Runner's World Performance Nutrition for Runners by Matt Fitzgerald offers runners up-to-date nutrition advice based on the latest science
Runners have different nutrition and recovery needs than other endurance athletes. Yet until now, they’ve had no nutritional resource specifically addressing their concerns.
This comprehensive guide distills the newest thinking in the science of exercise nutrition into practical, hands-on tips that will help runners stay healthy, recover faster, enjoy better workouts, and race successfully. Readers will learn:
• detailed information on nutritional topics important to runners, from balancing internal energy stores to proper hydration
• how to customize their diets to their individual training needs
• shopping tips and dining-out strategies to help runners maximize their nutritional intake
• the top 5 pre-race meals and top 5 healthiest snacks for runners
• nutritional tips for special populations, including women, children, diabetics, and older runners