Top positive review
52 people found this helpful
Rented this model - very good, not that easy to use.
on October 23, 2012
I rented this model almost two years ago and after I used it, was so impressed that I looked into buying one but the price was prohibitive for how often I'd be using it.
This is something that a small professional would use and cleans rugs just like you'd get from a paid company.
- Quality and sturdy
- Can go longer without needing water - the bigger tank does make a difference
- Gets rid of the grunge and grime
- Simple to use - no rocket science
- Really moves around the carpet fibers
- Doesn't leave the carpet soaking - takes 4-6 hours before it fully dries depending on climate
- This is a big machine. This won't fit easily wherever you put your vacuum - so make sure you have a place for this.
- The "single pass" isn't a true single pass. If you go ultra-slow you might be able to get it clean, but you really need several passes to get rugs fully clean.
- The brush seems a little harsh for more delicate carpets - I was getting a lot of fiber up on mine, but that could just be my carpet.
- Water tank (I know I said it was a pro as well) and in comparison it is bigger, but you will need to keep changing it out regularly
- It's not quiet
Lastly, cleaning your own carpets well takes A LOT of time to do it right. Since we did it ourselves once, we've paid to have them done since then because of the value vs. time.