Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rude Awakening
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 21, 2011
Poorly written... I searched for some horror shorts to sample since it's almost Halloween and I came across this book and decided to try it. This story is about a wife who woke up to find her husband turning into a werewolf and spent the rest of story (and my time) trying to get away from him. This book may be free but if you're looking to read something you're going to enjoy, there are other free quality books out there. I give it 2 stars for effort...
on February 18, 2012
I loved the cover image of this Kindle book which stood out and instantly made me click on the product page link from amongst the numerous other free/cheap Kindle stories. The story granted is really short, it'll only take you five or six minutes to finish, but quality over quantity anytime as far as I'm concerned. Out of all the werewolf tales I've read over my lifetime, I've never even thought of this scenario, a wife kicking her snoring husband only to realise he's furry and is transforming into a werewolf. Not only that as he slams into the bedroom door she closed behind her as she flees in terror, she knows he wants to rip her apart. To further complicate matters she has a young son asleep upstairs.

I found Rude Awakening to just simply be a lot of fun, you're straight into the action, there's no build up. Since it's not a children's story you don't know if the wife is going to survive or not but it's so well written you can put yourself in her shoes and imagine what you would do, if your partner turned into a hungry angry werewolf. I could easily see this being published in a multiple author short story collection with big name authors to be found on physical bookshelves in the future. I'll definitely be checking out whatever else Nicole Hadaway writes, this was just that much fun!
on February 10, 2012
Very short but not nearly as bad as some would believe story wise. It's real problem is that it's too simplistic. You really wanted a better description of the werewolf than you got. There was no real sense of fear from the story. I've seen descriptions of women in a greater panic when breaking a nail.
on December 8, 2011
A quick short story that wasn't worth the 5 minutes it took to read. A woman wakes to find her husband changing into a werewolf.
on December 9, 2011
Very cute story. But caution! One needs a modicum of a sense of humour and a sense of fun.
Delightful!