5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for writers and editors
I do proofreading for a freelance professional book editor. Soon after I started working for her, she ordered this book for me. I have several writing style manuals, but this is the book that I rely on the most. It's easier to use than "The Chicago Manual of Style" and more comprehensive than the "How" series.

One key to a good style manual is a good index, and...
Published on August 7, 2011 by J. Chambers

3.0 out of 5 stars Book design with tabs isn't very good
The book is great. I would suggest you buy the other version though (the one without the tabs). The one with the tabs is designed so it is likely to get bent and old looking faster. The cover is very thin and protrudes. It bends as soon as you put it in your backpack. Service was great, just the design wasn't that great.
Published on January 13, 2011 by shereviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for writers and editors, August 7, 2011
This review is from: Rules for Writers with 2009 MLA and 2010 APA Updates (Spiral-bound)

One key to a good style manual is a good index, and "Rules for Writers" has a very good one. I seldom fail to find where the information I need is located.

The book is very compact (8" x 5"), and the spiral binding lets it lay flat.

Overall, "Rules for Writers" is a first rate resource for writers and editors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helping those who are not good at English rules., March 21, 2011
First off, I am not a writer and English is the one and only language I know and this book has helped me improve my understanding of the details of the English language in terms of punctuation, grammar and sentence structure. This book is even great to have around the house and refer to it whenever you need to for writing important letters to businesses or making sure your resume is free of mistakes. I used this book for an English class and it was well worth it. It helped me a lot in constructing my papers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book design with tabs isn't very good, January 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Rules for Writers with Tabs with 2009 MLA and 2010 APA Updates, May 12, 2011
If you really want to know the rules for writing a good essay then this book will get the job done right for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rules For Writers, September 25, 2011
Ravengirl (PORT ORANGE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I like the index and mini examples the book gives. It has easy to understand directions and loads of information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
Thank You!

3.0 out of 5 stars English Sup., June 12, 2014
Philey (Califronia USA) - See all my reviews
Textbook for class. Some good stuff in their. Kinda expensive though. I only used it a few times and wish i rented it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, May 22, 2014
This book is whatever I want it. It is a good book with a good quality. It is good to have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rules for Writers, May 5, 2014
RENE MALDONADO (Columbia, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This is a concise and still comprehensive Manual for any student or writer who wants to have a handy reference. I love the Spiral...

5.0 out of 5 stars best writing tool ever, March 21, 2014
If you are in college or in high school this is an invaluable tool. It has every rule about grammar one could ever wish to know and it also has everything about citing that one could ever wish to know in a very organized user friendly format.

Rules for Writers with 2009 MLA and 2010 APA Updates
Rules for Writers with 2009 MLA and 2010 APA Updates by Diana Hacker (Spiral-bound - June 8, 2010)
Used & New from: $0.01