Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Run Workouts for Runners and Triathletes (Workouts in a Binder)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 25, 2010
I consider myself as an "average" runner even after doing a couple of Ironmans and a few other marathons and half Iron distances. All that because I've always run the same way, same pace, same workout (just increasing mileage).
New workouts are always good. It takes you to a different routine on your regular week training.
Even we always pick some as favorites, there is a lot of workout options in this book to choose from so you don't need to worry about repeating exercises.
I've just got the chance to do a few workouts, but I'm very excited about where this book will take me, not even referring performance wise but also at the motivational side of training with new week routines.
The sweat proof pages is a nice touch, but not really useful. You'll probably memorize (or transfer to you wristwatch) your workout before go out for running...
The plastic spiral doesn't seem to last that long. I'm considering switch to a wired spiral soon.

Train hard. Have fun.
on April 15, 2011
This completes my set. I have the swim workouts and bicycle trainer workouts in a binder too.
It makes planning my own training a lot easier.
on February 6, 2012
Very handy to have- you set trainer workouts for the bike and swim set workouts so why not run workouts!
on July 16, 2013
It is a good guide for all kind of athletes. It can be hard, really hard, it is good. Recommended
on December 6, 2013
This book may have great information... but if you can't read the print, then it's absolutely useless!!!! Whoever put this book together truly didn't take into consideration the fact that folks actually have to be able to read it!!! The type face is tiny, and the color is green on light green paper... what rocket scientist came up with that color combination??? A total waste of money!!!
on August 17, 2014
Now I have to give away my secrets! Anything Bobby McGee is great
on April 18, 2009
Bobby McGee helped me to drop more than 100 pounds and complete the Chicago Marathon. Along the way, Bobby's coaching helped me run several olympic distance triathlons (including the tough Boulder Peak). Bobby's wisdom is invaluable and his training methodology is sound. I was never injured and went from sitting on the couch to 26.2 miles!

Everyone from an elite to a brand new beginner can benefit from Bobby's insight into running. You will get faster and cover more ground with this book.
on February 11, 2010
My husband loves the sweat proof pages. And at first glance it is a very impressive book. He has yet to read the whole thing but it looks to be very well put together, covering a range of abilities, with may different workouts. He is very excited to get started with a new routine.
on March 25, 2011
This book does give you some more ideas on particular sessions to keep variety in the program. There is nothing new or ground breaking presented. Too much walking in the programs. As an experienced runner I didn't find the need to get too involved in the program recommendations other than skimming them. On the suface a newcomer might find them useful.

I do find the book not being in metric to be annoying. This is okay for Americans, but it limits its appeal to the rest of the world. This limitation would affect newcomers more as they might not understand how to adjust the program for metric rather than convert it to metric as some would suggest. That and the fact that most races are in metric and some paces are recommended in mile pace also limit its usefullness to the REST OF THE WORLD.