes it precisely fall so short of my expectations.

On the pro side: anyone can do this, even a monkey with enough shaking.

2.0 out of 5 stars Game of Chance, November 27, 2009
A Kid's Review
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
I purchase the 360 shortly after it when on sale and unlike the original cube I simply found it to be a game of chance with no talent or skill required, this game can be frustrating at time however anyone can solve it with nor real skill with in two hrs to start, and after that perhaps its time to pass it on unless you want to hold on to it to put on your trophy shelf along with all your other accomplishments. LOL

4.0 out of 5 stars Stuck Spheres, January 17, 2011
Brendon Briggs (Colchester, VT USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
I was under the impression that each sphere moved independently upon its own respective axis regardless of a ball's location, but when I get a ball out of the first sphere it gets stuck on the internal plastic seam of the second sphere (usually right next to the weighted ball bearing). Spheres I and II become "attached" to each other with no possibility of making it to the outer sphere so I end up shaking the puzzle vigorously to start over, which pretty much defeats the entire point.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did I get a defective Rubik's 360 or is trying to unstick spheres I and II part of the puzzle?

UPDATE:
It seems to be an inherent design and/or production flaw (thanks, Google!). Even when solved the two inner spheres will stick together with a tangible "grinding" sensation. It almost feels like that axle was meant to catch. I'm hoping it will loosen up with use, which it gets plenty of. More fun than I thought it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubik's 360, da bomb, December 18, 2010
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
This is one of the best toys I have ever had. I got it for a Xmas party, and this sucker is indistructible. I've dropped it at least 10 times, and it still works. It only took me a hour to solve, but you can solve it over, and over, and over again. There was only one problem. When I was shaking the 360 to get the last colored ball (the green one) outside the third inside ball, when it broke, an the third ball kept going up-side-down instead of the way it would normally go. I furiously shook the ball about 100 times, and then, a miracle. The ball fixed itself. It is a high quality item, and I would reccomednd this to anyone, as long as you, don't have anger issues, because this ball makes a lot of anger. Overall, a excellent gift, and a must-have for anyone who loves Rubrik's Cubes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not logic, March 1, 2010
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
technically, there's no code in solving this toy. All you have to do is spin it or shake it until one of the colors go in the first hole. Then you put it into the second hole and finally into the correct color capsule. I solved it by just spinning it around until one of the colors went in. It's a game of luck...i suppose. It is addicting though because when the ball is almost close to getting in, it gets on your nerves if it falls out again. You could say its one of those pin-ball games where you pull the lever and by chance, the ball lands on 100, or 500..etc....
In other words, you do not use logic at all...if you buying this product to exercise your brain...read a book instead!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Easily breakable, January 28, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
As other reviewers say, this is not a very difficult puzzle; nothing close to the original Rubik's cube.
The worst thing is that mine broke within a week. I dropped it maybe once or twice, and now the inner axis is very stiff, and it does not move to certain directions very easily and gets stuck. So if you are planning to buy one, or own one, try to work out the puzzle without dropping it at all. I suspect that the bearings are not very sustainable and weakly built.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Spheres + 6 Balls + 0 Cubes = Rubik's 360!, August 19, 2009
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
Erno Rubik has done it again! The genius behind the most legendary hand held puzzles of our time is back with the Rubik's 360.

The first thing you will notice, is how beautiful this things is!! A clear sphere with 2 smaller clear spheres inside it the classic Rubik colors have returned for the balls and domes and the rotation device gives the toy a black outline. I'm happy with the product it looks great and seems very durable.

I have been waiting for this for months and I wasn't disappointed. Mr. Rubik's newest invention I think will please both the novices and veterans of his puzzles. The Rubik's 360 is without a doubt different from his other popular puzzles because there is more of an element of the unpredictable. Algorithms were vital for the Cube, but not here. You will tilt the 360 in all kinds of crazy directions hoping one of the balls will get out of the first sphere and makes it way past the second sphere so it has a shot at returning to its dome. Believe me, it's much more trickier than it sounds. However, if you keep at it I'm sure you will solve it within a few hours.

The 360 isn't nearly as difficult as the Cube, but what really makes it fun is how unpredictable solving it can be. Very often, the balls will roll out of the first sphere just to loop back again to reset their position. That trademark Rubik frustration is back with a new spin! Gravity is your nemesis here. I think expert speed solvers would have hard time mastering this in record time because of the less predicable nature of it. So I think the 360 will get plenty of respect from the hard core, puzzle crowd.

Anyways, if you thought the Rubik's Cube was too intimating, the Rubik's Snake was too easy, and the Rubik's Magic was too fragile than the Rubik's 360 might be the perfect puzzle for you. There are plenty of puzzles with the Rubik name, but the ones actually designed by Mr. Rubik are the best! Don't miss your chance to play this creative, addictive, and unpredictable puzzle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, January 28, 2014
Lee (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rubik's 360 (Toy)
I purchased several of these maze globes for my nephews for Christmas. The kids loved playing with them. They would sit in a group each working on their different one or passing them around then challenging each other to do it faster. These are really great gifts that the kids keep coming back to just to see if they can do it again.

Rubik's 360