5.0 out of 5 stars They're Back!
Published on July 17, 2012 by Nickolas X. P. Sharps

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Song!
This song is a good song from a great band! Definitely one to add to your library if you are a killers fan.
Published on January 4, 2013 by Chris S. Reed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Back!, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
The Killers is my favorite band of all time. Hands down. No competition. It broke my heart when they went on hiatus after touring for Day & Age, their third studio album. I was afraid that they would never get back together. In the time since then the members have gone off to pursue their own projects (most notably Brandon Flowers and his solo album Flamingo). In the Fall of 2012, The Killers will be releasing their fourth studio album, titled Battle Born. It is impossible to contain my excitement. As a preview to the new album they have released the first single, "Runaways."

At first "Runaways" sounds like a left over from Brandon's solo album. I was a little disappointed on the first play through but then I listened to it again. And again. And again. And again. You get the point. As a diehard fan you have to take everything I say with a grain of salt but this is a fantastic single. It thoroughly channels the heartland rock vibe that The Killers have seemed to gravitate toward ever since Sam's Town. "Runaways" is as every bit as personal as one of tracks from Flamingo but it is much, much LARGER. The band is back together and the dimensions of the song prove it. Alone each member of this band is talented but together they are something far more astounding than the sum of their parts.

Equal parts glitz and glam, "Runaways" reverberates with heavier guitar and percussion, promising a huge arena rock album to come. I love this single and the story it tells. That is what is so distinct about a song from The Killers. The stories. I can't wait to see this live and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the rest of the album come September.

**EDIT**
I saw The Killers perform at Firefly Music Festival in Dover, Delaware. If you think you like this track just wait until you hear it live. You'll fall in love. Also they played the song "Flesh and Bone" from the new album and it was amazing. It is bugging me so bad that I don't have a copy to listen to right now. It's like a track from Hot Fuss but with an injection of rock. You will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
The song is really great. It does take several listens to actually get into this song. I am really happy The Killers coming back since they are one of my favorite bands!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Killers' 'Born to Run'?, September 21, 2012
DKL (North Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
Some people seem to dislike their slightly Springsteen sound in this, but I find it to be a great mix of the two. It strongly sounds like they've been listening to a lot of The Boss's top hits, but I think that the best of the The Killers is still found in this song. Perhaps not my favorite lyrics on a Killers song, but the whole package is an enjoyable listen that I'm pleased to hear come on my playlist.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, July 26, 2012
QTpieLinZ (Bountiful, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
I loved Brandon Flowers solo stuff. (2 of my top ten ALL TIME favorite songs are from Flamingo, 2 are from Day and Age, 1 from Sam's Town, 1 from Sawdust) SO I am kind of a fan. I LOVE this song. I heard it first on the radio and thought "Hmm...." and then the 2nd time I thought "WOW!" Especially after watching the video it just keeps getting better. I am very excited for the album to come out. This song is powerful and gives me a feeling of something I can't put my finger on. It's has a classic vintage sound, but it is pure Killers resulting perfectly with their evolution together as a band. I love it. Hands down, I LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite band, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
Great song is all I can say. The Killers are the best!!!! Not only this song but the whole album

5.0 out of 5 stars great killers song, February 6, 2013
hello,
we have been fans of the killers for a long time. this song is one of their best ones. the live show at royal albert hall in london was the absolutely best of all the killers' performances. this new song will fit right in with the best of the killers. the vocals are always brandon flowers' eerie sounds. the music is, as always, outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars The song simply rocks., January 30, 2013
Julio "bIG fAT jAY" (Signal Hill, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
Very excited to hear that The Killers were putting ot a new album, I had to have the first single.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like bruce, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
This song reminded me a lot of bruce springstein, and in fact i enjoyed it for that reason. I did not buy the whole album.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Runaways (MP3 Music)
great i really like this,
no complaints
good
i liked it
i would suggest geting it
good good good good