Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%

on January 2, 2014
I got this for school and am totally not a reader. I usually just skim through the highlights if it is necessary for the class but this book I could not put down once I picked it up. Learned so much!!! Good price. Way better than what they charge you at the school's bookstores. Recommend getting school books from amazon.
on December 23, 1999
RUNAWAYS, AMERICA'S LOST YOUTH is as pertinent today as it was the day it was written. Although the young runaways profiled in these case studies may be old enough now to have their own children or even grandchildren contemplating running away themselves, the basic reasons for running away from one's home remain the same. Times change and specific situations change from generation to generations, but the basic needs and desires remain the same in the relationships between parents and their children. Having read this book at a critical time in my own adolescence, I can speak from experience. This book made a difference to me at a time in my life when consequences were not a significant factor in the decisions I made. I was planning to run away from my home until I read about the realities of life for young runaways. Compared with the experiences of the nine young people profiled in this book, my own circumstances did not seem to be as insurmountable as I had previously believed. I was inspired to work toward constructive solutions in my life. I would highly recommend this book to anyone considering running away or to a parent who suspects that their child may be considering this desperate measure.
on December 10, 1999
RUNAWAYS, AMERICA'S LOST YOUTH is a timeless study of a problem that will be with us as long as their are parents and children. Although it was written in the seventies and focuses on the sixties, the truths here are eternal and the information is still timely. Maryanne Raphael and Jenifer Wolf describe nine case histories in dramatic terms, making them come alive on the paper for young and old to see and perhaps begin to understand. The book was written as a plea to parents to listen carefully to their children and as a warning to youth of the dangers and discomfort awaiting runaways. It is a compelling study of a serious problem and an attempt to help solve it. I recommend the book to all parents and any child thinking of leaving home. Reviewed by Susie Chesser
on January 12, 2003
Runaways, America's Lost Youth is a nonfiction study of teenage runaways. It appeals to young adults as well as parents of young adults who have run away or who are threatening to run away. The authors did a great deal of research on the subject and it is helpful to anyone interested in the subject. It is full of reasons young people give for running away and of suggestions for keeping children at home. This is a harsh book, exploring the dangers facing youth who are on their own. It can be ugly but it is important and I would recommend it to any young person thinking of running away or to any parent who fears his or her child might run.
on February 19, 2013
This book was very touching. It opened my eyes to the truth of runaways and what really does happen to some kids in the USA.
on May 23, 2015
The real deal. Gives you the feeling tone of the '60s.