5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Jesse!, October 1, 2009
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
I just got it today - and love it! A great mix of upbeat dancing type of melodies and gentle heartstring tugging, harmonious pieces of music. Jesse's fluency on guitar never ceases to entertain me. I have all his CD's and love every one of them. Well done again Jess!
From Elly 'down under'in Aussieland

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic, October 9, 2009
farzaneht (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rumba Foundation (MP3 Music)
Another great album from Jesse Cook. I have always been his fan and It is amazing to me that he keeps his fans satisfied continuously. The album has some great dance tunes at the same time this album vary in tempo and tone yet maintain authenticity. Tracks like the first Bogot By Bus, Santa Marta, Gaita and the cinematic Bombay Diner set the mood for mystery, exploration and celebration. I have been listening non stop to this new album since i downloaded the tracks online. It has been worth every dime. I am certain that he will continue to amaze his fans with his creations. God bless you Jesse.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have" CD!, December 24, 2009
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
Jesse Cook's newest CD, The Rumba Foundation, is a spectacular and must have CD for those of us who love flamenco music. The mixture of Cuban/African rhythems with flamenco music brings a whole new experience to one's listening pleasure. This is a CD that you will want to listen to over and over again. It touches your soul as you lose yourself in the music. There is a good mixture of slow and fast pieces. My favorite piece is "Afternoon at Satie's". I love that ethereal sounding instrument in the background. (What is it?) Overall, there is a nice flow from one musical piece to the next. I especially like how he uses the Improv 1 and Improv 2 as musical segues to their following pieces. In addition, I enjoy hearing the distant sound of the musicans (dancers?) in the piece "Gaita". I feel like I'm there live watching and listening to this performance! The only piece that seems kind of odd to be included in this CD is "Cecilia". While I think Cook's rendition of this Simon & Garfunkel song is really good, I'm not sure why it is part of this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars rumba foundation, October 1, 2009
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
another triumph for jesse cook. nice and mellow for him this time. such a pleasure to just sit back and listen. if you like me are a fan of this genre you will not miss with this one. will be seeing jesse cook in concert in nov 09. hope he will include many of cuts from this super cd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Long-Awaited Gift, September 9, 2011
This review is from: The Rumba Foundation (MP3 Music)
This album, like everything I have heard from him, is simply superb. He crosses boundaries both musically and nationally, and does so with compassionate ease. I am a screenwriter and novelist, and my dream is to one day have him do a soundtrack for a film I write. He is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesse Cook Never Disappoints, March 17, 2010
Lauren (Suffern, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rumba Foundation (MP3 Music)
I've been listening to Jesse Cook for about 20 years, and love his music. This new album is no exception. I'm always reminded of my vacations to Spain, Mexico and Egypt while listening, and find the exotic rhythms relaxing.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Rumba CD., October 3, 2009
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
Major talent and totally enjoy ea. product that comes on the market. First in line to buy. Not sure about "Cecelia", had to check the track list to confirm. Why?
The DVD from Canada was wonderful. I will be seeing you at the Duncan in Ft. Worth come 1/10. Looking forward to it. You are the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bogota by Bus, June 9, 2011
Shelia K Diaz (WILMINGTON, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
This CD is like being on bus in Bogota, or taking the bus from Cartagena to Bogota and experiencing all of the beauty of this incredible country and its people. The music makes you experience the place in a way that is surprising and ,for me, an incredible journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesse's Genius, March 7, 2010
Azlan Mohammed (Trinidad.West Indies.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
Jesse Cook has been the best Rumba Flamenco player for the last era.
I own all his Cd's and his 1995 debut Tempest for me is his masterpiece I also listen to his fellow Canadian players as Oscar Lopez, Pavlo, Johannes Linstead as well as players like Behzad, Ottmer Libert, Strunz and Farah, Amrik who are all very artistic and play very well but Jesse is the real deal his playing is never overshadowed by his backing instruments but instead these instruments such as violin, drums, percussion, flute and even his clappers are incorporated into his playing in such a subtle way his playing always stands out, he is truely a brilliant player he plays an exotic spanish guitar of mediterranean,rumba flamenco, pop and world tones.
His music is simply beautiful. Rumba Foundation his 2009 release is simply an amazing album it caresses you with the spanish opener Bus to Bogota then mixes with the eastern flavour of Bombay diner and one of my favorite songs on the cd La Rumba De el Jefe this cd is a testimony of his greatness. 2008's Frontiers is also a classic JC CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jesse still Cook'in, October 27, 2009
This review is from: Rumba Foundation (Audio CD)
I eagerly anticipated the arrival of The Rumba Foundation, having become an avid JC fan over the last few years. The music is a bit of a change in direction for him in many ways, taking on quite an organic, stripped down, traditional vibe in many ways, kind of Jesse's "Buena Vista" album in a way. There are so nice tracks on here inclucding some great ballads. However, probably not quite as much 'fire' as some other CDs. Cecilia will I'm sure do well, but I'm not sure it was the best choice of cover because of the perfection of Art and Paul's vocals on the orginal being very hard to get close to, although he's done a good job of it. Overall a good album, although Nomad and Free Fall remain my favourites. If you like Jesse's music, then check out this up and coming artist called Al Marconi ([...]) who shows a lot of similarities both compositionally and in his playing to Jesse. Meanwhile keep up the good work Mr Cook!

Rumba Foundation
Rumba Foundation by Jesse Cook (Audio CD - 2009)