Rudolph's is ready to take on your most challenging pediatric problems!
Newly revised . . . totally current! Featuring:
* An expanded team of world-class editors-ensures authoritative coverage
* A fresh new design-for easier reading, faster access
* More coverage of symptom presentation and clinical management
* Quick-read algorithms throughout-- to guide your diagnosis
"An excellent choice. . . for students, residents, primary care practitioners, and teachers of pediatrics in the private office, clinic, or residency setting." - Journal of Family Medicine review of prior edition
The incomparable Rudolph's PEDIATRICS, 21st Edition: ready now to keep you well-informed in the 21st century!
Rudolph's PEDIATRICS has been helping doctors take care of children since before the turn of the century - the 20th century, that is. And now, more than 100 years later, McGraw-Hill is proud to publish the 21st Edition of Rudolph's PEDIATRICS - the one book that can expertly guide you as you care for children who live and grow amid the fast-paced, rapidly changing 21st century.
A favorite resource for decades, Rudolph's PEDIATRICS offers comprehensive coverage of all aspects of pediatric medicine. It not only helps you to understand the mechanisms underlying pediatric disease, it provides you with the tools to manage the disorders and diseases you encounter as you care for infants and children. You'll find:
* Targeted discussion of the normal function and developmental biology of organ systems - gives you a framework for understanding the biologic basis of pediatric medicine
* Symptom-based diagnostic approaches - presented for common disorders along with detailed discussions of the clinical features, laboratory diagnosis, and treatment of both common and uncommon childhood illnesses
New editors, new look, new coverage!
The 21st edition delivers the same attention to detail that has made Rudolph's PEDIATRICS a classic in the field - but with a few important changes:
* An expanded team of world-class editors - led by Colin D. Rudolph and Abraham M. Rudolph
* A fresh new design - to make the text more readable and more easily accessible than previous editions
* Extensively revised coverage - to keep today's doctors informed and completely current
New sections, new chapters inform on the hottest topics in the field!
* Emergency and critical care - easy-to-use section guides your management of the acutely ill infant and child
* Contemporary diagnostic techniques - provides simple, clear explanations of the new generation of laboratory tests that are more frequently used to guide clinical diagnosis
* Care of the terminally ill child - presents a family-centered approach for care near the end of life
* Rehabilitative medicine - offers guidance on caring for the increasing numbers of children with chronic disabilities
Delivers MORE of what you really need to know!
* MORE on genetics, with separate chapters focused on metabolic disorders and dysmorphology
* MORE on rheumatic disease in children and adolescents, including the critical evaluation of musculoskeletal pain and pain syndromes
* MORE on managing neonatal disorders
* MORE algorithmic approaches to common pediatric symptoms, with guidelines for initial management
* MORE information on support groups and other resources - websites and email addresses provided throughout
PLUS: Expanded coverage in rapidly advancing areas of pediatric medicine!
* Immunology and allergy
* Infectious diseases
* Orthopedics, including sports medicine